Z/28 overhyped!

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I know what the z28 is built for, but I'm still sorely disappointed in the straight line performance and weight.

dead man walkin

Established Member
Dirty yeah I agree with you, I actually did a search trying to find those tires . Pirelli trofeo R in 305/30 19... only found them in Europe for $561 American each.. Also found out that it is considered a superior wet traction tire... conspiracy theory time.... GM ran their track time in wet weather. . Who would choose to do that... unless you ran the time in dry and it wasn't all that impressive, so you set it up for wet running then pulled a excuse like they do on top gear for wet laps, honestly even if your 500 plus hp car is set for track duty it should accelerate faster than that. .

D.T.R

Established Member
As said previously, just change tires on a $30,000 cheaper Boss 302 and it's a driver's race...

5lho

Established Member
Wow, that is impressive. The money for this thing is crazy but, it's a pretty impressive achievement, nonetheless. There is no way in hell a B302LS is going to stand up to this thing on a road course, no matter what tires are on it. Not with that motor in there, those brakes and the rest of the package that well sorted.

I looked at it at the car show recently, it's a real mean looking car, too. My girlfriend says it looks like it wants to scoop people up with its splitter and ingest them through the hood vents. She's right. It makes the SS look like a child's perambulator.

ford20

Established Member
Read the comments in that article for a good laugh. Some people actually think that $75k is a fair price :lol::lol:

These things are complete garbage! GM is going to screw so many customers with that junk box.

$75k for a car with no AC and no radio that only traps 117mph? Weak.

I know it's ment for handling. But still not impressive. If the car was in the $40k price range, then I would be much more impressed.
Apparently you guys haven't seen what this $75k does to $130k on a road course, this honestly is a huge bang for the buck car!
That's what I was thinking too lol... :??:

I have to agree, you are going to have to do a bit more to this car than adding the next generation of Pirelli R compound tires to make it handle anywhere near this car.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Road course = win
street will = lose

Not a bad car at all but the straight line performance does suck, was hoping for 121-122 1/4 mile but that aint happening stock LOL!

Paul.

Established Member
All the vitriol and douchebaggery in this thread is nothing short of astounding. The new Z/28 is a neat car and obviously a real performer. All of you nutswingers who can't afford one of them anyway need to get a grip on reality.

Why can't people appreciate a cool muscle car? Does the emblem on the grille matter that much to you douchebags?

Jesus.

Paul.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
The z/28 is an amazing piece of machinery. I just hate how Ford/Chevy never seems to have the competitors out at the same time. But I guess it's a way to keep the rivalry going

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Definitely a cool car yes, but for 75k, buy a boss ls, spend the extra 30k on suspension mods, tires, blower and boom, much, much quicker than the z/28.

curemystangitis

Professional Amateur
Established Member
All the vitriol and douchebaggery in this thread is nothing short of astounding. The new Z/28 is a neat car and obviously a real performer. All of you nutswingers who can't afford one of them anyway need to get a grip on reality.

Why can't people appreciate a cool muscle car? Does the emblem on the grille matter that much to you douchebags?

Jesus.

Paul.

I agree. Not everybody evaluates their vehicle by 1/4 mile time slips...

From an engineering point of view I appreciate the car and that it will push all pony cars in the long run. That being said, $75k for that Z28 is crazy.

Last edited:

jmurray87

Established Member
People keep looking at this car for "drag times and performance" when this car was clearly built with the circuit track in mind. In that area its pretty dam amazing.

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
yeah it is nice to see a 'merican car kicking German and Japanese supercars butts... wish it would have been a Ford. It would be fun if Ford took the BOSS back and threw 10 thousand dollar brakes, GOOD R compound tires, about 150 more horsepower and race suspension. It would sticker about the same (my guess 75K or s0) but I have to figure with hundreds of pounds less in weight and a better chassis to start with, it would be world class.

Those TROFEO tires and the ceramic brakes are quite a bit of those lap times. Brake confidence and absolute max traction are going to buy seconds on the track for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread