Z06 and C32 AMG Kills

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
I’ve been looking for a Z06 forever. Finally on my way home from running errands I found one leaving the parking lot. I gave him a friendly growl and told the girlfriend to hang on. He mashed it right out of the lot; obviously he wanted a piece. We come to a red light with only one lane open so I follow in behind him. When the light turns I take off right behind him. By the end of first I was passing him, grabbed second and pulled out by about 2 cars then he let off. Next light was red. I asked him if he wanted to go again, he said “sure why not.” As the light turns I dump it and pull about ½ a car. I end up at about 90 with him 3 cars back. We both waved and went our separate ways. One of the cooler vette owners I have run into (most have been dicks).

I had one passenger, full tank, and a trunk full of shit from target.

After that encounter I hit up Vons, filling the car completely with groceries I found an AMG C32. I gave him a little rev and he seemed interested. The next light was red with one open spot up front. I go in behind him. When the light turns I we both charge. By second gear I had almost a car on him. I took it all the way up to 120ish ending with 4 or so cars on him. I waved and he waved back and turned off.

I had one passenger, full tank, full backseat of groceries, and a trunk full of shit from target.

Who knew errands could be so fun.

Sorry for the length…

BossZ06

Established Member
no here we go again! they are both great cars in my book for the money......just everyone wants to kill the big dogs .....it makes me smile everytime i read something like this ...:bowdown::kaboom:

Last edited:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Good on ya if that really happened. Do you have any mods? If you were stock with a trunk full of crap, I would imagine it a little harder to pull on a Z06. Especially if he already had a car length on you. Just me, but if you're stock, I call b.s. :loser:

BossZ06

Established Member
The next light was red with one open spot up front. I go in behind him. When the light turns I we both charge. By second gear I had almost a car on him. I took it all the way up to 120ish ending with 4 or so cars on him. I waved and he waved back and turned off.

on city streets
:loser:
maybe if ya hit some one
it will be some one you know :xpl:

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Originally posted by sharkbite1979
Good on ya if that really happened. Do you have any mods? If you were stock with a trunk full of crap, I would imagine it a little harder to pull on a Z06. Especially if he already had a car length on you. Just me, but if you're stock, I call b.s. :loser:

Man, lot of name calling. BS if I was stock....

POSSz06,

Thanks for trolling....Your coments mean a lot. My rear tyres make yours look like they came off a honda.

Use the quote button if you want to quote, or start your own thread if you want to tell a story.

Pyro

Established Member
Z06's are very fast cars but to all you Z06 owners, I have news for you.....they (stock ones and some modded ones) are easy prey for a pulley/chipped 03/04 Cobra. Not a flame, just a fact. I happen to love Z06's and would own one but I need back seats. You Z06 owners should take it as a compliment.

btw, good luck finding non-pullied/chipped 03/04 Cobras. They are becoming as rare as big foot sightings being so cheap and all.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Originally posted by chunkysoup
is that the only time they are quick?

Apparently! Except when I go run errands and have a trunk full of crap. I usually pull up behind '03 Vipers and Ferarri Challenge Stradales and put two car lengths on them by the next light.
:smmon:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I've actually been owned by a few Terminators that were pullied and chipped. I'm just sayin' that a car that's already heavier bone stock with a trunk full of sh*t can't pull a Z06 with a car length lead and a slight jump. I'm an SVT refugee and I can't wait to get back into the next Cobra, so I'm always open to flames about my plastic bowtie.

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
Apparently! Except when I go run errands and have a trunk full of crap. I usually pull up behind '03 Vipers and Ferarri Challenge Stradales and put two car lengths on them by the next light.
:lol:

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member

trunk full of shit ~ 200lbs = 5% weight increase right where you want it.

This is funny....Were you there? I was, had a great view. I can drive, and my tires always hook.

What's with your mental block? I said we only went to 90, so about an 1/8th mile where traction has a greater impact than a 5% weight increase. I ran 12.40s@116 all day before the chip and full ex with the stock f1s. Now I'm tuned and I drive around with 315/30 gumballs. You're just in denial.

Last edited:

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by captain4g63
This is funny....Were you there? I was, had a great view. I can drive, and my tires always hook.

Are you new to drag racing? I said we only went to 90, so about an 1/8th mile. I ran 12.40s@116 all day before the chip and with the stock f1s. Now I'm tuned and I drive around with 315/30 gumballs. You're just in denial.

Didn't you know...Vette guys cant handle getting beaten even if it was someone elses vette.

Users who are viewing this thread