Z06 vs Evo IX and a Few others!!

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well this past weekend we got together as usual and after some hanging out we hit the freeway for some run's. A few comments about the races and cars first. The Evo IX has a TBE and reflash (22psi) the Z06 I/E/Tune (SCT X Cal) 96 GT w/Mach Motor, longtubes, exhaust but no tune. The STi has a Cobb tune, TBE and Intake as far as I know and finally the Mod Fox its an 88 with a 2valve motor out of an 01-03 Saleen??, longtubes, exhaust, cams intake and a Vortech (not tuned if I remember correctly, said for some reason it only run's like 2 psi). I believe we were all starting in 2nd gear, the Z06 and the GT had some traction problems (freakin cold night) But it was fun regardless since were all friends just having fun. The Evo is pretty quick for the mod's it has, it ran 12.4 @108 a couple weeks ago. He is on this board so im sure he'll chime in :) Enjoy!!

Another Street racing compilation brought to you by S.R.A.Z06, EVO IX, STi, Mach'd GT & SC'd Fox

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol, I think I have one, but come to find out my clutch was slipping :( Right now it's down waiting for the new clutch to come in. I'll see if I can find the vid.

shhak

Established Member
Good video. That Z sounds sweet. It's pretty obvious traction was a problem for you that night. Gotta get that thing hookin and bookin cause spinnin ain't winnin!!! If you get tired of that Z, give me a shout. I think there's room in the garage for one more. LOL!.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol, dont know if the wife will ever sell her Z (btw, she was driving) Im uploading the vid of my FRC right now. There is an old vid of my Cobra on there too :)

riced06rs

Established Member
vid came out good thanks for posting it, those where some good runs that night cant wait for this weekend i hope the clear weather hold up. once again great hanging out with you guys

shhak

Established Member
Lol, dont know if the wife will ever sell her Z (btw, she was driving) Im uploading the vid of my FRC right now. There is an old vid of my Cobra on there too :)

Well, since she can drive like that, sell her to me and let her bring the car with her. Oh, wait, I've already got a wife... Guess I'll have to find another Z. Nice cars though man. :beer:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Haha no problem, maybe we can get some of the LS1 guys to run you, I think they'd be surprised :)

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well, since she can drive like that, sell her to me and let her bring the car with her. Oh, wait, I've already got a wife... Guess I'll have to find another Z. Nice cars though man. :beer:

Sorry, I'll pass on that :) Lol, thanks for the complimets :beer:

riced06rs

Established Member
those ls1 guys wanted to run that night but cops started pulling over people but ya im game to run them, i think next week im going to go get my car tuned.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Sweet, im sure they will be out this weekend. I'll get a hold of Wes and find out.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
vid came out good thanks for posting it, those where some good runs that night cant wait for this weekend i hope the clear weather hold up. once again great hanging out with you guys

you should get yourself a mbc, or ebc and get a good dyno tune on that thing.. you have more power left on the table that your not taking advantage of.. although it does seem to run pretty good.. i dont see why you wouldnt be able to run 23psi and pushing a fair bit over 300hp/tq too.

good runs though guys.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Pete, hit me up this weekend if you guys go out. I'm off, and have a slight racing itch, lol

Sweet, yeah we'll be going out, I'll hit you up. Lol but dress warm it's been pretty cold :)

bmfgsxr...You have to remember were out in CA with our crappy 91 octane, the car's out here typically make less power. I remember when I had my Evo I would always see it, guys out here making 300 and guys back east making 330 with similar mods.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread