Z06 vs Evo IX and a Few others!!

Quik Z06

Established Member
Thanks Marlon, yeah too bad we couldnt get runs in like this when you guy's were down here.

riced06rs

Established Member
bmfgsxr i know i got a lot left in it i just got the reflash done not to long ago at gstmotorsports i been happy with the car for a couple weeks but now im shooting for high 11's in the 1/4, im going back next week for a full tune an 24psi i know i will be making over 300 hp an tq.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
bmfgsxr i know i got a lot left in it i just got the reflash done not to long ago at gstmotorsports i been happy with the car for a couple weeks but now im shooting for high 11's in the 1/4, im going back next week for a full tune an 24psi i know i will be making over 300 hp an tq.

Good runs.

My 06 EVO IX with bolt ons, cams, tune put down 358whp and 351wtq on 93 octane. It was a fun car for sure.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
Sweet, yeah we'll be going out, I'll hit you up. Lol but dress warm it's been pretty cold :)

bmfgsxr...You have to remember were out in CA with our crappy 91 octane, the car's out here typically make less power. I remember when I had my Evo I would always see it, guys out here making 300 and guys back east making 330 with similar mods.

thats true..91octane sucks.. although he should still have some more left with a good tune.

bmfgsxr

Established Member

are you looking for 11's on your current power level or after a tune and 24psi? are you going to be running meth at 24psi, like pete mentioned above with 91 octane there are limits.

riced06rs

Established Member
are you looking for 11's on your current power level or after a tune and 24psi? are you going to be running meth at 24psi, like pete mentioned above with 91 octane there are limits.

Im at 22.5 right now and tapers off to about 18.5 at 7k. I wont be using a mbc or ebc. It will be turned up through the ecu when i get the tune. This way i am able to maintain all the factory parameters and safeguards. Also quicker spool and able to maintain boost through out the RPM's. Wont need meth until i eventually upgrade to a bigger turbo. Bryan(my tuner) and i have been discussing on a regular basis what i can and cant do on the piss we call fuel here in cali. 24 pounds will be no problem on 91.

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Yeah I agree there is definitely more power to be made with a more aggresive tune.

Derek, you ready to run a few cars on Saturday? Lol the burgundy TA wants to run and my buddy Josh with a Grey Evo IX.

Ralph

Established Member
Good races.

06rs - you could run mid 11's with your current setup.. just add meth+boost :). I've done it on multiple customer cars :D. Drop-In, Exhaust, Meth - 11 sec goodness @ 114-116mph

MJMJ7

Established Member
Looks like the Evo and my Cobra would be a decent run, depending on starting speed. I'm going to try to come out saturday night.

riced06rs

Established Member
ralph i know i could of got lower into the 12's but it was getting late that night so i headed home i know after the tune witch i set up for this coming up monday that i will be able to get into the high 11's, then gt30r will be coming :)

fusionchicken

Established Member

you're talking about making over 300/300 on gst's dyno dynamics? that'll be pretty damn quick :D

ponyboyx04

Established Member
Well this past weekend we got together as usual and after some hanging out we hit the freeway for some run's. A few comments about the races and cars first. The Evo IX has a TBE and reflash (22psi) the Z06 I/E/Tune (SCT X Cal) 96 GT w/Mach Motor, longtubes, exhaust but no tune. The STi has a Cobb tune, TBE and Intake as far as I know and finally the Mod Fox its an 88 with a 2valve motor out of an 01-03 Saleen??, longtubes, exhaust, cams intake and a Vortech (not tuned if I remember correctly, said for some reason it only run's like 2 psi). I believe we were all starting in 2nd gear, the Z06 and the GT had some traction problems (freakin cold night) But it was fun regardless since were all friends just having fun. The Evo is pretty quick for the mod's it has, it ran 12.4 @108 a couple weeks ago. He is on this board so im sure he'll chime in :) Enjoy!!

Another Street racing compilation brought to you by S.R.A.Z06, EVO IX, STi, Mach'd GT & SC'd Fox

out playn, and you didnt call me? good video of the frc, doesnt give me much hope...lol

Quik Z06

Established Member
I think I did call you Brock, you just never answer your phone :) Lol, the FRC was actually slow right there, i think the clutch was already starting to go but we already have the new one in, so its just a matter of getting the headers and a few misc things back on and it will be good to go. Also I should have my new Nitto's by next week so I'll be ready :D

Oh and Brock just let me know when and where and I have a C6Z for you to run. I had pm'd him and he said no problem, just to let him know. You may have seen him around, it's black. He also has a SS with a 408 and spray, that thing would be a beast as well. I need to get my clutch broken in asap so I can get this on vid :D

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Yeah it was PITA getting the twin disk in, we had to loosen the bell housing which was a pita then once we got it in, the clutch discs weren't aligned (even with the alignment tool) but we managed to get it. It should take us maybe 3 or so more hours to finish, if it werent for the hoilday we could have finished today. Once it's done im driving it everywhere, lol it's about 500 miles to break it in then I'll be ready for some fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread