Z06vette.com

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by F8LBITE
Yes I have my buddy Ray which is who I was saying hi to.

Very nice video and great proof!!!!!!

It was coool hearing the girl say 11.19 holy crap.

Ya wanna run buddy :) ..... j/k

:beer:

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
The guys over there at z06vette.com seem really cool.

Much nicer than the couple of vette owners I have met on the streets around here. They get violently mad after I race them. I don't understand that, if I had lost I would have been interested in the mods and talking to the driver of the other car.

I think they are amazed at how well the 03 cobra does run with just a few mods, which is something they have never seen in a mustang before.

Nice thread

:thumbsup:

MystCobra

Established Member
I'll add my .02 in here and believe me it is absolutely unbiased as I own both cars in question here. Stock for stock the 03 Cobra is not a match to the Z06...it wasn't designed to be as it cost $11,000 less (got the Z06 new for $46,000 and the Cobra new for $35,000); however for minimum $$ amount for certain mods (exhaust, cold air, & chip) it can be close in straight line performance...for some more $$$ (pulley, gears, etc) it will surpass the stock Z06 in straight line; but by now there is not near $11,000 difference in stock Z06 & modded Cobra. But I am sure there are those that will argue even with that assessment. Point is I have defended my Cobra on the Z06VETTE.com forum just as I have defended my Z06 here on the Cobra forum. There are some great guys on the Z06 forum (WAY2FST for one) who are very knowledgeable of Cobras & Fords (he owns a Lightning and just sold a 700 HP Mustang he built up) and open-minded about the potential and limitations of the new Cobra. However, there are some Z06 owners who feel a little intimidated by the numbers put down by some 03 Cobras just as there are some Cobra owners here who think a stock Cobra is better/faster than a stock Z06. To each his own thoughts; but for me I KNOW which is faster...but I don't care because I knew when I bought the Cobra that it is not the car the Z06 is. I enjoy driving both and get equal satisfaction out of both. Don't worry if the other guy's is bigger...just be happy you've got what you got.

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
The ZO6 is a great 2 seater and the Cobra a great 2+2 sport coupe. Both are the best bang for a buck available. I bought the Cobra because I like to spend $40,000 rather than more and have the extra room, even though handling and comfort is not at ZO6 levels. I enjoy playing the mod game. I might buy a Mercedes CLK55 next or a Zo6 and supercharge it! Just trying to have a little fun before i die.

My1stFord

Established Member
that Z06 Crowd on Z06vette.com rocks plain and simple... every board has their share of socially retarded individuals (how about that 97 porsche guy in here earlier this week, haha) but by and large they, like this crowd share the common love for wine, women, song and sweet fast machines.

toast up :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread