Z06vette.com

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
:burn: It looks like this over there. They don't believe what my car runs. All I was doing was saying whats up to a buddy of mine and all hell breaks loose. z06 racing page (what's up 02 z06racer) check it out and reply if you want, I know some of you guys saw my run at Cecil and can let them know. And my car will be in the 10's first thing as soon as the track opens and I get my new half shafts.:thumbsup:

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I can't believe you would run that much power and not have a shifter.

Do your ETs a favor and get a Pro 5.0 or Steeda Tri Ax.

Nice times by the way. Veeeeeery nice.

Any HP / TQ and boost numbers for us to drool on?

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by F8LBITE
:burn: It looks like this over there. They don't believe what my car runs. All I was doing was saying whats up to a buddy of mine and all hell breaks loose. z06 racing page (what's up 02 z06racer) check it out and reply if you want, I know some of you guys saw my run at Cecil and can let them know. And my car will be in the 10's first thing as soon as the track opens and I get my new half shafts.:thumbsup:

I read the article and you could get some respect over there if you post your time slip?

I would only run "rythem" at the track and video the win!

:beer:

Silver 03 Cobra

They didn't do you too bad. Wa2fast stuck up for you. They have a couple of people that get after people but those types are a lot less common over there than other boards. Unless you really get out of line yourself, they treat you well or don't acknowledge your posts.

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
Yeah my problem is fixed, its not the shifter it was the clutch as I suspected all along. It wouldn't engage above 6000rpm. SPEC stage 3 installed no more missed shifts, get maybe a 250rpm jump when I shift. My posted started as saying hello to a buddy of mine then they started in about my sig.:bash: I would love to run rythem at the track. And I don't know for the life of me how to post a picture in my sig.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I just want to read the thread. Any linky??

There are way too many forums over there and I can't tell what goes where :shrug:

ZO6 DUST

Established Member
Listen to T3 Cobra..

FLBBITE,

Sorry about your bad experience. I have found ZO6Vette.com to be one of the most mature, laid back forums on the web. Members are not hesitant to critize their own in order to promote and maintain a culture that is car enthusiast oriented. I post here, and members here, post there. Don't take it personal, but welcome it as an opportunity to educate someone. You find people are more receptive when they are not engaged in a verbal debate. This is not the case on other Vette forums, I don't even bother with them anymore, they are full of idiots.

The 03 Corba SVT is relative new-comer to the streets, quickly garnishing and carving out it's own reputation. With the exception of the Cobra R (IMO) it has been a while since Ford has put a package like this out on the streets. It's going to take a while for some people to take you seriously. Take it with a grain of salt, there is never a need to get personal.

Post some time slips or video in the same thread, that is irrefutable. If you need help, let me know.

Silver03Snake is absolutley right, those type of people are becoming a lot less common as time goes on.

If you still doubt what I say about the culture of ZO6Vette.com then read this thread:

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31331

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I will still never understand how a guy posts hello to a friend, someone reads his sig and starts chucking accusations at him. Why?

F8LBITE drew absolutely NO attention to his times / MPH in that initial post.

That seems like some people are getting really nervous about the capability of other fast American cars and jumping the gun hoping to plug their ears and make the '03 go away.

It ain't gonna happen.

Fast is fast.

F8L you got some AMAZING skills brother man. Keep up the good work. :beer:

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Those Z06 boys just have trouble admitting/understanding that a new car w/ power everything, costing $15,000 less, will be faster than MOST of them w/ $2,000 in mods. Plain and simple.

ZO6 DUST

Established Member
Your absolutely correct

But you can also see a couple of members jumped in and helped him out. rythem or whatever his name is, he's new (less than 100 posts) and primarily posts in the rcacing section obviously has a probelm, thats pretty clear. Everyone can see that, I just didn't want it to be a reflection for the rest of the guys on the board - that would be a shame.

It was wrong, more importantly it was stupid.

Snakebitten - no we don't, it was one idiot, don't blow it out of proportion

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I've browsed the Z06vette.com forum today because of this thread.

Most seem like great guys with great cars.

I have a friend or two or three with Z06s in various states of modding as well. :)

The real point is that forum and this forum are the only place I come for serious discussions on the top dogs. Period.

Know thy enemy.

At the end of the day we all dig punching it to the floor and twisting our guts out.

raiders03

Banned
Have any of you guys ever seen a Z06 run 11's stock? How many think these guys are full of sh*t?

cobrakiller

Established Member
Tommy, Nice video but the pole was in the way. Can't wait to see you run 10's at MIR this spring.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread