Z28 (STS) vs. 03 Cobra (pullied)

JD_Z28

Established Member
We'll my buddy finally got his car running good with the pulley and decided he wanted to run me on the open highway. Were both cruising about the same speed and I give him the jump at 65mph, he gets about a car ahead of me and thats it, from there I real him in and pull about 5 cars ahead of him by 120mph. All he has done is the 2.75 pulley, i'm hoping to run a KB Cobra next :coolman:

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
Before anyone calls BS....take a minute and check out the numbers or videos these STS Ls1's are making. Its pretty impressive!

JD_Z28

Established Member
ford_racer said:
What numbers are you putting down?

Good kill.

Don't quite know yet but i'll be finding out next week...:pepper:
I'm only running 8 lbs of boost.

Last edited:

redline360

Established Member
black99lightnin said:
I see no reason to disbelieve you beat on a pulley only Cobra. A KB Cobra will rip you a new one.

I wouldnt be so sure on that one. It all depends if he wants to run more boost(stock internal ls1??).

Some of those STS cars are complete monsters when set up right

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
redline360 said:
I wouldnt be so sure on that one. It all depends if he wants to run more boost(stock internal ls1??).

Some of those STS cars are complete monsters when set up right

His limiting factor will be stock internals, where as you can be pretty stupid with a KB on a Cobra as long as you have the correct tune. Same reason why a Mach with turbos or a Procharger is a beast.....for a while.

BM1

Established Member
I bet you're making 500 RWHP +/- to pull a (pullied) Cobra like that. You're definately making more power either way.

Last edited:

magred

Established Member
STS actually stands for Squires Turbo Systems. And they make some damn good numbers. Alot of people were discounting them when they first came out but now those same people are having to eat crow.

ex-PJs snake

That Others May Live
Established Member
Nice kill.
Shame you live in California. I would not mind running you with my crappy old, IRS riddled, defunct procharged 99' Cobra.

Let us know what happens when you run into a comparable KB Cobra.

JD_Z28

Established Member
black99lightnin said:
His limiting factor will be stock internals, where as you can be pretty stupid with a KB on a Cobra as long as you have the correct tune. Same reason why a Mach with turbos or a Procharger is a beast.....for a while.

Sorry i'm not on stock internals. I tried to get my buddy to have his friend with a KB Cobra to run me but he backed out, It dosen't matter anyway because i'm pretty sure I would of taken him anyway. I guess he's only running on 15lbs of boost :shrug:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
At 15psi, I went 11.0@128mph.
I didn't make any clean passes at 17psi (broken pressure plate, got thrown out twice for no bar).
I'm now running 19psi.
Since you're being secretive with your mods, it's hard to guess how a twin-screwed car will do.
S.

JD_Z28

Established Member
Snorman said:
At 15psi, I went 11.0@128mph.
I didn't make any clean passes at 17psi (broken pressure plate, got thrown out twice for no bar).
I'm now running 19psi.
Since you're being secretive with your mods, it's hard to guess how a twin-screwed car will do.
S.

I'm only running 8.7lbs of boost ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread