Z28 vs C6, G8 vs Cobalt, GTO vs SRT-4

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
A few of us met up yesterday to try and get a few runs in. Overall it went smoothly and we got some good races.

2000 Z28, 6 speed, Dynatech long tubes, offroad Y-pipe, Corsa catback, lid, tune, Z06 clutch and flywheel, shifter

IMG_3263.jpg

2005 Corvette, 6-Speed, cai
**THE CORVETTE HAS A Z06 BODY CONVERSION. IT IS NOT A Z06**

2005Corvette.jpg

The first race was a 1st gear roll with a passenger in both cars. At the start of the race, the Z28 was on the inside lane of a slight curve, fwiw.

[youtube_browser]p25NtSqE7JY[/youtube_browser]

The second race was a 2nd gear roll with a passenger in both cars.

[youtube_browser]nd46431KaTM[/youtube_browser]

2009 G8 GT, A6, cai, axleback exhaust, tune

IMG_3265.jpg

2008 Cobalt SS TC, GM Stage 1

IMG_3267.jpg

This race was from 40 mph, with a passenger in both cars.

[youtube_browser]WYm6c4ncZTM[/youtube_browser]

2005 GTO, M6, stock

IMG_3266.jpg

2004 SRT-4, not sure on the exact mods, but it has a bunch of bolt-ons and a 50-trim turbo set to 21 psi. Put down 337 whp.

IMG_3270.jpg

This race was from 30 mph, with the GTO in 1st gear and the SRT-4 in 2nd gear. We told him that was too low for 2nd, but he wanted to give it a shot anyway.

[youtube_browser]yeLFKY2W250[/youtube_browser]

This race was from 45 mph, with both cars in 2nd gear.

[youtube_browser]h9iRLckCRPk[/youtube_browser]

I've played around with the SRT-4 in the G8 and I've ridden in it and I thought it would be a better race. I'm thinking a little driving practice might make it a bit closer.

I think we all had alot of fun yesterday and there was zero drama :)

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Ugh LTs, tune, cai, etc on the Z and still couldn't walk a near stock C6 (2005 is LS2 right?) :(

Nice videos... daytime even..thanks for sharing!

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Ugh LTs, tune, cai, etc on the Z and still couldn't walk a near stock C6 (2005 is LS2 right?) :(

Thanks, man!

We actually thought the vette was going to pull. Should be around the same rwhp, but weighs less.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Thanks, man!

We actually thought the vette was going to pull. Should be around the same rwhp, but weighs less.

Is there much of a weight difference? My 01 was 3440lbs (full weight, full tank of gas) on a truck scale... I think curb list for a C6 is just under 3200lbs? A few hundred lbs can be changed up depending on the drivers weight/fuel load/passengers/etc pretty easily. :beer:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Good vids! The C6 started pulling the faster they went, but it was slight.

good vids !
but the driver of the srt-4 needs to learn how to drive it and how to brake boost.

It was still the slower car. Even when they were winding out the top of the upper gears the GTO was still slowly pulling away. Driver mod would have only meant he wouldnt have been quite as far back as he was.

bones srt-4

yep,still a neon.
Established Member
i was able to put gto's in my rear view back when i was on stock turbo. so i wonder if the srt-4 is tuned right with having the 50 trim? if the gto is stock the srt-4 should have put buslengths on it.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
I raced a friends 50 trim neon. He was sure he was going to win and I ended up putting bus lengths on him not unlike the outcome of me racing LS2 GTOs......

19935.slow

Established Member
Speaking from roll racing terms. Any srt4 with full bolt ons and a 50 trim on 20psi usually traps over 120mph.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Speaking from roll racing terms. Any srt4 with full bolt ons and a 50 trim on 20psi usually traps over 120mph.

All I can go off is what the owner told me. He said it put down 337 whp (Dynojet) in this trim. I don't really see it trapping 120 at that power level. Is it making that much power right now? I can't say for sure, but it might be down on power.

I know that a 50 trim SRT-4 can be extremely fast when set to kill mode, but this one wasn't.

The SRT-4 was a decent bit faster than my G8 (didn't get it on video), but that was a different night, maybe better driving/better brake boosting, who knows.

We'll get more videos throughout the season and I'll post up the results, whatever they are.

Last edited:

Ju1ce

Banned
i was able to put gto's in my rear view back when i was on stock turbo. so i wonder if the srt-4 is tuned right with having the 50 trim? if the gto is stock the srt-4 should have put buslengths on it.

Rumor has it that the GTO had driver mod.

rubicon04

SVT Poster
Established Member
Something is severely up with the Srt if its only putting down 337 whp on 21 pounds on a 50 trim. Those arent much higher than maxed out stock turbo numbers
That car should be trapping 118-120ish all day

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member

I think it did great for the small mods he had. Looks like the Vette was starting to pull at higher speeds but nothing big. It surprised me seeing them next to each other :beer:
good vids !
but the driver of the srt-4 needs to learn how to drive it and how to brake boost.

+1 Even at 340whp, aren't they about 800+lbs lighter than the GTO?? I would've thought that SRT to pull it pretty easily.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
I think it did great for the small mods he had. Looks like the Vette was starting to pull at higher speeds but nothing big. It surprised me seeing them next to each other :beer:

+1 Even at 340whp, aren't they about 800+lbs lighter than the GTO?? I would've thought that SRT to pull it pretty easily.

LS2 GTOs rape stock terminators. This little skittle didnt have a shot in hell, as you can see.

00ls1z

Thats my white z in the video, i thought i was gonna get walked by the vette, its a bigger motor in a lighter car. Im still on the stock ls1 intake which is holding be back some, ls6 intake is the next mod along with some gear...

Gonna try to get a run in with juice's gto sometime soon, I'm prob gonna get walked but i'm always down for a race.

Users who are viewing this thread