Z28 Vs Cobra

03svtzak

Established Member
So a built motor makes it fast? News to me...the OP cant be more than 20yrs old.

So your saying a built motor is not fast? so when you spend money on a build, its not gonna be fast?:??: i dunno what your standard is on being fast. but if a z28 can keep up with a cobra, i consider it fast. its quick.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
So your saying a built motor is not fast? so when you spend money on a build, its not gonna be fast?:??: i dunno what your standard is on being fast. but if a z28 can keep up with a cobra, i consider it fast. its quick.

They're saying "built motor" is a vague statement. Without a power adder, ported heads and/or a cam forged internals alone doesn't do anything.

03svtzak

Established Member
They're saying "built motor" is a vague statement. Without a power adder, ported heads and/or a cam forged internals alone doesn't do anything.

Well that's what i would call a built engine. it says in the first post, i didnt want to get to indebted about the whole thing, just thought it would be common since. My mistake for not explaining it better.

Thanks cause i wasn't getting what they were getting at.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Tough crowd lol. Sounds like a close run. But if it was built then a cobra with your mods would have his hands full. Congrats on the win though

Heater

Just Bolt On's
Established Member
Instead of saying "built motor" you should of said "cam only"; nobody would of questioned that :rolling:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Tough crowd lol. Sounds like a close run. But if it was built then a cobra with your mods would have his hands full. Congrats on the win though

I agree that "built" is subjective. HCI, exhaust and tune can net 500 rwhp if done correctly on an LS1 (or so I keep getting told by the LSX crowd.) But you're right, w/o details on what HCI, headers, pistons used etc etc were used it could be anywhere from low 400's to 550+.

Last edited:

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
I agree that "built" is subjective. HCI, exhaust and tune can net 500 rwhp if done correctly on an LS1 (or so I keep getting told by the LSX crowd.) But you're right, w/o details on what HCI, headers, pistons used etc etc were used it could be anywhere from low 400's to 550+.

500rwhp can be done on a N/A 346 ls1, but it needs to be a pretty radical setup. Its not common to come by a 500rwhp n/a ls1.

Users who are viewing this thread