Zaino saved my butt big time yesterday!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, I thought I was going a bit overboard with my Zaino applications. I've put on about 8 coats of Z-2 plus about a dozen Z-6 coats. Well, there are four huge trees within a 50' radius of where I park at work. And around this time of year the sparrows (literally hundreds of them) roost in the trees through the day. My wife (who works with me) came in to tell me my car was covered with bird crap. Must have happened a couple of hours earlier. About an hour later I left work and drove home to wash it and see if there was any paint damage. Nada! The stuff came right off and the finish looks showroom clean. I can't say enough about the important of prepping your new Cobra and applying a good base of high quality polish or wax. Believe me, it will pay dividends.
:beer:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Holy crap, I would hate for that shit to happen to me :) Keep that baby shining.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Have you thrown a stick of dynamite in the tree yet? :-D
Nope! But when I lived a town over (fewer houses around) we used to get thousands of these sparrows in the Fall. They would make a mess of everything. I still remember loading up my pellet gun with 10+ BBs and peppering the trees. Not sure if I ever actually hit any. LOL!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by bassin247
Holy crap, I would hate for that shit to happen to me :) Keep that baby shining.
Hey Mike, how's the KB install going? Did you get your Predator tune yet? When are you hitting the dyno?

03MUSTANGSVT

Established Member
Hey CobraBob-

What Zaino products do you use on your car. I'm very interested in purchasing some Zaino, but they have so many things to offer. I was going to purchase the Z2 & Z5. What is your opinion on this?

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
AAAaaaaahhhh!!!! I imagine that would be my reaction to seeing my car covered with bird bombs. What a choice...park under a tree to protect the paint from the sun and get bird bombed or park in the sun and have the UV working away all day at dulling the paint. I'm lucky that mine goes from my garage at home to my garage at work.

Is there anything Zaino can't do???? :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken::chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by 03MUSTANGSVT
Hey CobraBob-

What Zaino products do you use on your car. I'm very interested in purchasing some Zaino, but they have so many things to offer. I was going to purchase the Z2 & Z5. What is your opinion on this?
I use the following Zaino products.
ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive
Z-2™ Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes
Z-6™ Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
Z-7™ Show Car Wash
Z-9™ Leather Soft Spray Cleaner
Z-16™ Perfect Tire Gloss
Z-18™ ClayBar

You really would only need the first three plus the ClayBar to start. If you want the name of a great distributor (same price as buying direct from Zaino but you get better service and a couple of freebees) let me know.

ALA G8R

Banned
Originally posted by CobraBob
I use the following Zaino products.
ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive
Z-2™ Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes
Z-6™ Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
Z-7™ Show Car Wash
Z-9™ Leather Soft Spray Cleaner
Z-16™ Perfect Tire Gloss
Z-18™ ClayBar

Cut and past that into my Christmas list. Along with a Predator.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by ALA G8R
Cut and past that into my Christmas list. Along with a Predator.
Sure, just send me your address..........and a blank check. :lol1: :lol1:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Bob-since you seem to know so much about the product, I have a ?? for you. Three months ago, I put 6 coats of Zaino's polish and wax, over a two day period. Winters coming. I want to put on another two coats just to make sure the car will survive the winter. Should I clay bar the car again? Or keep whats on there now, and just go over it with more coats?

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
Sal Zaino told me that you can clay lightly (whatever that means) over existing Zaino without removing it. Just don't use Dawn and strip whats on there. If you have really have alot of tar buildup, you might have to do it over. I'd rec z5 x 2 and then seal it up with z2 if you decide not to redo your entire car IMHO .

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Man that's nasty. I had this happen once too. I parked under a tree and came out to a purple car after a few thousand birds took a dump on it.

Turns out that they were roosting in the tree and were stuffing themselves with mulberries from a tree nearby.

I almost didn't recognize my car when I saw it. It was completely covered in bird dung. And it wasn't the standard dung either. It was the industrial chunky kind, complete with mulberry seeds.

Needless to say, I had to borrow a neighbors hose and clean it right there. I was NOT going to drive it home like that.

:chicken:

CWCobra

Established Member
Zaino rules!!

I just returned form a 300 mile road trip, and the front of my '03 was absolutely COVERED with bug strikes. You could not touch the front bumper without hitting a bug strike. Thanks to about 8 coats of Zaino, the bugs washed right off, like scambled eggs off of a Pam'd skillet. Now my '03 looks as good as new,
Later,
CW

Users who are viewing this thread