Zaino Wax??

phreakness

Established Member
From everything I read its a opinion thing. Zaino Meguires are all great wax / hand polishes. i've got about $800 in waxes polishes and the like from over the years most are crap until you break down and get the good stuff. then Zaino / Meguires give a great look to your finish and most of the high end stuf works the same. If your looking for the great "just wax look and feel" you cant go with either. but the one thing that set one over the other was the protection of zaino. i've been a great fan of meguires and would recomend it and still use it on my other cars but I zaino'd my car a couple weeks ago and went to a night cruise driving, back on the highway at night and it seem to be RAINING bugs. and with the lincoln HID's there were even more tempted to die. Well i got home and didnt want to even look at the front end because I knew my sunday was shot for wiping bug guts off the front end. got up ... yep as bad as I thought it would be, got my "tools" out and start scrubing, decided to run a hose over it first just for grins and the bugs disapear. thats what sold me on zaino was the little added protection it provided over all the other.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by phreakness
From everything I read its a opinion thing. Zaino Meguires are all great wax / hand polishes. i've got about $800 in waxes polishes and the like from over the years most are crap until you break down and get the good stuff. then Zaino / Meguires give a great look to your finish and most of the high end stuf works the same. If your looking for the great "just wax look and feel" you cant go with either. but the one thing that set one over the other was the protection of zaino. i've been a great fan of meguires and would recomend it and still use it on my other cars but I zaino'd my car a couple weeks ago and went to a night cruise driving, back on the highway at night and it seem to be RAINING bugs. and with the lincoln HID's there were even more tempted to die. Well i got home and didnt want to even look at the front end because I knew my sunday was shot for wiping bug guts off the front end. got up ... yep as bad as I thought it would be, got my "tools" out and start scrubing, decided to run a hose over it first just for grins and the bugs disapear. thats what sold me on zaino was the little added protection it provided over all the other.

I cracked up laughing only 800 bucks come to my house lol. Its crasy how much we spend,

There is mention on here about the ZAINO maybe for new cars just not working on older stuff. I would agree that not all waxes and synthetic sealants like Zaino works for every car or every color or they type of climate and how your car is used.

I do use differnt waxes and also sealants on differnt cars. But yes the Zaino release the bugs easyier and last longer than others I have tried,

Maybe the best thing any of us could do is ask how the person takes care of the car. They need to apply in the sun, shade, have lots of road grime all the time, color of car, acide rain area, car never sees rain, so on.

My Zaino car is the cobra But the cobra is only a show car, and driven to shows only,

Our 00 Saleen same color as Cobra we use Eagle 1 wet look polish and wax last longer than the Maguires but we use the Maguires on our beige Buick Riv works the best. Yep there is better ones out there for scratches and more road wear, I find eagle 1 and detail spray is slicker than the others I have sprayed right next to each other give it a try. Eagle polish and wax does good job removing stains and scratches that are light and works best applied in HOT DIRECT SUN. terrible in the shade, Then use Maquires for shade or garage. SO you see I think its all depends what your needs are direct sun, shade, swirl marks etc,

I dont need to tell you guys with the shelves of tons of products, you know what I mean, This is just food for thought for the newbies

This is just my .02 worth

deb

thx hogger

Originally posted by hogger
Hey Deb, welcome aboard! As long as you take your time, you will love the Zaino....it smells good too! ;-)

Hogger

i appreciate the "welcome aboard" !!! my zaino package should be here my tuesday, wednesday at the latest........and just in time too, theres a mustang show this coming weekend so i gotta have it on by then.........we'll see how easy it is........at least it better be since IM the one that will be applying it lol:bash:

Deb

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Everybody has opinions on what to use and most recommendations are more due to opinion than facts. There are a lot of good products out there. I've used quite a few of them over the years. My favorite, and the one I will only use on my Cobra, is Zaino. Easy to order (albeit by mail order), easy to apply (contrary to what others say) and the result is outstanding. I did my first Zaino application back in early May and the finish on my car is as smooth today as it was then. :thumbsup:

Just one more opinion! :)

deb

Before Zaino & After

I had ordered the Zaino Complete Kit last Friday the 19th. I received the order Tuesday afternoon, only to discover they had forgotten to put the bottle of Z5(polish) in the box:bash: . Called them & they had the product promptly shipped to me the next day via UPS:thumbsup: .

Found the towels that Zaino had recommended (100% AMERICAN COTTON) at the local Bed Bath & Beyond store so I was ready. By the way, Zaino recommended cutting the ends off the towels saying that the manufactures used polyester in making the ends & this could scratch your car :rolleyes: . Well, after cutting the ends off of towel #2, I discovered all this did was make a big mess out of the towel, thus going on the car when using it:nonono: . Bad Bad Zaino, were you joking on this step just to see if someone was stupid enough to do it or what????:dw:

Well got started on the first wash today the 25th about 12:30, dried it then used the Clay bar & spray lubricant that came with the kit, that went really easy. Then the second wash & dry job after the Clay bar...no biggie Then came the polishing step Z5, it took a bit to dry but came off really easy. Then came the wax/flash cure accelerator additive. It's just so amazing, you don't have to overuse the products to get the results. It takes only a thin layer of the polish step & the waxing step to get WOW results:beer:

Finished the whole job at 7:40pm, 7 hours & 40 minutes after I started. Every bone in my body hurts, but I will have to admit it was well worth the time spent.....:D The paint just looks so deeeeeeep and shiny and that's just with the garage lights, I can't wait to see what she looks like in the sun:-D

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I know they dont recomend polyester but the microfine towels I get from Walmart have 70%polyester and 30%polymide. Man I Love these towels for Zaino steps. They are smaller easy to handle, I use about 1 per panel and always use the last rag for the edge of panels by wheels.

To me it worked better than the bath towels with the edges cut off also (big mess) I had bought about 70 dollars in high dollar egyption cotton towels

The Walmart microfine towels don't imeadiatly absorbe the Z6 detail spray alows just enough to make sure it covers as you wipe.

This is all just my opinion and and .02 worth & what I use on our black Cobra

deb

Originally posted by Cobra10thaniv
I know they dont recomend polyester but the microfine towels I get from Walmart have 70%polyester and 30%polymide. Man I Love these towels for Zaino steps. They are smaller easy to handle, I use about 1 per panel and always use the last rag for the edge of panels by wheels.

To me it worked better than the bath towels with the edges cut off also (big mess) I had bought about 70 dollars in high dollar egyption cotton towels

The Walmart microfine towels don't imeadiatly absorbe the Z6 detail spray alows just enough to make sure it covers as you wipe.

This is all just my opinion and and .02 worth & what I use on our black Cobra

Thanks for the update on the towels......I went by what Zaino said cause "they know best" but crap I spent more on the towels for my car than I did on the towels we shower with:rollseyes

Our Cobra is Sonic Blue. I started the job in the daylight & finished in the dark with garage lights. Had to drive it up to fill it with gas & to use their lighting to see what she looked like...................Im impressed, but my back feels like hell:cryying: Oh well it was worth it:-D :-D

Deb

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Yes I know what you mean about the towels. I asked about them they just said they cant find a microfine towel they like that keeps manufacturing them the same. I have good luck now with lots of the walmart one. Just make sure you use them once throw them in a bag for washing and very little soap and now dryer sheet, Also a little tip dont dry all the way with dryer let air dry.

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
I did full Zaino, but wasn't happy with the swirl removal.

Then I switched back to 3M Imperial Glaze followed by McGuiar's #26 and still wasn't satisfied.

Then last weekend I put on another coat of Z5 and it really came out looking good. Swirls were diminished.

I'm going to put another coat of just Z5 on this weekend.

deb

ZAINO IS GREATTTTT

I did the "Zaino" treatment on my car last thursday. Washed, dried, clay bar'd, washed, dried, polished, waxed....It took me 7 and 3/4 hours to finish the whole job. But omg was it worth it:beer: The clay bar took awhile longer than I thought it would, not that my 03 had much goop on it anyway. But what was so amazing was the deeeeeep shine that it left behind. Totally amazing!!!! We entered our first contest with it this past weekend & won First Place in our "class" , got a 19 out of a possible 20 points on the paint/car finish portion of the judging.......That was after only 1 coat of polish & 1 coat of wax. When the rain stops, Im gonna add a couple more coats of each................gotta keep my baby shiny:beer:

deb

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Re: ZAINO IS GREATTTTT

Originally posted by Rick & Deb
I did the "Zaino" treatment on my car last thursday. Washed, dried, clay bar'd, washed, dried, polished, waxed....It took me 7 and 3/4 hours to finish the whole job. But omg was it worth it:beer: The clay bar took awhile longer than I thought it would, not that my 03 had much goop on it anyway. But what was so amazing was the deeeeeep shine that it left behind. Totally amazing!!!! We entered our first contest with it this past weekend & won First Place in our "class" , got a 19 out of a possible 20 points on the paint/car finish portion of the judging.......That was after only 1 coat of polish & 1 coat of wax. When the rain stops, Im gonna add a couple more coats of each................gotta keep my baby shiny:beer:

deb

Glad to see there is somone out there besides me that does the car shows. I took some heavy hits on here for showing the car.

Congrats and do you have a pic of it at the show?:thumbsup:

deb

Re: Re: ZAINO IS GREATTTTT

Originally posted by Cobra10thaniv
Glad to see there is somone out there besides me that does the car shows. I took some heavy hits on here for showing the car.

Congrats and do you have a pic of it at the show?:thumbsup:

Heavy hits for showing the car??????? WTF not?!?!?!?!?!?! Its a beautiful car, and ya spend so much time keeping it spotless, why not show it???? Why just keep it clean just to go hotrodding around town impressing all the little girls ? Im very proud of my 1st place trophy that I won in the class I was entered, and Im doing another show this weekend;-) Screw em if they dont understand:nono:

Deb

Oh i can send u a pic, i just need an email add..

Users who are viewing this thread