zainooooo

Dem03SonicSnake

Established Member
i want to get some wax on my new car!! hearing all the good things about zaino i was wondering what i should start with so i can go ahead and order

also what are u guys using to dry your car off without worrying about scratching, i know griots garage has some good stuff

any help would be great, thanks, loving my cobra, damn rain is killing everything though!

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
I believe over my 38 years i have tried them all. I have become a Zaino convert. The night I got my Mineral Gray vert. I washed, claybar'd. washed and then put on Z2. Now have 5 coats of z2 on and use the spray gloss in between waxes. Talked my brother and 2 neighbors in to using it. A6, 740, and Yukon Denali, all look great with Zaino. Great stuff.

PS Just put it on the used Dark metallic blue explorer i bought. Color really pops.

tammy

Established Member
First off Zaino is not a wax it's a polish. Go to www.zainobros.com and prepare to be enlightened on the ways of zaino>LOL I order my stuff from ecklerds (sp) they have a web site and will beat the zainobros site price (match) and you can order over the net whereas zaino you have to be patient and fill out the form and mail your check. Although I hear they are very quick to fill your order. As for the drying go out and buy yourself some good name brand WHITE cotton bath towels to dry the car with and some same quality hand towels for washing. Take the tags off and the thick SEAM in the towels out. Wash them in LIQUID tide before they touch your car. Dry them in the dry always (nice and soft) before and after washing and polishing the car. As for the polished applications buy some of the buffing pad applicators they sell in the same section with the Zaino product. They last a good while as do all the product. I noticed you did'nt mention any tire dressing but DO splurge on the tire dressing by Zanio. That stuff stays on great! I've been on wet roads and through rain and it still looks good after they're dry again. Also you get the slinging that you do with other tire dressings it really adhere's to the tire and not the fenders when you pull off.:) Okay off you go to ZAINO :read: A word of caution DO NOT OVERUSE this product. It's a wonderful thing but don't think your not putting on enough and add just that little extra you will be rubbing all day! Use only as directed:)

Dem03SonicSnake

Established Member
what website did u order it from??? should i use z5 also?? or just the z2 for now

tammy

Established Member
I just bought like 200 worth>LOL I don't apply it I have a guy come do that stuff for me.LOL:p Anyways, I don't have the address with me for ecklerds. I know i'm not spelling it right. Go to www.acuramdx.org and in the forums looking in the detailing thread it's all over the place. If you search for woodard1 (me) you should see a thread on ecklerds there. If you have trouble i'll try to help you more in the a.m.

darkhorse

Established Member
I think this was covered in another thread; but get an Absorber cloth from any place like Pep Boys or Advanced Auto Parts. They work really well and last a long time. Get two of them, one for the high spots and one for the lower parts of the car. After you use that, wipe the car down with 100% cotton towels to remove any remaining water spots.
And Zaino is the $#!t.

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Originally posted by Dem03SonicSnake
also what are u guys using to dry your car off without worrying about scratching, i know griots garage has some good stuff
I know it may sound a little odd - but i use a leaf blower to dry the car. Make sure it has a nozel velocity of at least 200mph (the faster the better). After 5 minutes, the car is bone dry & ready for the Z6 (gloss enhancer).

With 2 Cobras to keep clean (and as anal as I am about them) - that little trick saves me a lot of time - and it works great. :D

BTW: Ira at http://www.lazaino.com sells 100% cotton towels prepped the way you need 'em for polishing the car. Not too spendy at all - well worth it IMO.

Last edited:

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Leaf blower is the best way to dry. If you live in NJ do not use Ecklers, they charge too much (about 10% above the Zaino Bros or you local Distributors price). The stuff is made in NJ. Check my sig for the Zaino Bros web site and tips and tricks Click on "Zaino Info."

Last edited:

tammy

Established Member
ecklerds has a price match garntee. They even beat the shipping cost. Be sure you ask them on the shipping because at first they were like 8bucks more but got right when i mentioned it. I'm scared of the leaf blower. What if when drying the bottom it kicks some air towards the ground and sand or dirt blows up on the car:nono: . Just me but i'm way to parinoild for the blower guys. Also you might want to invest in a california car dust (wal-mart) just to keep it nice in between your washings. I love mine but I have two black cars so it's a life saver in my book.

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Originally posted by tammy
I'm scared of the leaf blower. What if when drying the bottom it kicks some air towards the ground and sand or dirt blows up on the car:nono: . Just me but i'm way to parinoild for the blower guys.
Naw - don't be scared of it. You do this right after you wash the car, and everything qround the car is really soaked with water. It may move the water around a little - but I've had zero problems with the leaf blower kicking up anything. And I usually spray the crap off of the driveway monthly.

Also you might want to invest in a california car dust (wal-mart) just to keep it nice in between your washings. I love mine but I have two black cars so it's a life saver in my book.
Got two of them too :-D ... they are lifesavers!

NC Cobra

Established Member
BE AWARE BEFORE USING A LEAF BLOWER

I read the "blower posts" and decided it would be a great idea, especially for getting the water out of those hard to dry areas.

The problem is that the exhaust from the engine is fed back through the blower and combines with the high speed air that you are blowing on your car. This is really evident when the blower is still cold - you can actually see blue smoke coming out of the nozzle.

BLUE SMOKE=UNBURNED OIL

It doesn't seem to me that I would want blow unburned oil, even in small amounts, on to my carefully washed car. After the blower warms up good I don't see the smoke anymore but it stands to reason that there is still some oil in the exhaust.

All blowers may not be created equally, some may not handle the exhaust the same way. Of course, this is a mute point if you are using an electric blower.

Also, there may be a way to change the way the blower works so the exhaust does not go through the nozzel and on the car.

COULD THIS BE THE BEGINNING OF THE FIRST "BLOWER MOD" THREAD?

edz

Retired.
Established Member
I agree, never use a gas blower, as the unburned gas/oil get in the finish. I guess I shoud have specified an electric blower, also I use it on the inside too. Open the doors and blow the crap rite out. And no, I am not joking.

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
I thought everyone would realize that a gas leaf blower would be a really bad idea. I sould have been more clear.... sorry.

I think I'll try that blow the insides of the car next week. Thanks for the tip edz :thumbsup:

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Make sure it has a nozel velocity of at least 200mph (the faster the better).
I agree, never use a gas blower, as the unburned gas/oil get in the finish. I guess I shoud have specified an electric blower <snipped>

A 200+ mph electric blower :eek:

Good luck picking up one of those babies at Home Depot. :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread