z2.jpg

z3.jpg

z4.jpg

z5.jpg

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by 03DOHC
350Z looks better.;-)

If only I could have put together the 23k, had to settle for the cobra vert, it was more in my price range.:nonono:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
That is beautiful, I have used wax shop forever, and havent waxed the cobra yet, what zanio products did you use, I need to know. I dont want to get a real milky wax cuz its black.

Brad

Banned
Use dawn soap on the car for the first was, get it real good with the dawn. Then try the car. Put a coat of the z5 of there, let it sit for around 2 hours (only if you dont use the zfx, then it takes half the time to dry.) Polish off the z5 with a cotton rag and the results will be just as good as mine. use the z7 car wash pre extra coats, and use the z9 detailing spray between washes. Once you use z5 enough youll see most of your swirl scratches will be gone. When you're happy with the swirl scratch situation move up to z2.. Wash the car with the z7 car wash, dry it, and apply z2 just like you did with z5, the shine is amazing.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
99cobrablack:
I do Dawn wash, then claybar with Dawn wash as lubricant. Z1, then Z2 right over the hazed Z1. I usually do another Z2 coat after the next wash. On a daily driver, I do it twice a year. On a garaged weekend car, once a year is fine. Maybe a coat of Z2 after 6 months. The claybar is nice. If you haven't used it, try some. Any new car should be clayed IMO. Rail dust can leave rust spots on your paint. It happens quite a bit. It really shows up on white cars bad. The clay will take all that crap off and give you a real clean surface to start with, no matter what brand of wax you use.

Last edited:

CobraRLC

Established Member
That product sure does a great job. But using dishwashing soap I have always been told that it is a big no no.

OverToad

Established Member
It's a nono because it takes off wax, along with other contaminents.

In our case, you want to get everything off of the car before you put on the Zaino.

Check the Zaino website for information. Also, when you buy some, it explains exactly why you use Dawn. Now you only do this once, and it is a nono if your a wax user. It's just used this once to prep the car for the rest of the Zaino products.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
What is the clay bar, ive read about it but never really understood it, the local bodyman doesnt like it, but he wont say why. Ive heard it does wonders, the other kid at school has a black gt with snake badges, and even when i just give mine a good wash instead of the autmatic it shines better than his, just isnt good enough for me yet.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
It's just clay. Zaino sells it, so does Maguires and others.. You put a lot of soapy water on the panel. Then start moving the clay across the paint. You'll feel it drag on dirt and old wax. After a few passes back and forth, it will be smooth and the clay will slide freely. Move to antoher section of the panel. Keep spraying off the soap and adding more as you move to a new section. Do a panel at a time. Let the clay do the work. Don't apply much pressure. As the clay gets dirty, you just stretch it and fold it to expose a clean surface. Toss it out when you think it's too dirty. I usually have one good one for the body, then use a dirty one for wheels, bugs, whatever.. each piece will last quite a while if you keep grit out of it.

Don't drop it on the concrete or it will pick up that grit. It's perfect for older paint but good for removing rail dust on new cars too.

Brad

Banned
Sorry.. forgot to tell you about the inital coat of z1.. hehe my mistake somone picked up on it though:beer:

Last edited:

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
That Dawn is killer stuff. They used it once on the highways here. A truck spilled a whole load of liquidfied fat. It solilidified on the highway. Nothing worked to remove it all til they called P&G and had them truck out a whole load of Dawn. P&G is headquarted here in town..

Users who are viewing this thread