zinc additive

Established Member
With my 1995 R, is there any reason to use zddp or any other additive?

Thanks,

Steve

Philcsag1

Established Member
Mobil 1 15W-50

Back by popular demand, Mobil 1® 15W-50's high viscosity provides outstanding performance in high-revving, high-temperature conditions.
Mobil 1 15W-50
Mobil 1 15W-50 exceeds warranty requirements for gasoline engines where an API certified oil is specified. It meets:

* API SM/SL
* Requirements for Diesel Powered Vehicles where an API CF or API CD is recommended
* Provides extra anti-wear additive for older vehicles

Mobil 1 15W-50 is formulated with SuperSyn, an extra-high viscosity synthetic fluid, plus extra anti-wear additive to provide extra protection for severe service applications such as towing, hauling and racing. Mobil 1 15W-50 is recommended for high performance vehicles including turbocharged and supercharged engines where a thicker oil film is desired.

Mobil 1 15W-50 is also recommended for older valve train designs that may benefit from a higher level of anti-wear normally not required for newer generation vehicles. Mobil 1 15W-50 will also provide better anti-wear protection for higher valve spring tensions in certain racing engines.

For more information, see the Mobil 1 15W-50 Product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheet.

ekimv

Established Member
Anyone have a line for a place to buy in bulk? I like changing it each track session. Or maybe, do I need to is a better question?:idea:

Last edited:

Philcsag1

Established Member
Anyone have a line for a place to buy in bulk? I like changing it each track session. Or maybe, do I need to is a better question?:idea:

It cant hurt to change it after each track event.

Necessary???

Probably not.

Cheap insurance? Most definitely.

To really know, WHEN, HOW OFTEN; and most of all THE HEALTH of you engine nothing will tell it like an OIL ANALYSIS.

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

Mike,

This was a 95R question. BTW, I run 15-50 Castrol Snythetic.

What oil are you running in your 00R? I thought the mod motors used a lighter weight oil.

Tom

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
15-50 synthetic is recommended for the 00R and I have run Mobil 1 since I bought the car in August 2000. I ALWAYS change it after each track event - it is the life blood of the car and mine always looks pristine. And yes, I too get it from Wally Mart in the 5 qt size for $25. If a $45+ oil change between each track event seems pricey, consider what a major engine problem costs. I think it's money well spent.

ekimv

Established Member
I have as well, just curious if that was pretty standard.

Congrats on the finish! I had to pick up my babies so I had to scoot a little early. Glad to help, let me know if you need help anytime in the future, I have more free time when it has to with races.....

I do like yours and Bruce's wheels! I was giving Bruce a little crap, the True forged has two pretty hot looking wheels. That was more of the question, are CCW's safer than other brands or does pretty much any wheel work?:??:

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
I do like yours and Bruce's wheels! I was giving Bruce a little crap, the True forged has two pretty hot looking wheels.

Giving Bruce crap???? My bad for not realizing that..... by all means please keep doing so! It's good for him, right?

:beer:

ekimv

Established Member
15-50 synthetic is recommended for the 00R and I have run Mobil 1 since I bought the car in August 2000. I ALWAYS change it after each track event - it is the life blood of the car and mine always looks pristine. And yes, I too get it from Wally Mart in the 5 qt size for $25. If a $45+ oil change between each track event seems pricey, consider what a major engine problem costs. I think it's money well spent.

I run the K&N oil filter, should I change that as well?

Users who are viewing this thread