ZL1 1LE Laguna seca

blk02edge

Established Member
The highest temperature in B.C. was 112 WAY back in 1941 so no. That was in Lillooet, the average high in July is 82.9. The average temperature in Oliver B.C in the hottest month of the year is 85.6. You are full of shit.
lol... no, but thanks anyway captain wikipedia

blk02edge

Established Member
You're welcome Mr. Misinformation.

FYI, it has never reached 115 in Oliver since they started recording temperatures. Never.
Not like I've actually lived here for years or anything.. That's cool though. They record by the lakes/ airport and the difference is always about 4-5 degrees where the actual deserts are. The south okanagan is a strange TINY spit of Canada that mostly goes unknown about. But thats cool, go off wiki.

On another note my buddy just told me he has a zl1 1le on order so I'll get to try it myself on area 27 whenever it shows up. Still hoping to see a 350R come this year but slim chance of a pro driver

Never_Enough

Established Member
"At the Jacques Villeneuve–designed Area 27 in British Columbia, we ran 40-plus laps of the 3.0-mile circuit. It was the brakes—the iron-rotor units carry over from the regular ZL1 except for the ABS calibration—rather than spent tires that prevented us from turning more than five hot laps at a time; the pedal gets a little long on the fifth lap."

Car and Driver:

It is a fast lap no doubt! However fans were saying this is faster than the corvette all of them. Yet it matches the time of the c6z. And between the two I choose the c6z everyday.
Having owned a C6Z, I'll take a 6th Gen ZL1 over another C6.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Not like I've actually lived here for years or anything.. That's cool though. They record by the lakes/ airport and the difference is always about 4-5 degrees where the actual deserts are. The south okanagan is a strange TINY spit of Canada that mostly goes unknown about. But thats cool, go off wiki.

On another note my buddy just told me he has a zl1 1le on order so I'll get to try it myself on area 27 whenever it shows up. Still hoping to see a 350R come this year but slim chance of a pro driver

I'd believe that. The weather station out here regularly reports lower temps than what thermostats in town say.

Blown 89

Established Member
OK, I'll play this game. There are 56 weather stations in and around just the southern tip of Okanagan lake (just the tip) and more spread all over the surrounding areas. I can't give you an exact count for the Okanagan region because there are so many weather stations dotted around the map that I can't actually read the map.

Your race track, Area 27 I believe, is 4.6km from the nearest weather station. For those of us on our screwed up measurement system that's less than 3 miles. If that's not the track you had in mind let me know which one you have in mind and I'll provide you with walking directions to the nearest weather station.

So let's recap;
Canada isn't hot and they don't record by lakes and airports exclusively.

Google is a bitch aint it? ;)

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Weren't there some guy even going as far as saying this car would be nipping at the current ACR's heels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blk02edge

Established Member
OK, I'll play this game. There are 56 weather stations in and around just the southern tip of Okanagan lake (just the tip) and more spread all over the surrounding areas. I can't give you an exact count for the Okanagan region because there are so many weather stations dotted around the map that I can't actually read the map.

Your race track, Area 27 I believe, is 4.6km from the nearest weather station. For those of us on our screwed up measurement system that's less than 3 miles. If that's not the track you had in mind let me know which one you have in mind and I'll provide you with walking directions to the nearest weather station.

So let's recap;
Canada isn't hot and they don't record by lakes and airports exclusively.

Google is a bitch aint it? ;)
Haha ok man. I don't understand why this is so important to you but sorry to say, you are wrong. I've seen it first hand many times for many years but if you want to call me a liar it doesn't matter much to me. Point being when those camaros were running it was probably around 100deg. Not some cold Canadian climate that makes it a joke that the brakes had issues. It's a HOT desert track and the back straight goes downhill from 130+mph into hard braking. No cars have an easy time on brakes here

blk02edge

Established Member
Weren't there some guy even going as far as saying this car would be nipping at the current ACR's heels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unofficially it was actually pretty close on my local track (A27), different day different drivers though both are pro.

Blown 89

Established Member
Haha ok man. I don't understand why this is so important to you but sorry to say, you are wrong. I've seen it first hand many times for many years but if you want to call me a liar it doesn't matter much to me. Point being when those camaros were running it was probably around 100deg. Not some cold Canadian climate that makes it a joke that the brakes had issues. It's a HOT desert track and the back straight goes downhill from 130+mph into hard braking. No cars have an easy time on brakes here
To think, I've been getting the wrong weather readings from sophisticated equipment all these years. Who knew the feeling you get when the breeze blows across your taint was more accurate :rolleyes:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
To think, I've been getting the wrong weather readings from sophisticated equipment all these years. Who knew the feeling you get when the breeze blows across your taint was more accurate :rolleyes:

I have no dog in this fight, but you seem really hellbent on temperatures in Canada lol.

Never knew it could get that hot in Canada.

Blown 89

Established Member
I have no dog in this fight, but you seem really hellbent on temperatures in Canada lol.

I would could have let it go after the first volley but when they double down on something so ridiculous it's too much fun to toss them a shovel and watch them dig.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Let's see the details behind that claim. A full blown Le Mans GT race car can't even run within 3% of their best time every lap over the course of 24hrs. What makes you believe a street car could do it?

Was their best time really a best time. Or was it some time they could run consistently without pushing too hard? The devil's in the the details.

Apply that same 1.81 sec to the Camaro and you can make the same argument. Any way you slice it, the car is in elite company.

I would like to hear some details as well. 3% of loss at would be approximately 4.xx seconds with the 1.36.11 track time at laguna seca.

Besides times for laps into pits and out of pits this seems like it could happen. Lose 2/3/4 secs based on tire wear then change them out. They changed both tires and brakes during this test for obvious safety reasons.

blk02edge

Established Member

only in one tiny sliver does it get that hot. Its the most northern tip of the Senora desert. Glad there's some weather experts here that can read wikipedia and tell me more about the place I live lol

Users who are viewing this thread