ZL1 Run In

El_Joker

Established Member
I was on my way home from work when I saw a black Camaro lingering a ways behind me but slowly catching up. The hood looked raised and something told me it was something more than the regular V6's I see all the time. They started to close the distance and finally got up beside me. I was actually in the mood to have a little freeway sprint but they weren't giving any indicator that they wanted to go so I let them be.

They finally were in front of me, about 1.5-2 cars, when I saw the ZL1 badge. I really wanted to go since I haven't been able to run one, but before I could downshift they hammered it. We were going about 65, I should have went for 3rd but went to 4th. I was able to stop their pull and started to pull them in quick. I ended running out 4th to about 130 or so and called it quits.

I was happy at that point. We were nearing an area where UC Mustangs tend to hide and I definitely didn't feel like going to jail for a max speed run. I was hoping for a chance at a side-by-side roll but they just kept in it. So not a true "kill," but I was able to play with a ZL1 and was not impressed with what I saw.

My car doesn't have a Boss intake, but it does have a Roush TVS (82mm), Kooks LT, and a catback. So I think I did well for a 5.0.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Ya see where you messed up was when you stated that you didn't have an Boss intake. Now all your bro's will come tell you to get a Boss intake with a CJ intake mounted in the backseat ready to use just in case a Bugatti pulls up next to you :banana: :coolman: :banana: ;-)

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
I was on my way home from work when I saw a black Camaro lingering a ways behind me but slowly catching up. The hood looked raised and something told me it was something more than the regular V6's I see all the time. They started to close the distance and finally got up beside me. I was actually in the mood to have a little freeway sprint but they weren't giving any indicator that they wanted to go so I let them be.

They finally were in front of me, about 1.5-2 cars, when I saw the ZL1 badge. I really wanted to go since I haven't been able to run one, but before I could downshift they hammered it. We were going about 65, I should have went for 3rd but went to 4th. I was able to stop their pull and started to pull them in quick. I ended running out 4th to about 130 or so and called it quits.

I was happy at that point. We were nearing an area where UC Mustangs tend to hide and I definitely didn't feel like going to jail for a max speed run. I was hoping for a chance at a side-by-side roll but they just kept in it. So not a true "kill," but I was able to play with a ZL1 and was not impressed with what I saw.

My car doesn't have a Boss intake, but it does have a Roush TVS (82mm), Kooks LT, and a catback. So I think I did well for a 5.0.

i'm not sure about 5bros but a Cobro must forfeit their car upon loosing to a ZL1.

since it wasn't an actual race, i think you're good.

what kind of numbers you putting down?

El_Joker

Established Member
what kind of numbers you putting down?
Never been on a dyno; running a "package" tune. The shop that did the work/tune had a "test" car that was very similar to mine and they said it was 575 RW. The shop has a dyno day this fall so I hope to get real numbers then.

dead man walkin

Established Member
No one is impressed with the zl1. But you should have caught up to him. Most likely his steering was out and he couldn't turn or stop and he was asking you for help!! Unless it was one 80 degrees outside, then it would heat soak so bad in a few miles it would have stopped itbself

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Never been on a dyno; running a "package" tune. The shop that did the work/tune had a "test" car that was very similar to mine and they said it was 575 RW. The shop has a dyno day this fall so I hope to get real numbers then.

yeah, you'll eat ZL1's for lunch!

SBTerminator

Established Member
I have a 2013 ZL1 Convertable at work I drove a few times. Sounds good, but that's all it's got going for itself. Feels about as heavy as the Titanic at the bottom of the ocean!

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Ya see where you messed up was when you stated that you didn't have an Boss intake. Now all your bro's will come tell you to get a Boss intake with a CJ intake mounted in the backseat ready to use just in case a Bugatti pulls up next to you :banana: :coolman: :banana: ;-)

Boss intake comments are an infraction!

#totalitarianism

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Boss intake comments are an infraction!

#totalitarianism
well there's a clause that says "if a CJ intake is mentioned in the same sentence as the BOSS IM then the infraction is invalid".

pg. 236 ch. 3 paragraph 7!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread