zl1 vs 14 gt100

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Why the **** are most of you whining? Because the GT500 lost? There were a lot of people interested in seeing these two cars square off, myself included. Thanks for the video OP.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
No problem with the video and i know looks are subjective but the ZL1 has to be one of the ugliest cars on the planet.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I don't mind him posting videos of mustangs losing.

Plus I know it can be hard to get the angle of the camera correct when you don't know what the outcome of the video will be.

More practice will help this.

Stang Lover

Established Member
The race a lot of people have been waiting to see! Outcome was as expected.

I see no problem with the videos he post it's not like he's being a dousche about it. It wouldn't of been no different if I or another member that owns a mustang posted it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
meh. He contributes... Ford fan boi's just don't happen to LIKE what he contributes.

Ive enjoyed plenty of his vids.

New zl1 is the real deal. Not sure if I could get over the awful cockpit on the new Camaros but there is NO doubting their brute performance.

GFY GM.

cam346

Established Member
thanks guys just want to show the run. i like to see a better run between the two.the gt500 at 662 is just a tune and pulley from 800hp.i like to see the new whipper 2.9 on the zl1 instead of the tiny 1.7.this don't prove the zl1 faster than the gt500 it just one race. the old zl1 was history after the 2 shift vs gt500.

C0bra99

Established Member
Like I said earlier these races aren't a good example and anyone hanging thier hat on it would be idiotic.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The races are a good example that it is anyone's game. The driver will make all the difference.

LightningLou

Established Member
Who cares if the new zl1 is fast... I can't find one appealing angle on the exterior. Plus, no one will even remember what a zl1 is once the new gt500 arrives. Yes, I'm a Ford fan boi on a FORD forum. Who would have thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
130601597698.jpg

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
So many fan boys here. Most will claim to be car guys, but, when a car they drive or like loses a race, the fan boy-ism comes out as well as the butt hurt.

On the other side of the coin, comparing blower size is a ricer move. The ZL1 has the cubes on the GT500, so, it's fair game.

I personally think the ZL1 looks great and has always been a contender, especially now. If you cannot appreciate cars, rather than just one brand of them, you're not a car guy.

Bye felicia.

LightningLou

Established Member
Sarcasm > Zyborg. Thanks for taking time to post cool pics for me though lmao

I can appreciate fast cars that aren't Fords, but not when they look like an obese prelude... Hell, I have a 500+ awhp Audi S4 I love which isn't a Ford. To me, the Camaro died after the F-Body. Have a nice day!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sarcasm > Zyborg. Thanks for taking time to post cool pics for me though lmao

I can appreciate fast cars that aren't Fords, but not when they look like an obese prelude... Hell, I have a 500+ awhp Audi S4 I love which isn't a Ford. To me, the Camaro died after the F-Body. Have a nice day!

Glad I was able to assist in bringing joy to your simple mind.

cam346

Established Member
So many fan boys here. Most will claim to be car guys, but, when a car they drive or like loses a race, the fan boy-ism comes out as well as the butt hurt.

On the other side of the coin, comparing blower size is a ricer move. The ZL1 has the cubes on the GT500, so, it's fair game.

I personally think the ZL1 looks great and has always been a contender, especially now. If you cannot appreciate cars, rather than just one brand of them, you're not a car guy.

Bye felicia.
so it's a ricer move comparing blower size, but comparing cubes size ok.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
so it's a ricer move comparing blower size, but comparing cubes size ok.

No.

You argued that the GT500 should be faster because it has a much bigger blower compared to the ZL1's "Super tiny 1.7L". You forget, the ZL1 has a much bigger engine compared to the Shelby. It is fair game.

Bigger engine + smaller blower vs. Smaller Engine + bigger blower.

cam346

Established Member
:Dwell having a bigger engine don't mean it faster. it all good.i just wish chevy put a bigger blower on it. the hellcat has the same size motor with a 2.4 blower and look how it run.

Whippled3v

Established Member
Soooo manual vs manual, the 13-14 gt500 can hang/beat the new zl1...can only imagine how badly the s550 gt500 will violate it lol.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
:Dwell having a bigger engine don't mean it faster. it all good.i just wish chevy put a bigger blower on it. the hellcat has the same size motor with a 2.4 blower and look how it run.

The Dodge also runs 9.5:1, while the ZL1 is at 11:1 compression. Having a bigger blower doesn't mean faster either. It may not be able to handle much more boost, so they sized the supercharger to be at a certain power level and in its efficiency range. A lot more goes into power than the ricer math that keeps getting thrown around.

Users who are viewing this thread