zl1 vs gt500 dyno same day.

Coiled03

Established Member
The dyno numbers say it's a total beatdown. More curious to see what happens on a road course, though.

jleews6

Established Member
GM needs to step it up because the Shelby is an awesome package. I'm not surprised at all though because the Shelby has 5 more pounds of boost so it's to be expected.
I cant understand how GM knew that Ford was going to step up the Shelby and they come out with the ZL1 that has a small blower and 9 pounds.:shrug:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
It wont stand a chance in a road course either. Maybe for a lap at best since people have been mentioning how that small blower is heat soaking after a couple of passes. Not even sure an auto will have a chance either

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
595 rwhp? Damn that would only be only a 9% DT loss from 650 crank HP.

Likely Ford underrated the 650 and likely closer to 700 crank HP on the GT500.

cam346

Established Member
GM needs to step it up because the Shelby is an awesome package. I'm not surprised at all though because the Shelby has 5 more pounds of boost so it's to be expected.
I cant understand how GM knew that Ford was going to step up the Shelby and they come out with the ZL1 that has a small blower and 9 pounds.:shrug:

because the ZL1 was intended to beat the current GT500 , and GM was not aware that internally Ford was working on the current GT500 due it being encroached by the Boss 302 in many ways. The ZL1 does beat the 2011 and 2012 cars in many ways but it comes up quite short as far as power is concerned to the 2013 GT500. GM does have the LS9 engine available with 638 hp but with the Camaro weighing more it will most likely not be any faster although the ZL1 may be quicker with an LS9. and that the truth of the matter. thank god for aftermarket.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
I don't understand why Chevy puts all that plastic shit on top of the motor to cover everything up. First thing I would is yank all that crap off. Talk about a heat trapper.

Supernova

Established Member
Gotta love the comments on YouTube! One hater claimed that the GT500 didn't come with a limited slip diff as standard equipment...

Blue Blitz

Established Member
New GT500 is a bad bitch for sure. Very excited to see these cars running around. Definitely the best option for the market.

I did like poking fun at friends of mine in ZL1's at the latest cars and coffee. I like the ZL1 looks more, but performance goes to GT500 no doubt.

5.4ever

Crawling before Walking
Established Member
GG Tax is already included in the 55k base price...

Can't wait for the next obvious step for these two cars... the track...:pop:

:nono:

Not True... GG tax on all cars is a tax on the manufacturer not the buyer. It's on the sticker and included in the base price.

What sucks for the buyer is when he pays state sales tax he is essentially paying a tax on a tax for the GG part.

Take a walk through a Mercedes dealership and the GG taxes will blow you away.

:nonono:
could be right, I was going by what camaro guys were complaining about and saying....tax on a tax does suck ass.....mercedes, seriously??

yeap no problem asking, sticker. No markup, no fees, no hassle...and thats in south florida, tough market. Most dealers here are marking up anywhere from 5 to 20K over....:xpl:

The GG tax IS included in the price but it is NOT included in the 54,995 base price the ZL1 costs... when you buy the ZL1 or any car with the GG tax, you pay the base + the tax... so the ZL1 will cost 54,995+1,200 for the manual and 54,995+2,400 for the auto...

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Both good looking cars! Funny how all you Ford guys are now talking sh*t. I remember when people on this forum were saying the Boss will out perform the ZL1, but when it failed badly these same people said it wasn't a fair comparison. LOL, before trying to flame me check my posts because you'll see I'm not a brand loyalist and that I also like Fords. Just to stir the pot.... ZR1 > '13 GT500. That is all.... Haha!

Users who are viewing this thread