Zr1 vs me

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
:bs::bs::bs:

^This thread is full of it, what track did you run at?

I don't see why it's unbelievable. I've seen a vid of a ZR1 pulling a 13.x @ 12x mph. Too many variables to call BS. Now, how the OP presented his post...well, see my original response.

jeffs

Established Member
The Zr1 driver needs to go to driving school. 12.55 is terrible. I am suspicious about the validity of the story however because of the 120 mph trap speed. That is just way too low.
Please try harder to use somewhat proper english next time as this post was just a grammar shitshow.

I can't vallidate this one bit, but I've seen a KB 2.2 @19 psi run a 12.8@110, horrible driver, he beat me when I was bone stock with my 13.2 @ 108. He literally took forever to shift, and only trapped 110? It was obvious, however that his car made killer power during a pull in the upper gears.

Just saying that the KB guy couldn't have mustered a better track time or mph compared to the ZR1 guy in this story.

And to the op, I can understand what you're saying, us car guys shouldn't need perfect grammar and spelling, "piss on it".

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
maybe the car wasn't broken in..but i gotta say ur a cocky son of a bitch, talking shit and calling them a bitch... hey dude reality check "RACING DOESNT BRING YOUR HOME INCOME IN" no need to take shit sooo ****ing FAST AND FURIOUS!... wow bro u must live your life 1/4 mile at a time huh? Do you have a my size vin diesal poster in your room??. STEP AWAY FROM A CAR for a minute christ sakes, theres other things to do then masturbate in the driver seat of your car about beating factory cars...oh well... too bad ur driving home in a 20k mustang and hes driving home in a fresh 150k zr1 that would put your SUPER CAR to shame in so many ways than how it goes down the 1320... Ur full of fail

PS: your story is full of bullshit also... obviously this happened but at more calm level, you just want to be mr. E-THUG "im so tuff in my cobra and went and chilled with my GANG...that im a leader of.." and added more the story than what was said.

COOL STORY BRAH!

Last edited:

Catfood

Established Member
If it was a new ZR-1 then the driver has no excuse because they have launch control where you just put your foot to the floor and shift when it redlines.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
If it was a new ZR-1 then the driver has no excuse because they have launch control where you just put your foot to the floor and shift when it redlines.

lMAO...:lol:
Trust me , it dosent make that big of a difference....He still has to shift...

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Actually Evil 03 is a pretty good guy, and he was straight up with me on a recent purchase transaction so all grammar aside I would call this story legit. On a side note I had a 600hp Z at one time and managed to run a pathetic and embarassing 9.x 1/8(I couldnt/cant drive for sh*t) so anything is possible.

exdeath

Established Member
Only way this story could have been better is if the ZR1 still had temp paper plates. 10 times out of 10 someone with a new stock car talking shit just picked it up from the dealer and has about 15 stock Civic and Corolla kills under his belt already.

Last edited:

bmxer89

Established Member
Nice, kill. Some people really do suck at drving, I seen a c6 z06 at my track doing high 12's.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Only way this story could have been better is if the ZR1 still had temp paper plates. 10 times out of 10 someone with a new stock car talking shit just picked it up from the dealer and has about 15 stock Civic and Corolla kills under his belt already.

Gimme a break dude....why would anyone race a corolla or civic..?
What a joke and waste of gas...

Mizzell5000

65 Mustang Master
Established Member

For an easy win of course.. ive done the same thing but they were not stock.. there was so much under the hood i could hardly see the valve covers.. i have to agree its a big waste of gas

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
*facepalm* I just said earlier I was THERE THAT DAY! It was 100% true. The guy couldnt get a good run in the whole day it seemed. Dont know why for sure, looked like he couldnt shift very well. I was deffinately disapointed though, was expecting to see a rocket and got a sparkler.

If I remember right the guy was doing like 13s and 12s. Still a sick car.

exdeath

Established Member

I don't know, you tell me why everyone that doens't know anything about cars and drives off the lot with a new car with temp tags feels like racing anything that moves in the first month until someone shows him his car isn't fast.

:shrug:

Read my post again. I just said the guy with the ZR1 sounds like the typical ignorant douchebag who doens't know a thing about the car he just bought, and is out with temp tags still racing everything that moves on the way home, and is overconfident and talking shit because all hes run into are stock Civics and Corollas that he "beat". Usually it's a young kid with a nothing special car that is just slightly faster than most other nothing special cars, but in this case it was a old man with too much money and a car he can't handle.

I've had guys in Titan trucks thinking they could take the Cobra, and it wasn't clear to me what their problem was until I saw the paper temp tags with the ink still wet.

Last edited:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
I don't know, you tell me why everyone that doens't know anything about cars and drives off the lot with a new car with temp tags feels like racing anything that moves in the first month until someone shows him his car isn't fast.

:shrug:

Read my post again. I just said the guy with the ZR1 sounds like the typical ignorant douchebag who doens't know a thing about the car he just bought, and is out with temp tags still racing everything that moves on the way home, and is overconfident and talking shit because all hes run into are stock Civics and Corollas that he "beat". Usually it's a young kid with a nothing special car that is just slightly faster than most other nothing special cars, but in this case it was a old man with too much money and a car he can't handle.

I've had guys in Titan trucks thinking they could take the Cobra, and it wasn't clear to me what their problem was until I saw the paper temp tags with the ink still wet.

Cool

Zan186

Established Member
ZR1 Vette's running stock tires are going to struggle to get traction. Having Slicks vs a guy with stock tires is truly an unfair advantage.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Good kill but do not underestimate them. Here are a few stock and DR runs with skilled drivers.

New Record Times for Stock ZR1 - Corvette Forum

Just give Ranger more seat time in the ZR1.

Just watch out with that Vette community when they say "stock". Turns out "stock" to them means no engine modifications. They only mean showroom stock if they say "bone stock". I found that out recently after getting into a big argument with someone about some outrageous numbers he was throwing at us. Turns out his "stock" meant drag radials and some bolt-ons. I guess it's a totally accepted thing with those guys.

ZR1 Vette's running stock tires are going to struggle to get traction. Having Slicks vs a guy with stock tires is truly an unfair advantage.

There's nothing unfair about two guys showing up with their cars and running them. Now it would be unfair if one guy said he was going to run on street tires and he showed up with slicks, but that's not what happened. One guy called the other one out to race the cars as they sat, both agreed, they raced, someone won and someone lost. That's how it goes. Nothing unfair about running what you brung when you can clearly walk behind the car and go, "Oh look, SLICKS."

Last edited:

Mizzell5000

65 Mustang Master
Established Member
There's nothing unfair about two guys showing up with their cars and running them. Now it would be unfair if one guy said he was going to run on street tires and he showed up with slicks, but that's not what happened. One guy called the other one out to race the cars as they sat, both agreed, they raced, someone won and someone lost. That's how it goes. Nothing unfair about running what you brung when you can clearly walk behind the car and go, "Oh look, SLICKS."

+1 :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread