DIB GT500 Build

P1Shelby

Established Member
Well, it took around 4 weeks to get used to the new car and it has been a blast. I have to say that I am beyond happy with the quality and construction of the 2013 GT500. So, let the mods begin! We are going to tear it down once all the parts arrive and have it back out after a weekend of wrenching/tuning. The car is going to get a baseline dyno run so we know what we started with. I have to start by thanking the crew at Evolution Performance for all of their technical expertise on parts that I ordered as well as the guys at P1 Motorcars for all of their time and expertise as well as doing the install. We are starting with a 2013 DIB GT500 that has all options except the glass roof. The initial mod list includes:

-3.6L Liquid Cooled Kenne Bell/Evolution Performance Mammoth kit w/ 3.5" pulley to start
-Dual 75mm and Mono 168mm throttle bodies (going to see whats better for the street)
-JLT Super Big Carbon Fiber Intake
-Evolution Performance Black Anodized Billet Fuel Rail kit
-NGK TR-6 Plugs
-SCT X3 Tuner
-2" American Racing Headers into 3.5" Collectors w/ off road x-pipe
-FRPP Lowering Springs
-BMR Billet LCA's w/ adj BMR upper arm
-BMC Black Mamba hood
-315 Nitto DR's on factory widened PP wheels
-Lund Racing street tune (93) and track tune (C16)

I will post pics as parts start arriving and will upload the baseline dyno chart once available. This forum has been an amazingly helpful source of knowledge for me and I hope to help contribute back into the community...

Dave

4D4DA3AB-9C6B-4FDC-82A4-20CB26D42207-3244-000001E8B4C86CC1.jpg

Last edited:

cclark

Established Member
Hell yeah man!! She looks amazing!!! Are you going to get forged pistons and rods thrown in there as well? I know it's not a simple mod but would definitely be worth it in the long run with the 3.6 and whatnot. Keep us updated and posted man, absolutely awesome!

P1Shelby

Established Member
Thanks for all of the positive comments and support guys. A clutch is waiting at the shop as well just incase but we want to see what we can pull on the stock unit before replacing it... Will keep you all updated with pics and progress over the next 2 weeks as things move along. :pop:

Dave

P1Shelby

Established Member
The guys at P1 Motorcar's are strapping the car down on the rollers at 9AM tomorrow for the baseline graphs. Pulls are going to be made on the Dynojet. Looking forward to getting this underway! The 3.6L KB Mammoth showed up today as well so I will try to take some pics of that and post them up for everyone...

CClark, the internals/rotating assembly are going to be done by L&M this winter. I didnt want to take the car off the road for this process in the summer... I want to get some miles on the current build and have some fun first.

Really looking forward to all the other parts arriving...

Dave

Myfast70

Established Member
It's my twin (minus the mods of course)! Should make for an awesome build. Can't wait to see it with the hood on and everything finished up.

Have you considered going with E85? BirdDoc has put down some awesome numbers with his on it.

Good luck with the build!

Last edited:

P1Shelby

Established Member
Ordered a few more parts from the crew at Evolution Performance this afternoon... They can't get any more professional or timely and have made this process a pleasure. Will update the parts list tomorrow... As for now, here is a picture of this massive chunk of aluminum!

Dave

57097FCE-AC13-4ECD-8A5E-0DA496E7BF45-4299-0000029262F3927B.jpg

Myfast70

Established Member
Forgot to ask, what do you have to do to get that beast to fit under the hood? Are you lowering the k frame or is just the hood enough?

P1Shelby

Established Member
Myfast70, the hood is all you need to clear the 3.6 or even the 4.2... anything with clearance of the Super Snake or more is all it takes... Messing with the geometry of the motor mounts is not worth it at all... not for a street car anyways.

P1Shelby

Established Member
UPDATE

So the guys from P1 Motorcars strapped the car down this morning on a Dynojet and made some pulls... The first thing to note was that the car was incredibly consistent, the second thing to note was that the car was COMPLETELY heat soaked after 30 minutes in rush hour traffic. Now, for those of you that are going to get upset about not letting the car cool down, I actually prefer not doing that because I am more concerned about the power on tap while driving around as it is a street car. We most certainly could have pulled slightly higher #'s had we let the car sit and cool down for an hour or two.

So, after 3 pulls with about 10-15 minutes between each pull the car consistently made 588rwhp and 585rwtq (+/- 2-3).

I will have video and the 3 graphs posted up by the end of the day if all goes well...

Dave

25694366-3FB0-4E2F-8B4E-DC0D45BA5970-4746-000002C59554D2F5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread