DIB GT500 Build

P1Shelby

Established Member
Hello All,

I am happy to say that I'm back. Its been one hell of a year, well over a year really. Between traveling oversea for work a lot, getting a divorce, moving twice, taking on another car project, and trying to focus on being a solid Dad I have to be honest, the car and project have sat in a garage for over a year now.

With all of that being said, I am happy to say its back out of the garage and under the knife. A pretty big knife. My goal was to have a mean street car that would keep a smile on my face and while I didn't get to wrap up the final numbers and all that good stuff prior I will make sure I do this time through. The car was not sold on e-bay, it was not blown up, the list of things that supposedly happened go on and on. Here is what I can tell you. The motor was pulled recently, sent to the crew at L&M Race Engines for a complete build, Lund Racing will be tuning it again, and P1 Motorcar's will be doing the assembly and tune/dyno work with Lund. I will get the complete list of parts, not a single step was skipped. The motor is going back in the car this week, clutch/fuel system/injectors/etc are all coming in this week if all goes well... The car will remain a fun street car running on 93 with ID1300's and there might be some E85 down the road. The KB 3.6 will also remain for now...

Again, apologies for leaving everyone hanging... There have been some impressive GT500 builds and records set over the last year and I am really looking forward to getting back in the seat and cruising around.

-Dave

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Good to hear you still have the car, sorry about your divorce, can't wait to see it all finished.

P1Shelby

Established Member
There has been some tremendous progress from the crew at P1 Motorcar's over the past week! The fully built L&M motor is back in the car and almost done. Here is a quick video of the first start up. Its NOT tuned yet as we are waiting on a couple last odds and ends but man is it close! I cant wait to get back in the car and go for a ride with all the new mods...

th_627E23C7-99AA-4653-B8A3-5F04562A4B76.jpg

Happy Holiday's SVT!!

Users who are viewing this thread