looking for opinions about a new and bigger supercharger or turbo

what setup would you run and why

• Total voters

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
ok so i sold the 2.3L whipple and im really wanting to get a bigger charger or turbo. i cant seem to make my mind up. so ill list my goals

700-750 + rwhp

good street driving manors

cost

running 93 or possibly some e85 (there is only 1 gas station in my area that has e85)

not a race car not wanting to cage the car even though it needs one now, do not want to change hood either. so the 3.4L whipple is out

so ive thought about either the 2.9L whipple the 2.8L LC kb or even the hellion turbo kit.

i have about $6000 to spend.

let the debat begin.

mineral154

whatever
Established Member
ha ha first vote turbo leads 100% but it is up to you do you want instant adjustability or have to change pullies and i am sure 750+ would be no biggy

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
i did forget to mention that i have the other supporting mods already.

fore hat with twin gt pumps

i have 63 lbs injectors but ill be going with 80's or 96's

26 spline input shaft

spec stage 3+ clutch and billet steel flywheel

fore fuel rails and -8 line from hat to rails

cobracide

Established Member
what setup would you run and why
x 2.9L whipple

Price to performance really this can't be beat currently. As stated it fits your goals the best too.

Second choice of those would be the LC.

Last edited:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
E85 + ported Eaton + compound boost Hellion = COMPLETE AND TOTAL WIN with easily adjustable boost and great low end torque.:beer:

i never hear anything good about compound boost because of the extreme amout of tuning involved.

also i do not think this will fit my budget of $6,000.

i could be wrong but ive asked tuners and they kinda give you that look like yes it can be done but there is so much involved is it really worth it.... know what i mean.

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
700-750 rwhp? u could have done that with the 2.3 and kept all your money :shrug:. There is a few people doing that combo, including me

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
700-750 rwhp? u could have done that with the 2.3 and kept all your money :shrug:. There is a few people doing that combo, including me

well i need to clarify a little. i want 700-750 to be a starting point and be able to grow. with your combo you maxed out pretty much. i want to be able to add more boost or whatever i make more.

i really think the turbos would be my best route but also the most expensive.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
In addition to a massive supercharger will yield 700+

There is only 1 gas station within 60 miles of me that has e85. I already have nitrous. But I'm not so keen on it.

I really fell in love with the hellion twin turbo kit. I may just have to have the car down for 8-12 months to afford this project.

Users who are viewing this thread