looking for opinions about a new and bigger supercharger or turbo

what setup would you run and why

• Total voters

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
This has gone from a small upgrade to an all out deal it seems like. So what are your real plans or do you not even know yet?

well im like ive got the motor out, so ive got the stuff to upgrade the fuel system and the transmission, i wanted to have a built 4.6L and stroke it. do i have all the cash to do it.... no but i will in 6-8 months. so i could charge about 4-5k on the credit card and then pay it off with 2.9% interest. kinda a hard decision yet an easy one because i do not like to do things twice.

i just want a lot of power and a fun car. hell you cant take it with you so i mind as well enjoy it.

2.8lc mammoth best blower hands down numbers in sig

well i think its a good blower, however making 750 rwhp with meth is like a shot of nitrous (just my opinion).

what did it make off the meth?

not knocking you by any means anything over 700rwhp is good.

whitedevil0321

Established Member
well i think its a good blower, however making 750 rwhp with meth is like a shot of nitrous (just my opinion).

what did it make off the meth?

not knocking you by any means anything over 700rwhp is good.[/QUOTE]

how is meth anything like nitrous?? you should read up more about it. albert (evil_03) runs meth in his car and so do I so he does it so he can run that amount of boost safely on pump gas.. nitrous is stickly a power adder Water/Methanol Injection provides "Chemical Intercooling" inside the cylinder. By injecting water and methanol in a finely atomized spray, the water is able to evaporate under the high temps of a firing cylinder, and when the water evaporates, it takes heat with it. The methanol also has a cooling and octane boosting effect as it burns. what that means is more boost and timing safely without adding high octane fuel. it also increases knock resistance because it acts like an octane booster.. albert made 720 to the wheels without meth.. so it only picked up 30 whp off it but with the meth kit now along with dual nozzle upgrade and safe injection box he can monitor his car safely via two led lights inside his car green goes on all through WOT when kit is working properly and red/amber if not running properly or tank is low allowing him to get outta WOT

TRBO VNM

read below

ok first off your an idiot for your last comment because ive down multiple turbo kits and never liked the designs where the turbo is in the bumper the single turbo kit for the cobra is a good one because the turbo is up by the motor.. the kits they make ie twin turbo , gt500 kits, and the new 5.0 kit where the turbos are in the bumper are a bad design .. first off any front end damage 99% of the time is gonna be really bad but thats not why.. here is my reason and it is they use scavenge pumps to run the oil from the turbo to the top of the valve covers so imagine a stock oil pan that holds enough oil to feed the motor then addidng a turbo to it that where the oil line goes from down in the bumper of the turbo the whole way up to the valve cover what do you think all that distance the oil has to travel is doing to your motor. yes STARVING it of oil.. which in the end results in catasrophic failure im just sayin 9 out of 10 people that run turbo kits on this website or anywhere else have built motors or run a turbo kit that is mounted up by the engine for better oil flow .. thats my $.02

You are calling him an idiot, but yet you consider hellion kits "fail" or "stupid" because of what you posted above? wow

how is meth anything like nitrous?? you should read up more about it. albert (evil_03) runs meth in his car and so do I so he does it so he can run that amount of boost safely on pump gas.. nitrous is stickly a power adder Water/Methanol Injection provides "Chemical Intercooling" inside the cylinder. By injecting water and methanol in a finely atomized spray, the water is able to evaporate under the high temps of a firing cylinder, and when the water evaporates, it takes heat with it. The methanol also has a cooling and octane boosting effect as it burns. what that means is more boost and timing safely without adding high octane fuel. it also increases knock resistance because it acts like an octane booster.. albert made 720 to the wheels without meth.. so it only picked up 30 whp off it but with the meth kit now along with dual nozzle upgrade and safe injection box he can monitor his car safely via two led lights inside his car green goes on all through WOT when kit is working properly and red/amber if not running properly or tank is low allowing him to get outta WOT

now that is quality info for OP and others. thank you. :beer:

Last edited:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Well guys just an update. I sold my motor. I'm building a boss block 327ci stroker. I said to hell with the budget and went all out.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
i did forget to mention that i have the other supporting mods already.
fore hat with twin gt pumps
i have 63 lbs injectors but ill be going with 80's or 96's
26 spline input shaft
spec stage 3+ clutch and billet steel flywheel
fore fuel rails and -8 line from hat to rails

Any other upgrades/supporting mods you plan on getting? I assume so, just curious as to what...

Well guys just an update. I sold my motor. I'm building a boss block 327ci stroker. I said to hell with the budget and went all out.
Haha, only live once huh?

Well I recently went a 10.91 @ 129 mph with my 2.3L.
Im going single turbo I believe now. I want 700-750 on 18 psi street tune. I'd like to see 800-850 on 22 psi of boost.
I've had a fox body with a 347 and a v27 YSI cog setup make 1060 to the tires. 31 psi
It's not a daily driven car either. I just have always wanted a turbo.
I can do the install for most everything. I've got a couple of friends that can help me also.
I've upped my budge to 7500 installed. I think it can be done. :)

Time to update your goals? lol And the budget obviously.

Yes. 26 spline upgrade with spec stage 3+ clutch and billet steel flywheel
Yes stock long block, stock heads, stock cams
These motors are good for 850-1000 (or so I've been told from several people and places)

Goodbye stock longblock! Hello built motor

ill keep thread updated. I took some pics tonight. I've ran into 1 curve ball already. The jack ass that installed the lower pulley over tightened 2 bolts that go into the timing cover :( They are small Allen head bolts. So I guess I'll be pulling the radiator and fan tonight so I can drill the head of these 2 bolts out.
Fun fun....
I'll be doing the install myself. So here is the current out look
Blower sold $2750
Front drive and cooling stuff sold $1200
Other misc stuff sold $200
I'm positive $4150
Turbo kit with upgrades and 01 cobra intake upper and lower brackets ($6350) negative
So far I'm out of pocket $2200
I bet when I'm done I'll have 4k at the most out of pocket. Maybe less if I'm really lucky.

Better sell some more things! Kidney? Left testy?

I may also yank the timing cover and have cams installed. But I don't think I will have enough money left over :(
I wanna powder coat the timing cover and upper intake.
Parts were ordered today. 76mm hellion single turbo kit with upgraded billet wheel and ball bearings in turbo.
Also got a Mach 1 lower intake with 01 cobra upper intake.

Still considering cams? Or are you using the stock heads/cams on the built boss block?

i appreciate all the advice guys. i have decided to go 76mm turbo from hellion with a lot of upgrades.

You're starting to look like skaarew04svt hahahha.
Keep us updated, cool stuff you're doing I'm sure you'll be more than happy after the headaches and install/tuning.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
I sold the fuel system. I'm going return style fuel system with fore rails and a sumped tank.

I got a set of new heads ported with crower springs and titanium retainers

Not sure on cam selection yet

I think I'm gonna have to sell my first born lol

Any other upgrades/supporting mods you plan on getting? I assume so, just curious as to what...

Haha, only live once huh?

Time to update your goals? lol And the budget obviously.

Goodbye stock longblock! Hello built motor

Better sell some more things! Kidney? Left testy?

Still considering cams? Or are you using the stock heads/cams on the built boss block?

You're starting to look like skaarew04svt hahahha.
Keep us updated, cool stuff you're doing I'm sure you'll be more than happy after the headaches and install/tuning.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
I sold the fuel system. I'm going return style fuel system with fore rails and a sumped tank.

I got a set of new heads ported with crower springs and titanium retainers

Not sure on cam selection yet

I think I'm gonna have to sell my first born lol

Where are you getting fore parts? Or did you already have them and I missed them?
Sweet setup man

Users who are viewing this thread