I don't have a heat exchanger... WTF?!

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
So since I've had the car (about 7 months now) I was under the impression that the power steering cooler was the the stock heat exchanger (flame suit on). So when I finally discovered the other day that it was really the power steering cooler I was like, WTF? Where's my H/E then? So I traced the lines this morning and they go from the intercooler, to the reservoir, down to the pump, then right back up to the intercooler. This is some serious BS! So I'm guessing one of the previous owners probably had an after market H/E and pulled it off when they sold it but that's pretty ****ed up!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Pics of the front end please, and here you go...
416847flamesuit.jpg

Tims97SVT

Established Member
So since I've had the car (about 7 months now) I was under the impression that the power steering cooler was the the stock heat exchanger (flame suit on). So when I finally discovered the other day that it was really the power steering cooler I was like, WTF? Where's my H/E then? So I traced the lines this morning and they go from the intercooler, to the reservoir, down to the pump, then right back up to the intercooler. This is some serious BS! So I'm guessing one of the previous owners probably had an after market H/E and pulled it off when they sold it but that's pretty ****ed up!
:bash:

Ironhand

Banned
Check for mounting brackets. If they arent there then you can get some from Steve @ Tousley Ford and they arent cheap either. Lets hope the brackets are there a you can just throw a H/E in it.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Check for mounting brackets. If they arent there then you can get some from Steve @ Tousley Ford and they arent cheap either. Lets hope the brackets are there a you can just throw a H/E in it.

Nothing is there, no brackets, no nothing. I tried getting a pic from underneath but I couldn't get the car high enough.

Blueline

Established Member
Didnt you just have the car on a dyno recently? I cant believe they didnt catch your IAT 2's up. Im sure its not that cool in Las Vegas and nothing was really cooling your intercooler fluid. Well when you get it squared away, Im sure the car is going to feel much better because it wont be pulling timing like crazy.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Do the I/C lines go up to the bumper support? Maybe you have a Killer Chiller with an H/E delete?
Probably not, the seller would have been bragging about that and not trying to conceal it.

Look on the bright side, now is a golden opportunity to get in on the Killer Chiller group buy!
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ"]Always Look On The Bright Side of Life - YouTube[/nomedia]

KILLER CHILLER GROUP BUY!!!-> http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/802137-end-summer-killer-chiller-gb.html

Last edited:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
He means the intercooler under the blower. Wow I bet you are losing some serious power without the he what are you iat2s at?

That's what's crazy, the car has never really pulled on me and last night at the drag strip I did three runs that were all close in time, just screwed my launches.

Do the I/C lines go up to the bumper support? Maybe you have a Killer Chiller with an H/E delete?
Probably not, the seller would have been bragging about that and not trying to conceal it.

That's the first thing I looked for when I figured this out and nothing. No lines running up to the bumper.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Didnt you just have the car on a dyno recently? I cant believe they didnt catch your IAT 2's up. Im sure its not that cool in Las Vegas and nothing was really cooling your intercooler fluid. Well when you get it squared away, Im sure the car is going to feel much better because it wont be pulling timing like crazy.

I don't even think they were paying attention to that.

He means the intercooler under the blower. Wow I bet you are losing some serious power without the he what are you iat2s at?

I have no idea what they're at. I don't have gauges and no data logging.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
good condition terminators are getting harder to find I guess... How much power did you car make on the dyno?

Users who are viewing this thread