I don't have a heat exchanger... WTF?!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
415rwhp/375trq

Wow!

I'm surprised bells didn't go off and at least someone start looking for low power reasons.

Because these mods are known to produce a lot more power than that even on 91 octane.

From sig:
Mods-
- JLT CF True CAI
- Polished Accufab SBTB & Plenum
- High flow cats into Bassani X Pipe (no mufflers)
- Steeda Race Springs
- Nitto 555 D/R's
- Lethal Performance Gen II HCM
Soon to Come-
- 2.8 Upper Pulley
- Metco Idlers
- Getting my Eaton, eatin more air

Left out the very influential H/E delete mod.:nonono:

cbr repsol

Established Member
if its missing i think something is up...no one on earth would take one out just to do it for shits n giggles. Something tells me your car had a turbo on it at some point and was removed for $ and put back to stock half assed.

Ironhand

Banned
if its missing i think something is up...no one on earth would take one out just to do it for shits n giggles. Something tells me your car had a turbo on it at some point and was removed for $ and put back to stock half assed.

That does make sense because the powersteering cooler looks brand new almost.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member

That does make sense because the powersteering cooler looks brand new almost.

Well the guy I bought it from said he hadn't done any mods to it and he was only the second owner. He got it when he was working for Ford when the original owner traded it in for a GT500. What I don't get is if the original did do something like that, why go through all the trouble of taking everything off but leave on the Accufab TB?

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
I vote either it had a nice one on it and he took it off to sell or use for his self..

OR...

It has a killer chiller?

cbr repsol

Established Member
If it is true honestly i would be more worried about the turbo kit 8-10k depending on what kit compared to a 3-400 tb. Also people upgrade cars like girl friends sometimes and might of had to sell it asap to close a deal on what he wanted..maybe a new gt500?? guess we will never know but get a h/e on there asap.:beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Well the guy I bought it from said he hadn't done any mods to it and he was only the second owner. He got it when he was working for Ford when the original owner traded it in for a GT500. What I don't get is if the original did do something like that, why go through all the trouble of taking everything off but leave on the Accufab TB?

I'll bet he caught a stone in it just before selling it, it was leaking, so instead of buying and installing a new one, he just pulled it off and hoped no one would notice.

And SHAZAAAAAM... no one did.

blown302stng

Established Member
Or better yet it was an aftermarket heat exchanger and he removed it before trading it in. He could make $$ off it and knew the dealership wouldn't know enough about the car to think anything different

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Well unfortunately it definitely does not have a killer chiller, the lines just go from the intercooler to pump and back, plus the fluid does get pretty hot. I'm guessing it just had an aftermarket heat exchanger and the orig. owner yanked it off cause there's no brackets or anything so.... Just one more thing keeping me from getting mods put on the car

Satyr

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your luck, OP...but the thread title and the pictures made me LOL

2004silvercobra

Established Member
That sucks and it is getting harder and harder to find honest people. I just bought my second cobra in July that only had 6k miles on it and had it shipped out here and did a once over to see he put a 99 cobra IRS in my car. It just so happens one of his other cars was a 99 cobra.. he did end up sending me $1600 for a 03 IRS but would of been nice to know before hand.. good luck and I think I might have some of the parts you need if I do and can find them just pay shipping and there yours...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

stang910

Established Member
Maybe the owner thought he could use it on the GT500. Anyhow consider getting the killer chiller. I have one and my HE is bypassed and it works great.

Satyr

Established Member
That sucks and it is getting harder and harder to find honest people. I just bought my second cobra in July that only had 6k miles on it and had it shipped out here and did a once over to see he put a 99 cobra IRS in my car. It just so happens one of his other cars was a 99 cobra.. he did end up sending me $1600 for a 03 IRS but would of been nice to know before hand.. good luck and I think I might have some of the parts you need if I do and can find them just pay shipping and there yours...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

Damn...that's really sketchy.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
Damn OP, the oposite happen to me i bought mine thinking it was a stock h/e (the seller never told me other wise) and it happens to be a LFP H/E.....sorry about your luck

gabe1530

Banned
That's not cool. Well now is the time to decide if want to get a KC or aftermarket HE. If you do a KC get a stock HE. If not, get an aftermarket HE.

cbr repsol

Established Member
That's not cool. Well now is the time to decide if want to get a KC or aftermarket HE. If you do a KC get a stock HE. If not, get an aftermarket HE.

this...i would do a stock with kc since u live in vegas...it gets fing hot there in the summer. My father inlaw lives there and we always wind up out there in the summer...probably cause he has a boat, but its not worth it to me.

Users who are viewing this thread