I don't have a heat exchanger... WTF?!

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
That sucks and it is getting harder and harder to find honest people. I just bought my second cobra in July that only had 6k miles on it and had it shipped out here and did a once over to see he put a 99 cobra IRS in my car. It just so happens one of his other cars was a 99 cobra.. he did end up sending me $1600 for a 03 IRS but would of been nice to know before hand.. good luck and I think I might have some of the parts you need if I do and can find them just pay shipping and there yours...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

Thanks man I appreciate the offer. Got a heat exchanger? :lol1:

Yeah I'm gonna head back over to Shelby and talk to the guys. I'm not mad they didn't catch anything but hopefully they'll have something laying around that they'll let me "borrow" for a little while. I would more than love to get a K/C but that's just financially outta the question right now.

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
Thanks man I appreciate the offer. Got a heat exchanger? :lol1:

Yeah I'm gonna head back over to Shelby and talk to the guys. I'm not mad they didn't catch anything but hopefully they'll have something laying around that they'll let me "borrow" for a little while. I would more than love to get a K/C but that's just financially outta the question right now.

If you go in the terminator market section there is a member selling a heat exchanger. Its under eaton swap parts.

Last edited:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
If you go in the terminator market section there is a member selling a heat exchanger. Its under eaton swap parts.

Thanks for the info but I'm trying to find something for the great price of "free" ninety-nine if ya know what I'm sayin lol... I actually met a guy out here at the drag strip the other night that said he has a ton of parts he'll sell me for a great price, including a heat exchanger, a stock one I believe. Just need to come up with some extra cash in hurry.

Teej281

Established Member
A) Punch the last owner.

B) Punch whoever dynoed it last.

I agree. lol Dude, this sucks man. Good luck with whatever route you decide to take. Hopefully you can get it figured out. And who knows, maybe now with the addition of the heat exchanger, you wont need more mods than what you have to be happy simply because you're gaining back power that you never felt before. nah mean? :pepper::dancenana::banana:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
I agree. lol Dude, this sucks man. Good luck with whatever route you decide to take. Hopefully you can get it figured out. And who knows, maybe now with the addition of the heat exchanger, you wont need more mods than what you have to be happy simply because you're gaining back power that you never felt before. nah mean? :pepper::dancenana::banana:

Yeah for sure. Hopefully it will make a pretty big difference.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
<-------Runs to garage to check for H/E. ;-)

But seriously man, that really sucks. This question may have already been asked but can you still get in touch with the previous owner?

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
I have the heat exchanger and the hose assembly if you're interested.

I actually just came across a stock heat exchanger from someone here in town so I do have one now. Has all the lines and everything. Thank you so much for offering that to me I seriously do appreciate it. The only thing I need now is the mounting brackets. Is there any way to fab some up or am I gonna have to order some?

*SVT*

What next?
Established Member
No problem you're welcome. I would imagine you could fab up something. All they do is wrap around the unit and bolt it down on the top.

*SVT*

What next?
Established Member
I'll snap a few for you tomorrow. I just installed an Afco heat exchanger yesterday. I could have gotten some good ones.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Well I got a H/E finally, a stock one from someone out here. My boy Aric and I fabbed up some brackets out of some aluminum flat bar. It's a little crude looking right now but I'll post some pics of it on the car after I get it polished up and straightened out.

002-2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread