So I Sprayed a Hertz vette and raced a GT-R

phantasms

Established Member
Flew out to the LA autoshow to do some filming and wanted to do some big stunt. Well I got the crazy idea to rent a Hertz ZHZ corvette, install a 100 shot of nitrous on it, and race it against my friend's GT-R.

Here's a YouTube link.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrP3kiUm1K8&fmt=18]YouTube - NOS Rental Vette vs Nissan GT-R - Garage419[/ame]

The hi-res version works but the new HD version that youtube has been playing with is off sync. I called them and they said we're in beta so stuff happens. Nice. lol

Here's a link with a little better quality..

NOS Rental Vette vs Nissan GT-R - Garage419 | Garage419 - Car guys love to argue. Let the debate rage!

-Gene :thumbs:

Vanity

Banned
uhhh. so you posted a video admitting that you sprayed a rental car and clearly has you viewed in the movie.

you better pray to god that company doesnt find out you did that.
on a 2nd note.. i wouldnt figure a GTR would beat a c6 with spray?

Tunink

Established Member
The nitrous working? That vette should have so won.

My GTO runs 6.80s (600' track) on a 125 wet shot....

phantasms

Established Member
So what would of happened if you blew the motor and they found out it was because of nitrous?

Insurance. They wouldn't have found out though. Also that motor is in a lot better shape now than when I picked it up. New plugs and clean on the inside. lol

uhhh. so you posted a video admitting that you sprayed a rental car and clearly has you viewed in the movie.

you better pray to god that company doesnt find out you did that.
on a 2nd note.. i wouldnt figure a GTR would beat a c6 with spray?

Yes. I posted a video admitting that you sprayed a rental car and clearly has you viewed in the movie.

I couldn't hook at all on the track. The highway pulls were very different.

i wanna see the highway vid!

Coming soon. :rockon:

phantasms

Established Member
Eh... I don't get it... LS3s are running high 11 stock. An extra 100 should put it deep 11s and ahead of the GTR.

Even the tech laughed and said all I was going to do was spin. Everyone was running terrible times there. In addition the tires sucked on the car.

On the highway I didn't crush him but I clearly walked away all the time at every speed.

S197man

Established Member
Well I have one thing to say. I know you had fun, and I would be tempted to do a similar thing. I just want you to know that you may not want to do this ever again.

My father is a Hertz manager and has been for 51 years. In the accident of you detonating that engine, you'd figure that you'd have to buy them just a new engine, correct? Wrong.

You'd have to buy them a NEW CORVETTE. Hertz will write off the car as totaled and auction off the parts/body.

And yes, all expenses would be on you since you installed the nitrous, etc. lol

And NO, insurance will not cover a nitrous accident. Insurance only covers a 100% stock car. Plus, you were racing it, which would even screw you more.

Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
lol good video, definately wanna see the highway runs :D

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
The nitrous working? That vette should have so won.

My GTO runs 6.80s (600' track) on a 125 wet shot....

your bottom 13 second stock car runs high 10.70-10.90s (thats 6.80's in the 1/8th) with just a 125 shot? Call Guinness.

Naaaaahh... you probably meant your modded N20 goat runs 10's with spray, right? In which case there was no reason to post that other than to plug your car's times.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread