So I Sprayed a Hertz vette and raced a GT-R

MATT SS

Hey Phantasms arent you the guy who raced that blue 2003 Z06 against all those exotic cars and beat them??? If so then that was an awesome win for USA!!!!! :rockon: Didnt u have a magic stick can in that Z???????

phantasms

Established Member
Hey Phantasms arent you the guy who raced that blue 2003 Z06 against all those exotic cars and beat them??? If so then that was an awesome win for USA!!!!! :rockon: Didnt u have a magic stick can in that Z???????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K07Vb6mcWns&fmt=18]YouTube - C5Z06 vs Everything[/ame] ;)

Also the roof video and Ford GT ~vs~ Z06. ;)

firebird1999us

Established Member
Well I have one thing to say. I know you had fun, and I would be tempted to do a similar thing. I just want you to know that you may not want to do this ever again.

My father is a Hertz manager and has been for 51 years. In the accident of you detonating that engine, you'd figure that you'd have to buy them just a new engine, correct? Wrong.

You'd have to buy them a NEW CORVETTE. Hertz will write off the car as totaled and auction off the parts/body.

And yes, all expenses would be on you since you installed the nitrous, etc. lol

And NO, insurance will not cover a nitrous accident. Insurance only covers a 100% stock car. Plus, you were racing it, which would even screw you more.

:p

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
I was there that day. Lined up two cars behind the ZHZ once. Just FYI for everyone, that track sucks ballz. STi's running 8.8's are cutting 2.3 60 foots. My best was a 2.45

venomws6

Established Member
Great video your crazy man LOL

Didnt you sell the blk/blk/blk C6 ZO6 and bought ZR1?????
WE NEED SOME RACING VIDEOS.

Jayls5

Established Member
Awesome video, but the choice of modification was kind of bad.

Should have borrowed some drag radials instead, or done both. With a short track like that, you're already at a major disadvantage with a factory vette... let alone one with rental car tires.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
S197man, if they had fried the motor with the nitrous then how would the rental company have found out? I'm sure in the event that it happened, they would have removed the nitrous kit and not posted the video.

red00lght

Established Member
Cool video!! As an ex-airline pilot, I can tell you first hand I will never, EVER buy a used rental car. (Some) airlines give them to pilots free to get around on the weekend and the abuse of those poor cars was legendary!! Neutral slams, throwing it into park at 60mph, etc...:burnout:
Luckily, the jets are treated with more respect! :-D

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
One of my old girlfriends had bought a previous rental before I met her. That car was so screwed from day one...she was so clueless that people abused the crap out of rentals.

Users who are viewing this thread