99/01 Cobra Front Bumper Thread

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I know there is more than likely a thread for GTs with 99/01 Cobra front bumpers. Since the search function doesn't work does anyone have a thread like this saved and can give me the link?

I'm getting an 01 Cobra front bumper this weekend so I think want to check out some other GTs with the 01 Cobra Bumper.
Thanks!

-Ray

4fit?

Established Member
<--Jealous. That is the best looking front bumper ever put on a New Edge stang. Good choice.

OBGT

Moving On Up!
Established Member
It does look good, I've always wanted to do this to get rid of the license plate insert. What would be cool if someone came out with the GT front bumper with the license plate insert smoothed out :rockon:

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Thanks guys, i'm contemplating whether or not I should add my Mach 1 chin spoiler or throw on an 03/04 lip to it instead.

It used to be somewhat unique to have the Mach 1 chin on the 99/01 Cobra front bumper, but i've seen it more and more lately. I've only seen a hand full with the 03/04 lip on the 99/01 Cobra bumper.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
gotta love the new edge front.

4.jpg

slowcoupe89

holic of many variations
Established Member
^ that beast is shiny :coolman:

Thanks guys, i'm contemplating whether or not I should add my Mach 1 chin spoiler or throw on an 03/04 lip to it instead.

It used to be somewhat unique to have the Mach 1 chin on the 99/01 Cobra front bumper, but i've seen it more and more lately. I've only seen a hand full with the 03/04 lip on the 99/01 Cobra bumper.

How about niether? I like them with all 3 options but your right, the mach 1 seems to be pretty common.

http://g.imageshack.us/img3/p7280012ys2.jpg/1/

canadianbullitt

Established Member
I do not understand how you guys could say that the 99/01 bumber looks the best. I agree its a million times better than a GT but no where near a 03 04 cobra bumper.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I do not understand how you guys could say that the 99/01 bumber looks the best. I agree its a million times better than a GT but no where near a 03 04 cobra bumper.

I cannot stand 03/04 Cobra front bumpers on GTs, it just doesn't flow right with the stock GT body. They look amazing on Terminators, but thats also because they have the hood, side skirts, mirrors, rear bumper, and spoiler to match with it.

Graves

Established Member
i cannot stand 03/04 cobra front bumpers on gts, it just doesn't flow right with the stock gt body. They look amazing on terminators, but thats also because they have the hood, side skirts, mirrors, rear bumper, and spoiler to match with it.

+12459826759

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I'll probably have the bumper on this weekend, but i'll take some pics once I get my chrome saleens on the middle of next month.

Thanks for the replies guys!

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I cannot stand 03/04 Cobra front bumpers on GTs, it just doesn't flow right with the stock GT body. They look amazing on Terminators, but thats also because they have the hood, side skirts, mirrors, rear bumper, and spoiler to match with it.

True. But with just the Terminator skirts and front bumper the GT looks mean.

Users who are viewing this thread