Has anyone done a coyote swapped rx7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
The ls1 swapped rx7s are pretty mean has anyone done a new 5.0 swap?

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It's probably possible, but it'd make you just as dumb as the hillbillies who swap in an LS1 because they can't figure out how to make a 13BT/20B work and make big power. V8 swaps in RX7s are asinine. That entire package is built on a small, lighweight, low-slung engine placed behind the front axle for optimal weight distribution and balance.

Last edited:

Last

Established Member
It's probably possible, but it'd make you just as dumb as the hillbillies who swap in an LS1 because they can't figure out how to make a 13BT/20B work and make big power. V8 swaps in RX7s are asinine. That entire package is built on a small, lighweight, low-slung engine placed behind the front axle for optimal weight distribution and balance.

Rotaries are not cheap to maintain. Especially when you make big power with them.

Kiohtee

Established Member

The LS1 is one of the best bang for your buck engines, no matter what car it's in. A full bolt-on, stock heads, cam, and intake manifold RX-7 is good for mid-11s, sometimes quicker. Not to mention they're easier and cheaper to maintain than a big HP rotary.

Last edited:

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
So? Stick with your ponycars if you can't afford to maintain a rotary. :shrug: Living your life a quarter mile at a time is fun if you're easily amused but you really haven't lived 'till you're clipping an apex at 10,000 RPM...

Grimster

Established Member
lol. why does it seem to personally offend you that people swap in an LS1 into their FD or FC? It's their car, let them mod it how they see fit :)

Last

Established Member
So? Stick with your ponycars if you can't afford to maintain a rotary. :shrug: Living your life a quarter mile at a time is fun if you're easily amused but you really haven't lived 'till you're clipping an apex at 10,000 RPM...

Well when you can make more power with less money and maintenance you can stay on the road longer. There is a reason there is only one car with a rotary nowadays.

MGC

Established Member

A ls1 rx7 would be an ideal open track car.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

I would have to search around to be certain but I thought I had read that the LS1 actually weighs slightly less then the turbo rotary with all its hot and cold side piping and the intercooler.

Kiohtee

Established Member
But can you place an LS1 behind the front axle? ;-)

But can you build and maintain a rotary as cheap as an LS1?

Most people don't build LSx RX-7s for corner carving fun, although I'm sure some do and I imagine they work perfectly well. My main purpose for wanting an LS1 RX-7 is the fact that with just a stock motor in it it'll probably run mid or low 12s. Bolt-ons and a small shot of nitrous and you're securely in the 10s.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Dude. Your from Ohio.

You're*

And what bearing does that have on anything, Cali boy? :dw:

As far as LS1s are concerned, hey, I have no beef with them. Pushrods are cool. I think my grandfather told me he had a car with some once.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
You're*

As far as LS1s are concerned, hey, I have no beef with them. Pushrods are cool. I think my grandfather told me he had a car with some once.

Hardy har har. You wouldn't happen to be sour because said pushrod outperforms your 4.6 DOHC would you? :loser:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
A ls1 rx7 would be an ideal open track car.

If I had the dough, I would put a Boss 302 DOHC crate motor in a Porsche Cayman S. 444 hp- 444 pounds..yummy! And that's without any mods.

I have not measured the engine bay in one yet but I'll bet it would fit without too much hassle.

I would prefer that to one in an RX7, though I am sure a Coyote in one of them would rock too but that's a wide engine compared to a LS1 or LS7 series engine.

MGC

Established Member
Ls1 has a broader torque curve and instant throttle response as well as being more reliable and easier to make power with compared to the rotaries, seems to me that far outweighs a few pounds and a slightly worse weight distribution ;-)

Last edited:

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hardy har har. You wouldn't happen to be sour because said pushrod outperforms your 4.6 DOHC would you? :loser:

No, I think they're fine motors. I'm probably going to put a smallblock in my roadster project if it ever gets off the ground. :rolling: I'm sour because everyone with an LS1 thinks that it's the greatest engine ev4r. The only difference between God and an LS1 driver is that God dosen't walk around acting like he's got an LS1...:rolleyes: They're like the U2 of motors. They're pretty good, but highly overrated. I'm just tired of seeing them swapped into anything and everything just because "It's an LS1, bro!"

A few pounds and weight distribution makes a huge difference. Why do you think Lotus uses Toyota twin cams instead of LS1s in the Elise? inb4hennessyvenom

Last edited:

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
You're*

L ****in OL!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread