Has anyone done a coyote swapped rx7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
So? Stick with your ponycars if you can't afford to maintain a rotary. :shrug: Living your life a quarter mile at a time is fun if you're easily amused but you really haven't lived 'till you're clipping an apex at 10,000 RPM...

you have clipped an apex at 10k rpm? :bored: bullshit. please take your droll posts out of this as you obviously have spent way too much on your rotary engine. stock redline is 7800rpm so im guessing you spent how much to reach that 10k rpm limit? the rotary is a lost cause and it shows that a ton of those cars are now sporting anything but the rotary.

why spend a fortune to try to make it fast when you can swap it and be more reliable, faster and sound a shit ton meaner? :idea:

didnt alot of the prototype cars from GM/Ford run the LSX based engine block and the roush-yates prepared modular? i know a few took the podiums in the mid-late 90's....dont know exactly who and dont really feel like looking them up.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
and the last rotary to win anything was in 91? thats a shocker.....

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not even going to get started in this thread.... :D:D

This picture sums up the rotary experience nicely.....

sticker,375x360.png

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I'm not even going to get started in this thread.... :D:D

This picture sums up the rotary experience nicely.....

sticker,375x360.png

lol thats pretty funny. Rotary engines are a really cool concept and its nice to see a non-traditional engine in the mix... but the con's outweigh the pro's soooo much that its not worth it to me (or 99% of the car world)

straight 6's and v8's ftmfw :beer:

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
This thread is making me want to jack my brother's 93 FD and yank out the rotary that floods after sitting too long.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
CVDH - I don't think at this point anybody can sway you from the rotary engine and that's fine. If YOU like it and all it's inherent weaknesses that's on you. Some of us like a more efficient, more, powerful, and longer lasting motor. You have your tastes- we have ours.

Hey, this guy gets it. Different strokes for different folks. Also, gonna PM SID297 and see if he'll change my username to "CVDH" because it's too frickin' long now. Thanks for the idea. :beer:

Ok Cam, Neato and all you Rotary fanbois....IF rotaries are the Gods gift to the automotive world why is it you never see rotary swaps INTO other cars? You ever see a Rotary Vette, Mustang, Camaro, Supra's, Jeeps (for all those rock crawlers) etc? NO WAY. You always see it the other way around. I've seen multiple vids of LSX, 5.0, 2JZ etc etc swapped Mazda's but never the other way. If rotaries are as good as you say they are why hasn't the automotive world jumped on board....... could it be for ALL the drawbacks previously mentioned........ think about it. We already know the answer to this!!

Ever been to Puerto Rico? :rolleyes:

and the last rotary to win anything was in 91? thats a shocker.....

Did you read the part where they were banned at Le Mans after '91? And if you love the LSx so much, surely you saw the RX8s and Camaros trading wins in Grand Am racing the last few years...it was cool to watch the Japanese and Americans beat up on the Germans. :rockon:

This thread is making me want to jack my brother's 93 FD and yank out the rotary that floods after sitting too long.

He should sell it to me, he dosen't know how to take care of it apparently. :p

Last edited:

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
It's probably possible, but it'd make you just as dumb as the hillbillies who swap in an LS1 because they can't figure out how to make a 13BT/20B work and make big power. V8 swaps in RX7s are asinine. That entire package is built on a small, lighweight, low-slung engine placed behind the front axle for optimal weight distribution and balance.

Ok big guy... Let me know how many 13b's put out 700rwhp, and do it reliably. My rx7 was on it's THIRD STOCK rotary by 120k miles.

Also, the weight difference between an LSx and 13b is less than 50lbs.

Seriously rotaries are absolute garbage.

Last edited:

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
you have clipped an apex at 10k rpm? :bored: bullshit. please take your droll posts out of this as you obviously have spent way too much on your rotary engine. stock redline is 7800rpm so im guessing you spent how much to reach that 10k rpm limit? the rotary is a lost cause and it shows that a ton of those cars are now sporting anything but the rotary.

why spend a fortune to try to make it fast when you can swap it and be more reliable, faster and sound a shit ton meaner? :idea:

didnt alot of the prototype cars from GM/Ford run the LSX based engine block and the roush-yates prepared modular? i know a few took the podiums in the mid-late 90's....dont know exactly who and dont really feel like looking them up.

WTF are you smoking. Hey Captain retard lookup the redline on a stock 04 rx8 before your dumbass posts anything fact related again.

speedsun

Established Member
I've seen rotaries swapped into jet skis. Pretty much going to keep the same reliability by doing that.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
WTF are you smoking. Hey Captain retard lookup the redline on a stock 04 rx8 before your dumbass posts anything fact related again.

retard....spirited.....NOT.:bored: look here junior, before you give me shit get your ass in an actual rx8 and let me know if it will go around a corner at 10k rpm. your either gonna over rev it and blow your seals or your out of the powerband.

ok so you got another 2k rpm(to a total 9k rpm) and 20hp less than the 13b....let me know? the n/a rotary is a ****ing joke. the 13b turbo was the only motor to come out of mazda that was worth a damn. the only reason they are competitive is because they keep weigh capping the american an german cars.

oh and your still not hitting a damn apex at 10 grand. no ****ing way in hell. so you recheck your facts and hit the track in a rotary and let me know. ive been there and can tell you first hand that if you like the wall and sand traps you can do that all day long.

good luck slick, your gonna need it. :kaboom:

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
oh and to go into it more, your "race prepped"RX8 factory cars are only at 8800rpm. so please again, dickhead, let me know what your doing when throwing a car around an apex at 10k rpm. while you try to figure out how to get your shitty rotary outta the dirt ill be lapping you doing 6500 in an LSX based car.

or lift the weight handicap and watch those rx8's sit at the back of the field for the next 10 years. oh wait, mazda figured it out that rotary's suck too and discontinued them.....
good riddance.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
retard....spirited.....NOT.:bored: look here junior, before you give me shit get your ass in an actual rx8 and let me know if it will go around a corner at 10k rpm. your either gonna over rev it and blow your seals or your out of the powerband.

ok so you got another 2k rpm(to a total 9k rpm) and 20hp less than the 13b....let me know? the n/a rotary is a ****ing joke. the 13b turbo was the only motor to come out of mazda that was worth a damn. the only reason they are competitive is because they keep weigh capping the american an german cars.

oh and your still not hitting a damn apex at 10 grand. no ****ing way in hell. so you recheck your facts and hit the track in a rotary and let me know. ive been there and can tell you first hand that if you like the wall and sand traps you can do that all day long.

good luck slick, your gonna need it. :kaboom:

oh and to go into it more, your "race prepped"RX8 factory cars are only at 8800rpm. so please again, dickhead, let me know what your doing when throwing a car around an apex at 10k rpm. while you try to figure out how to get your shitty rotary outta the dirt ill be lapping you doing 6500 in an LSX based car.

or lift the weight handicap and watch those rx8's sit at the back of the field for the next 10 years. oh wait, mazda figured it out that rotary's suck too and discontinued them.....
good riddance.

the 08 rx8 6spd has a redline of over 10k

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
the 08 rx8 6spd has a redline of over 10k

would love to hear where you got this info from. verified from sources in the powertrain development at mazda HQ, the RX8 from all years in the US was topped at 9000rpm. never any higher. sorry to burst your bubble. if you were talking out of state, not even close. 7500 for 5spd models and autos everwhere else.

even the RARE and very very limited mazdaspeed and racing beat import models still got the 9000rpm redline. the seals and gaskets needed to be warrantied and they would not increase the redline in terms of reliability. thats even why the 8/100k seals/gasket warranty from mazda came from.

so what else are you gonna ask me about? please let me know and ill enlighten you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread