Any other cooling mod ideas? Getting a Dual Fan H/E

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
I'm about to purchase a dual fan H/E and am just curious if this will solve all of my heat soak issues? I like in Louisiana, so it does get hot down here. It's a daily driver and I like to run it sometimes. I was looking at the killer chiller, but would that be overkill to run the KC with a dual fan heat exchanger? I'm just curious to see if the dual fan H/E will solve all my heat soak issues. Thanks.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
The dual fan heat exchanger would work against the killer chiller. The KC would cool the fluid well below ambient, the HE would actually attempt to raise the temps back up to ambient. No HE required with the KC.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
I spoke to my father and he said that the killer chiller could possibly put too much of a load on the car's compressor, so therefore I'm just going to go with the H/E with puller fans then for less worry about something else being over worked and having to be replaced.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Dual fan h/e and an MHR Tank and call it a day :beer:

The MHR tank is probably my favorite mod. Its just plain cool

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Depends on the intended use of the car. If you live in a warm climate and are not afraid to drive your car aggressively, then the Killer Chiller technology is a superior way to cool your intake charge. This system has been around for awhile now and there have been no reports of premature compressor damage. I would suggest rethinking your decision if any of the above apply to you.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
for a DD the Van HE/RAD setup would work well with your setup an a lower Tstat

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
The concept of the Killer chiller is great, however its a little to extreme for his application, IMO!

Bulldogger

Established Member
If you want more cooling then a dual fan heat exchanger, you can also spay Methanol 50/50 mix. The H/E will probably drop IAT's 40-50* and meth will drop another 15* on top of that. Probably close to a KC result and alot less of a hassle.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
What's the difference in IAT temp changes between the killer chiller and the dual fan H/E? Is it a noticeable difference or are we talking a major difference?

Also I already have a 3x larger stock look intercooler tank and a 170* t-stat.

Islandcat

Established Member
David, Talk to fearsno1 before you make a decision. He is close by and has the kit. I have personally met up with him and put my fingers in the coolant tank after he ran it.......... Cool as ice. I will get it installed before summer...... I might ask him to do it and he would 9 out of 10 do it because he is that good of a guy.At the very least take his advice seriously.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You should consider the C&R radiator as well - Van can give you more info on the benefits. Throw in the stock-look tank for cheap that holds more fluid if you don't want to drop $$$ on an aluminum tank.

CPRsm

Do these cars have a WOT switch for the compressor? Would think it does like most new cars. The KC effectively stop working ? IDK about running the AC all the time.

Pure_Evil_GT500

LS7 BUD
Established Member
If you drag race I recommend the KC... I'm personally buying both... A bigger H/E and the killer chiller... I would only use the KC when at the track waiting in the staging lanes... If your by yourself do you really wanna ice it down and push you 4000lbs car down the staging lanes? I don't just switch it on coming down the return road and just keep the car running with the KC on and you will have consistent runs...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If you want more cooling then a dual fan heat exchanger, you can also spay Methanol 50/50 mix. The H/E will probably drop IAT's 40-50* and meth will drop another 15* on top of that. Probably close to a KC result and alot less of a hassle.

The KC will cool to 60*s or so in the IC system so the meth won't get to close to being that cool.

Also another little tidbit the meth won't do much unless you put it "post intercooler". If the IAT's are colder than the IC itself then the IC will actually heat the air up when it passes through it. I was mentioning yesterday that Nitrous doesn't even help IAT2's or Downstreams and Meth isn't close for its cooling properties. I've done a bunch of reading on this over the years and watched some threads also where it was figured out by some well known Tuners where to put Meth for results.

Users who are viewing this thread