Dash plaque time frames

svtbolt2001

Established Member
Does anyone else find it ridiculous with all the new fandangle’d shipping companies that a Dash plaque takes a minimum of 150 days? This seems excessive to me.

svtbolt2001

Established Member
Someone out there should engineer an alternative. I would have spent half as much and went without the signature if it would have been shipped in a decent amount of time.

Semtex

Established Member
My Shelby had a signed on installed when I got her, that was the first thing I removed. It looks much better on my desk at the office!:banana:

bull3441

Established Member
Someone out there should engineer an alternative. I would have spent half as much and went without the signature if it would have been shipped in a decent amount of time.
took 6 months for me, i was nervous he was gonna croak before i got mine. they get signed when Shelby goes to visit the children's hospital. that only happens a few times per year. do research before you buy anything off the Shelby site. it's not like the old man is sitting behind a desk waiting for your plaque to be ordered so he can sign it.

Blacksmoke

Established Member
If it is signed I do not find it ridiculous it takes this long at all.
Shelby is a busy man despite his age and I'm sure he has his plate full constantly.

I had to wait almost seven months for my signed dash plaque.
Part of it was that he was out of town a full month during the show season doing things.

They even sent me notice about the lateness and apologized.
I told them to take their time and that I was just happy to be able to own the signed plaque. It goes to show they are 100% authentic and make sure HE signs it.

I have no problem in being patient for such items.
Good things come to those that wait. :)

Cameron57

Established Member
All I know is clear coat that thing when you get it. That was the first thing I did to mine when it came out of the box. And you know how many dumb asses touch it saying woe is that real.

-Cameron

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Mine took 4 1/2 months. I guess I was lucky.

Last edited:

Cameron57

Established Member
Ya I just bought a can of clear coat and coated it before I touched it is not noticeable but a good investment lol

BlakSVT

Established Member
Mine took five months. For the money, I was expecting a fully CNC machined aluminum plaque with "the Man's" signature. Turned out to be a thin aluminum plate mounted to a molded plastic backing plate. I did go ahead and follow the recommendations to use the special Krylon clear coat and protect the signature. Turned out nice overall.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Are we there yet?

It takes a long time...whining won't help.

Users who are viewing this thread