Dash plaque time frames

svtbolt2001

Established Member
I guess my frustration with this is that now days with Fedex, UPS, DHL there is absolutely no reason for this type of lead times. Secondly, their website leaves the window open for sooner if possible. From everything I have read, that should be removed because they are never sooner than 5-6 months.

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
I guess my frustration with this is that now days with Fedex, UPS, DHL there is absolutely no reason for this type of lead times. Secondly, their website leaves the window open for sooner if possible. From everything I have read, that should be removed because they are never sooner than 5-6 months.

it isn't the fault of the carrier---here is my take on the wait times:

Ship your part to them: 1 week or less
Shelby to sign: 24 weeks
Ship your part back: 1 week or less

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
what Shelby could do is post signing dates and then you could ship your part in time for a particular signing date...

svtbolt2001

Established Member
it isn't the fault of the carrier---here is my take on the wait times:

Ship your part to them: 1 week or less
Shelby to sign: 24 weeks
Ship your part back: 1 week or less

Meaning the part could be machined then fedex to whereever CS is at the time. He could then sign and place back in a fedex box and ship back to the parts house to be finally packaged and shipped ot the buyer.

svtbolt2001

Established Member
Yep, kind of what i was thinking. Hell they could just communicate it that way. Deadline is Jan 1 for a Jan 10 signing and with return shipping you should have it by Jan 21st. There are far better ways to manage the issue.

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
Yep, kind of what i was thinking. Hell they could just communicate it that way. Deadline is Jan 1 for a Jan 10 signing and with return shipping you should have it by Jan 21st. There are far better ways to manage the issue.

"better" eludes them for some reason...

Major

Established Member
I have sent a couple of emails and they have been good about responding but they provide no status updates, for the most part it is in Carrol Shelby hands! The only thing that really irritated me was the fact that they charged my credit card way back when I first ordered it, rather than waiting until it was shipped!

Major

sbrooks

Established Member
160 days and counting and what part did shelby build he gave it his approval and test drove it. No different than the ones brought from Shelby he doesn't build those either and the 69/70 Shelby was not built there either Just my IHO

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
160 days and counting and what part did shelby build he gave it his approval and test drove it. No different than the ones brought from Shelby he doesn't build those either and the 69/70 Shelby was not built there either Just my IHO

are you listing the reason that you should not have gotten a signed Shelby plaque?

BigDan

Established Member
I have sent a couple of emails and they have been good about responding but they provide no status updates, for the most part it is in Carrol Shelby hands! The only thing that really irritated me was the fact that they charged my credit card way back when I first ordered it, rather than waiting until it was shipped!

Major

I know I touched on that topic on the TS thread. I guess they dont care that they are breaking the law.

Users who are viewing this thread