DMP introduces the worlds first "GT500 - L"

FordFanStan

Established Member
The GT500 powered Lightning we had been putting together is complete, finished last week. The customer drove it to a small local g2g last weekend.

We dropped a crate GT500 engine in directly from Ford into a very clean low mileage 2001 silver Lightning and made all the necessary changes and modifications for it to be 100% functional. The customer is a member here and will probably respond. He machined some of the parts that had to be made. This is going to be his daily driver, as he has a 2000 silver Lightning for race only that is a mid to low 10 second truck.

Here are some preview pics.

100_6905.jpg

Picture184.jpg

Picture186.jpg

Picture192.jpg

Picture191.jpg

16622182152.jpg

16622182132.jpg

16622181681.jpg

... Stan

FordFanStan

Established Member
VERTIBLEMENACE said:
like it grew there...

Yes it really does look like it came straight from the factory like that. The only thing that doesnt make it look 100% factory is the red fuel pressure regulator and the intake. The red is coming off the regulator I believe too...

No numbers yet Larry, I'm not for sure if he is going to dyno it? It would be interesting to see the difference in power behind the auto versus the manuals in the GT500's... Stan

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
That snake is the dumbest thing ever.

the truck it self is badass.

nielsio

Luving the sun here!
Established Member
That thing just looks awesome! And that L has the exact lowering I'm looking for, what would give a 2000L that drop?

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
I agree... in this case the Cobra emblem actually makes some sense. That is a very nice looking install. You guys might be giving JLP and/or JDM some ideas about a drive-thru motor swap deal for L owners :)!

lightning_2001

Established Member
damn that looks badass.i cant even imagine how that thing rides.the emblem not so much but who cares its his ride.

todd abbott

Established Member
It's about time someone made this swap, just think of all the issues it solves with adaptor plates, 3.3 availabilty ect... it looks stock, I'm sure runs great and with a blower swap and a few other choice mods 700HP, nice job Stan for making it happen.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread