DMP introduces the worlds first "GT500 - L"

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
thread revival! lol.. I had never seen it tho.. pretty neat! Anyone else ever do this or get some numbers?

LSUstang05

Established Member
It's about time someone made this swap, just think of all the issues it solves with adaptor plates, 3.3 availabilty ect... it looks stock, I'm sure runs great and with a blower swap and a few other choice mods 700HP, nice job Stan for making it happen.:thumbsup:

all he needs is a blower swap and he has 700hp easy. He doesn't need anything else other than some idler pullies to keep belt slip down. Pulley, exhaust, tune = 600rwhp pretty easy.

Sick truck, too. Cobra emblem is a little big for me, but I like the idea of having the Cobra emblem on the truck. It is OK to have IMO.

FordFanStan

Established Member
This is a very old thread lol.

Since this, he swapped to a Whipple 3.4 quite some time ago and first had it on the dyno with a good bit over 600/700 on 16psi and 91 octane iirc. I'll find out the latest info and try to update. FFS

NoSurprise

Established Member
Nice to see there is interest in my GT500 transplant again.
The 3.4l whipple has been on it over a year now.
DynoJet numbers for the race tune were 620hp at 6200 rpms, stock lower with 3.5” upper=17# boost, 18 degrees and using a 91-100 octane mix.
My daughter ran a 7.56@ 92mph, two weeks ago, in the 1/8.
Last ¼ mile time was 11.6xx @ 117. The truck is full weight with a hard cover. No front skinnys but Bogards/slicks in back for the track.
I have put about 7k miles on it as a DD and ran it in the Summit Series sportsman class last year and many times on Thu. Nite T&T. The street tune is 17# and 12 degrees on 91 octane.
As a DD you better be ready for some slip and slide when going WOT any time in 1st gear and WOT over 3500 rpms in second gear. I use slicks on the track and I’m on my second set of nitto’s on the street. :)

And for these people that want to see a 900+ hp 8 sec truck?
I’m almost finished with my 4 linked drag strip only truck.

NoSurprise :coolman:

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
I very much enjoyed my GT500 3.4 4 valve on the street. It had better street manners then my built 2 valve.

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
I've seen the truck when John came to my house for stock shackles that i couldn't find. :uh oh:

wouldn't mind the swap in a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread