POLL: If the U.S. Imposed a Draft, would you Go?

If the U.S. Imposed a Draft, would you Go?

• Absolutely. I love my country!

Votes: 120 42.4%
  • No. I don't believe in fighting in the Middle East?

Votes: 29 10.2%
  • Maybe (Explain)

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Yes, but I'm too old.

Votes: 26 9.2%
  • Yes, but I have medical issues that would prevent it.

Votes: 33 11.7%
  • What's a Draft?

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • yes I would go if drafted but reluctantly

Votes: 26 9.2%
  • No, and I would oppose it. The draft is a direct slap in the face of liberty and freedom.

Votes: 34 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Does asthma count as a medical issue? haha, but I chose maybe. I love this country, and my father served 20yrs in the AirForce. I have the upmost respect for everyone in the armed forces. If it came down to it, I'd go.

Juruense

Banned
There is no option for "yes I would go if drafted but reluctantly" which would be my vote. I have already done 6 years in the National Guard and would go if called but not because of some deluded sense of nationalism of "love for my country" or whatever. I would just do what had to be done.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
There is no option for "yes I would go if drafted but reluctantly" which would be my vote. I have already done 6 years in the National Guard and would go if called but not because of some deluded sense of nationalism of "love for my country" or whatever. I would just do what had to be done.

Good point. Perhaps we can get a MOD to add it.

02reaper

Established Member
No. I don't believe in the rules the us has when fighting a war. Also, I think we should mind our own business. Pull out, let them deal with their own shit, and everyone else too. You can't watch over your own home when your not there.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Yes. But with my asthma and knee and back and shoulder and finger issues I'd probably be somewhere doing paperwork.

But yes I'd join to do something if our country needed me.

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
Not supporting a draft, or choosing not serving in the military does not mean you do not support your country. Just thought I would make that point.

Very true. I was actually accused of not supporting the USA b/c I was rooting for GSP over Hughes for the last UFC PPV.

On topic, I would go and fight - reluctantly. If the enemy was at our shores I would go immediately and voluntarily.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Yes. But that doesn't mean people don't dodge it.

DODGING
Not going to happen...

DRAFT
Not going to happen...

THIS POLL BEING THE SLIGHTEST BIT RELEVANT
Not going to happen...

Was there perhaps something else that you wanted to inquire about in the form of a poll??? :shrug:

Like maybe..

"Does anyone else hate Bush and/or Republicans in general and would like to join in on my on-going anguish, sense of helplessness and self loathing???

:bored:

KILL THEM ALL!!!
Like it or not we will not be able to ignore Muslim extremism and expect to hide over here without serious repercussions.

We are currently tip toeing with certain countries when we should be KICKING SOME ASS!!!

Change the age limit and I'd sign up Monday morning!!! No need for a draft here.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
You BETTER believe a draft will occur should we invade Iran.

There simply isn't enough manpower to occupy Iraq and invade Iran at the same time. And since there is very, very little support for the current administration, it's bound to happen sooner than later.

smokedgt

Established Member
"Yes, but I have medical issues that would prevent it"

Does anyone else not understand this answer? Knowing that you don't have to do something impairs your ability to give an accurate answer, Doesn't it? Example, I could SAY i would set my cobra on fire if I KNEW that I didn't have to. Maybe I am wrong though. I personally am completely against the war, but I also spent 8 months in falujah.

Not supporting a draft, or choosing not serving in the military does not mean you do not support your country.

+1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread