POLL: If the U.S. Imposed a Draft, would you Go?

If the U.S. Imposed a Draft, would you Go?

• Absolutely. I love my country!

Votes: 120 42.4%
  • No. I don't believe in fighting in the Middle East?

Votes: 29 10.2%
  • Maybe (Explain)

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Yes, but I'm too old.

Votes: 26 9.2%
  • Yes, but I have medical issues that would prevent it.

Votes: 33 11.7%
  • What's a Draft?

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • yes I would go if drafted but reluctantly

Votes: 26 9.2%
  • No, and I would oppose it. The draft is a direct slap in the face of liberty and freedom.

Votes: 34 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
"Yes, but I have medical issues that would prevent it"

Does anyone else not understand this answer? Knowing that you don't have to do something impairs your ability to give an accurate answer, Doesn't it? Example, I could SAY i would set my cobra on fire if I KNEW that I didn't have to. Maybe I am wrong though. I am completely against the war, but I also spent 8 months in falujah.

Any serious medical condition will disqualify you in a draft, even if you wanted to join.

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
I would go and probably get some kind of special assignment seeing as I'm an engineer.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
i would definately go. i hate myself for NOT joining the military when i was younger.

i would support a draft but i dont think its necessary until someone legitimate (like an actual country) attacks us to the point we truly put in every effort to wage war. despite what media outlets tell you, we are not spread thin and we are barely using our military to its fullest.

tvguy

In a heartbeat.

Then why wait? A draft will NEVER happen. You can however sign up tomorrow on your own. Step up or step down. Why would you go in (with that much enthusiasm)if there was a draft but not now on your own? Sup?
PACOTACO

Last edited by a moderator:

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
If they imposed the draft and you're drafted, you have little choice whether or not you want to go. That is unless you want a label to follow you around. Of course, I'm probably too old to get drafted now in my mid-thirties. Obviously they're going to be looking at you 18-25 year olds first.

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
I have already done 6 years in the National Guard

That counts as much as the BOYS who completed 6 years of BOY SCOUTS.

To the OP, I already served active duty in the Arabian/Persian Gulf, and would GLADLY do so again if called upon.

Sublimize23

Established Member
Are you absolutely sure about that?

That's what happened for the draft in Vietnam. College, graduate, or professional students were able to defer, and were exempt so to speak. If you ask me, I think there should be absolutely no reason for the draft, unless a massive invasion were to take place.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Then why wait? A draft will NEVER happen. You can however sign up tomorrow on your own. Step up or step down. Why would you go in if there was a draft but not now on your own? Sup?
PACOTACO

How do you know???? There have been 5 drafts in the last 100 years:

Spanish-American War (1898)
WWI (1917)
WWII Draft (1940)
Korean War (1950)
Vietnam War (1965, 1969)

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Then why wait? A draft will NEVER happen. You can however sign up tomorrow on your own. Step up or step down. Why would you go in (with that much enthusiasm)if there was a draft but not now on your own? Sup?
PACOTACO

I made a decision. I'm sticking with that decision, however much it haunts me.

But should this country's dire need arise, I will go without hesitation and 'with that much enthusiasm'.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I won't be surprised to see another draft again. The stage is definitely set for increased conflicts sporadically around the globe. Our volunteer army probably would not be sufficient to fight in multiple theaters. Certainly, our Air Force and Navy are probably the best in the world, but those two branches rely more on equipment and technology. Our Army and Marines are the best too, but what we have in technology, we still lack in total numbers of troops on the ground.

Now the one thing about Iran, hypothetically speaking, is that its sandwiched between Iraq and Afghanistan. Any action against them specifically would be aided by our presence in those countries in which we are already in. However, the U.S. would have to have help from other nations, though the way I see it, if an all-out invasion of any sizable country like Iran was needed and probably a draft would still be required, if the Iraq and Afghanistan mission continued long-term.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I won't be surprised to see another draft again. The stage is definitely set for increased conflicts sporadically around the globe. Our volunteer army probably would not be sufficient to fight in multiple theaters. Certainly, our Air Force and Navy are probably the best in the world, but those two branches rely more on equipment and technology. Our Army and Marines are the best too, but what we have in technology, we still lack in total numbers of troops on the ground.

Now the one thing about Iran, hypothetically speaking, is that its sandwiched between Iraq and Afghanistan. Any action against them specifically would be aided by our presence in those countries in which we are already in. However, the U.S. would have to have help from other nations, though the way I see it, if an all-out invasion of any sizable country like Iran was needed and probably a draft would still be required, if the Iraq and Afghanistan mission continued long-term.

Notice the correlation between occupations in Iraq in Afghanistan...

Note the planning of this since 2001 (earlier based on historical findings). A draft is imminent.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
I've got a document here, I don't know if any of you have heard of it, but it's called the United States Constitution. It says here...
Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution said:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Okay, so let's look at those enumerated powers:
Article I Section 8
...That includes the Amendments...
Subsequent Amendments
...Nope, I don't see anything here about conscription. Must be in the same part that covers Social Security, Medicare and the National Endowment for the Arts: THE IMAGINARY PART!!!! :bash:

Last edited:

King$nake

Banned
Personally I was enlisted in the Navy (DEP/SEAL C) in 2003 and the contract fell through. I am going to college and depending on what job opportunities I have after I graduate, chances are I will be joining the Marine Corps. and becoming an Officer with my Bachelor's.

As far as a draft goes, I would never be able to live with myself and I would not have any self-respect if I somehow tried to dodge the draft. I would go in pride and live or die I would know I am doing something noble for the USA.

In my opinion if you find some way to dodge the draft, you really do not deserve to live in this country.

You don't have to enlist out of free will but don't be a bitch and dodge the draft.

King$nake

Banned
Also, for you nay-sayers who say there will never be another Draft....open your eyes. Do you realize what kind of trouble our country is going to be in if Hillary is elected? There are too many ignorant liberals wanting her to be President.

I could rant on and on about the reality of the situation, but basically I will say this:

If Hillary wins, the Muslims and Terrorists WILL take over this country. It's a cold hard fact. There is already nearly enough Muslims in this country to start an attack from inside. In a few more years, there will be enough. And they all hate Americans.

People do not understand that terrorists in the Iraq and Afghanistan are all hoping for Hillary to win, so they can further exploit our open-door policy, freedom of religion (even if that religion is hell bent on killing innocent people and litterally blowing themselves up with small children so they can go to "heaven" and have sex with 72 virgins), acceptance of everyone, etc.

They are already using it against us, and they laugh at us behind our back. The problem is we have too many stupid liberals with too much power and they are driving us all into the ground, almost willingly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread