POLL: If the U.S. Imposed a Draft, would you Go?

If the U.S. Imposed a Draft, would you Go?

• Absolutely. I love my country!

Votes: 120 42.4%
  • No. I don't believe in fighting in the Middle East?

Votes: 29 10.2%
  • Maybe (Explain)

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Yes, but I'm too old.

Votes: 26 9.2%
  • Yes, but I have medical issues that would prevent it.

Votes: 33 11.7%
  • What's a Draft?

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • yes I would go if drafted but reluctantly

Votes: 26 9.2%
  • No, and I would oppose it. The draft is a direct slap in the face of liberty and freedom.

Votes: 34 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TJSwoboda

Established Member
There is already nearly enough Muslims in this country to start an attack from inside. In a few more years, there will be enough. And they all hate Americans.
Where are you getting this? Compare American Muslims to European Muslims. THOSE guys are whacked and out of control, in stark contrast to ours who simply have too much to lose. If American Muslims hated this country like you say they do, there would have been a lot more 9-11s. There are plenty in the country to start an attack from inside already.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not voting for Clinton or Obama because I want the federal government (a lot) smaller, not bigger. Our economy is on the verge of collapse anyway, and Ron Paul is the only one who stands a snowball's chance in hell of saving it if he's not removed (by Congress or assassination) first.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Our weak southern border is going to be our downfall. I read just within the last week or so that latino gangs were believed to be helping terrorists into our country even now. I don't know if its true or not, but I'd definitely say its plausible. Its hard to imagine an enemy that could consume us from the inside out.

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
:dw:

If Hillary wins, the Muslims and Terrorists WILL take over this country. It's a cold hard fact.

:lol: Hillary would be horrible for this country, but thats just funny. I think you need to adjust your tin foil hat.

Last edited:

King$nake

Banned
What part of your contract "fell through"?

Got in a little bit of trouble, broke terms of contract. Was told by a Master Chief to get and hold a job or go to school and get a degree and I would be able to re-enlist. I was DEP'd in with a SEAL Challenge Contract and blew it two months before shipping out.

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
Got in a little bit of trouble, broke terms of contract. Was told by a Master Chief to get and hold a job or go to school and get a degree and I would be able to re-enlist. I was DEP'd in with a SEAL Challenge Contract and blew it two months before shipping out.

Over 18 and broke the law? It happens. You could have lied. They may have caught it later, but chances are if you didn't spill the beans at M.O.T., you would have been okay. Either way, be happy you didn't go SEAL. I really felt bad for those boys at Coronado.:beer:

King$nake

Banned
Where are you getting this? Compare American Muslims to European Muslims. THOSE guys are whacked and out of control, in stark contrast to ours who simply have too much to lose. If American Muslims hated this country like you say they do, there would have been a lot more 9-11s. There are plenty in the country to start an attack from inside already.

Thats where the Bush Admnistration comes into play. We have no idea how many attacks have been adverted within our borders because of the appointed intelligence that we now have. Time will show Bush to be one of our greatest President's. Too bad there is a liberal media agenda in our country that would rather see our leader fall and our country go with it, than to see him succeed.

Hillary will be too soft and believe the whole "peace and harmony muslim" bit.

(This is all in a tiny, tiny, tiny nutshell)

King$nake

Banned
Over 18 and broke the law? It happens. You could have lied. They may have caught it later, but chances are if you didn't spill the beans at M.O.T., you would have been okay. Either way, be happy you didn't go SEAL. I really felt bad for those boys at Coronado.:beer:

The Police report and charges would have made the "lying" part a little difficult.

Like Night and Day from the way I used to be waaay back when

Glad I'm still alive and lived long enough to know God. Thats just me though =)

Last edited:

King$nake

Banned
Our weak southern border is going to be our downfall. I read just within the last week or so that latino gangs were believed to be helping terrorists into our country even now. I don't know if its true or not, but I'd definitely say its plausible. Its hard to imagine an enemy that could consume us from the inside out.

That is actually pretty accurate intel. Because of the mess in the Catholic Church in recent years, Catholicism is the #1 religious group converting to Islam right now. And a majority of Catholics are Latino

Last edited:

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
If Bush is such a great leader and our savior against Islamic terrorists, why is not doing anything to close our borders?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I would absolutely go; but would not be a foot soldier due to physical limitations and I'm the last of my bloodline.

King$nake

Banned
If Bush is such a great leader and our savior against Islamic terrorists, why is not doing anything to close our borders?

Seriously, think about it. Can you imagine the liberal opposition there would be if Bush tried to pull something like that? Because of the liberal power in this country our President has been limited to many many things. Heck if it wasn't for rules and "laws" from liberals, the war in Iraq would have been over in weeks, with very minimal US casualties. There are many sources on this, but you should read Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell. Very informative and a good read

Venom_Cobra

Venom_Cobra
Established Member
yes i would go but due to heart problems in my medical history they probobably wouldnt take me. Also i am going to be in law school in about a yr so tht would prevent it too.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
I'm already here but yes I would. I would gladly come. for you pansies. man up. if you were here and saw what these people deal with, you would never bitch about your meaningless spoiled little life ever again. because your not in fear for it every day. or for the lives of your children.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I'm already here but yes I would. I would gladly come. for you pansies. man up. if you were here and saw what these people deal with, you would never bitch about your meaningless spoiled little life ever again. because your not in fear for it every day. or for the lives of your children.

It has nothing to do with "manning up", and everything to do with principles. By the way, how is anyone elses life "meaningless" just because they choose another path in life than you did?

Rochard

Established Member
I am a third generation US Marine. Both my father and my grandfather died in combat as US Marines. I served my four years and I'm turning forty this year. I doubt the Marines would take me at this point.

When Japan attacked Perl Harbor the flood of young Americans signing up to defend it's country was staggering. Just as many people died on 9/11 when our country was attacked, but the youth of today's society would be way to inconvenienced if they joined the military and didn't bother. Someone mentioned the Constitution in this thread earlier; You can hide behind the Constitution all you want but if your country is invaded and destroyed by another country, well, your Constitution is pretty much worthless.

I'm currently reading a book called "All the way to Berlin" written by an officer in the Army Airborne. Germany didn't attack us, yet they went anyway. This is why they are called "The greatest generation". Today's society.... Not so much.

We should make military training required, like the Swiss do. We can make men out of kids, instead of kids who are only interested in their Ipods, cell phones, and video games.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
If Since I'm a Canadian so I'll give you my answer as an outsider looking in.

The reason the USA is hated by some other countries is their inability to mind their own ****ing business.

If your next door neighbor came over to impose his will on your household you would surely tell him to butt out.

If the USA would focus its attention on its own porous borders, homeland security, problems with drugs and violence it would do more for its citizens than pounding a hole in a sandbox.

The big mistake was made by GHW Bush during desert storm when he was justified in pushing all the way through Iraq to oust Saddam Hussein.

If it was done at that time he would have been seen as a liberator of the Iraqi people.

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
Seriously, think about it. Can you imagine the liberal opposition there would be if Bush tried to pull something like that? Because of the liberal power in this country our President has been limited to many many things.

I just think hes being a hypocrite and you need to lose the tin foil hat.

As to the draft, if you need to force people to fight a war, the war must not be worth it, and it totally undermines the little thing we call the Constitution.

Last edited:

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Someone mentioned the Constitution in this thread earlier; You can hide behind the Constitution all you want but if your country is invaded and destroyed by another country, well, your Constitution is pretty much worthless.

No one is "hiding" behind the constitution, but merely pointing out that government cannot do anything outside of the bounds set upon it by the constitution.

Every person who serves in the military takes an oath to support and defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. Maybe they should all educate themselves on exactly what that oath really means. That would require a thorough understanding of the constitution, the history of how it came into being, and a working knowledge of where government gets authority from, and how it is limited by that same constitution. That is what you serve to protect.

If you cut the constitution out as irrelevant, then you just threw out the very essence of what this nation was founded upon, and in so doing, render all the blood spilled by americans from the time of the revolution until now, as wasted.

A draft goes against the very nature of what the founders of this nation fought for, and instituted at the birth of the nation.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
I beg to differ sir. I work, live and play with iraqi's every single day...to say their lives are worse because we came here would be a lie. they know it, we know it. until you've served here and known what it is like for them. put a dirty sock in your dick warmer. to the Marine above, I salute you sir. your family has paid the ultimate sacrifice for the good of the country. you know this, I know this. no ones opinion will ever stray us from this. I am 21, and am in that "new generation" you speak of. and I agree with you, they are all nerds who worry when they get rained on. they know no real life as to sacrifice for a greater good. and just like he stated. we can only mind our own business for so long before it becomes a worry to the US. we waited too long in WW2. we should have been in it before harbor was hit. I have seen the pearl harbor memorial. I have seen a ship cry. I have been to ground zero in NY. I mourn all of our losses, I mourn every soldier that gives their lives for my, our, your freedom. if push comes to shove and canada is invaded. even though I would like to let you fight your own battle since we should keep our nose out of your business, we will be up there to fight back. we will liberate your asses. you guys don't have shit for a military, because your not worried cause you have big brother below you looking out for you. open your ****ing eyes and quit watching CNN and Dr. Phil, and Geraldo.

Users who are viewing this thread