Wives/Girlfriends' thoughts on your Terminator?

what does your girl think about your Terminator?

• Total voters

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Kinda stole this thread idea from SupraForums.com but with some of the responses and the differences i've seen from many of my friends' women, i'd like to see what the consensus is.

I'll go first:
When we first met, we were going through my garage and she asked what was under the car cover. I took the cover off and explained it was a Cobra.....she gave me a look like :dw: and said "sooooo it's a mustang?". She likes cars/racing, but she has very expensive taste. Took her to TX2K10 and when she saw SW's Gallardo she fell in love with it, that and C6Z's are really the only cars that got her attention. Didn't help that almost all of my friends who have Terminators have since sold them in favor of C6Z's and she likes to rib me about it and try to convince me to jump ship. I've gotten the question "soooo how much do you think you've spent on your car since you got it?" and "why can't you just leave it the way it is".
She likes racing, going fast, loud cars, etc......i just don't think the Cobra is her style. She just got into optometry school :rockon: so maybe she'll be able to fill the garage off her salary :coolman: (i've got NO problem having a sugar-momma)

What does your wife/girlfriend say about your Terminator

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
My wife loves/hates my cobra. Ive been told that im not buying anything else for the car for about 3 years now and told me not to race it but will go to every event and have a blast there.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
My woman digs the car, but makes it real hard for me for any upgrades. She drives it very well and looks so sexy doing so! She gets lots of looks and guys hollering at her in it.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
My g/f loves my car. She loves driving it as well, even though I hate sitting in the passenger seat.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
My wife says, its loud, it stinks, and it breaks a bunch. Lol, she likes it she just hates that I spend so much money on it. She'll get over it lol. This deployment she isnt as bad about it. Whatever I spend on the car she gets to spend on the baby so she's happy.

S.C.

Established Member
My wife puts up with it , she says '' you'll never get your money out of that car'' . Which I reply all the time I paid $25 for you :lol1:meaning marriage license, look how well that turned out married for 19 years.

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
My girlfriend loves the Cobra! I only get to ride with the top down when we're on the way home from where we were because it messes up her hair hahaha :banana: Shes tried to make me promise to not race it in the past, I say I will not promise because that's what I got it for! :rockon: One day I will teach her to drive it :D

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
My wife loves my car and loves that I have a car I love. She doesn't like when I spend loads of time going to events, modding, research, etc.

lgonz051

Established Member
My girlfriend loves it too. I don't let her drive it however. I let very few people drive it.

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
When I ordered mine my wife couldn't understand why I wanted something with that much horsepower. The day I bring it home we go for a cruise in it and I let her drive. She understands so well that she now has her own '96 Mystic Terminator. She's even saving up some money for some mods next year.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
When I ordered mine my wife couldn't understand why I wanted something with that much horsepower. The day I bring it home we go for a cruise in it and I let her drive. She understands so well that she now has her own '96 Mystic Terminator. She's even saving up some money for some mods next year.

'96 Mystic with Terminator swap????
post pics!

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
I have been married since I was 21(now 30). I have owned 18 cars and bikes since I was 16. In the 10 years that we have been together my wife has pretty much hated all of them. 7 of them have been mustangs, and I currently have 3...An 89 coupe drag project,a clean 89 GT and the cobra. My cars, trucks,bikes and racing have been a constant strain on my marriage. She tells me that I'm selfish for having a hobby that she just doesn't understand. I don't spend bill money on any of my cars. If I need money for my project I pick up an extra shift here and there but I still have plenty of time for her and my son. I tried twice to quit but it made me miserable. I know that my hobby might be the end of my marriage some day but its in my blood and is who I am so I have to do what I have to do and pass it on to my son:-D

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
*Puts up with the hobby, leaves you alone about it

Yet when I told her I was thinking about selling it, post transplant, she said no, I should keep it, because it still makes me happy and she likes cruising around with me in it.

Users who are viewing this thread