Love my Cobra to death but....

MedicMan

Established Member
So im not sure where to even start but here goes...

Ever since I had my old 97 Cobra years back I have wanted a 03-04. Looked at them non stop, planning all the mods etc...

6.jpg

Fast forward to today, I have a beautiful OW 03 Cobra with 20K on the clock, sits in the garage as a weekend driver. Purchased it bone stock 6 months ago. The car is literally flawless. I have over the last month added a JLT RAI and a Bassani catback. Now I have funds ready for a bassani X, pulley swap with all supporting mods, Amazon tune etc..

Now to my question, why do I continue to find myself looking at sportbikes and 4X4's??? I have my dream car but continue to stew about cars/bikes I have had in the past.

I miss my old FJ:

Sell9.gif

and I find myself looking at Jeep Rubicons and Land cruisers etc...

Also while my cobra is quick, I miss the acceleration of my old liter bikes. (last bike was a 2006 CBR 1KRR) I feel like the bikes have spoiled me???

Just venting here, I think I have a sickness. Truth be told im 27 and dont know if I will ever out grow this... :lol1: :bash:

Will the pulley swap make me feel any different??

Someone help me LOL!!

stangposse

Established Member
Wow man.....You're scaring me!! I'm looking at FJ's a lot too, I still have my liter bike but I still look at others and would love to get an '09-'11 R1 in addition. Please don't tell me you are scoping out 335i's too....cuz then that would be too strange!!

If you find a cure to this sickness, lemme know! :beer:

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
:shrug: My wife has a 328xi and I have a Tundra. I also have a Raptor 660.

The Cobra still blows all of that stuff away.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Very simple solution is available that still has acceleration but also other forces that will make you want to do it again and again and again.

Hey you know what? I still miss Ice Racing, but am I going to move back to New York??? Oh HELL NO!!!

I can almost guarantee that you have not tried doing this yet.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...cobra-getting-around-traffic-road-course.html

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ALG6pN_R0"]YouTube - Jimmysidecarr Takes a Lap Around MSR-H[/nomedia]

This is not a one trick pony. Check out the track vids by racebronco2 also.

MedicMan

Established Member
Very simple solution is available that still has acceleration but also other forces that will make you want to do it again and again and again.

I can almost guarantee that you have not tried doing this yet.

This is not a one trick pony. Check out the track vids by racebronco2 also.

Jimmy you know whats funny is im actually no stranger to the track. I have not had the Cobra over there but lets just say it has crossed my mind... :coolman:

My old 600 (I should have never sold this bike)

600rrnetoriginal.png

At Hallett just outside of Tulsa.
turn6.jpg

Last edited:

stal94gt

Established Member
keep the cobra, buy a used sport bike. they are affordable and most people dont ride them as often ss they think they will. continue to pay off the cobra and buy the suv you want. it takes time to get it all but in the end you have all your toys and are happy with everything

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
That's it! Now you can not sell the Cobra until you get some quality seat time!

It just would not be right! You have been on track so you know exactly what I'm taking about.

The adaptations are fairly minor and nothing that would compromise the street drive pleasure.

DO IT!!!

Do visit here also-> Open Track Racing - SVTPerformance :rockon::beer:

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Just venting here, I think I have a sickness. Truth be told im 27 and dont know if I will ever out grow this...

Someone help me LOL!![/QUOTE]

You will never out grow "this" :banana:

What a bummer :burnout:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
So im not sure where to even start but here goes...

Ever since I had my old 97 Cobra years back I have wanted a 03-04. Looked at them non stop, planning all the mods etc...

6.jpg

Fast forward to today, I have a beautiful OW 03 Cobra with 20K on the clock, sits in the garage as a weekend driver. Purchased it bone stock 6 months ago. The car is literally flawless. I have over the last month added a JLT RAI and a Bassani catback. Now I have funds ready for a bassani X, pulley swap with all supporting mods, Amazon tune etc..

Now to my question, why do I continue to find myself looking at sportbikes and 4X4's??? I have my dream car but continue to stew about cars/bikes I have had in the past.

I miss my old FJ:

Sell9.gif

and I find myself looking at Jeep Rubicons and Land cruisers etc...

Also while my cobra is quick, I miss the acceleration of my old liter bikes. (last bike was a 2006 CBR 1KRR) I feel like the bikes have spoiled me???

Just venting here, I think I have a sickness. Truth be told im 27 and dont know if I will ever out grow this... :lol1: :bash:

Will the pulley swap make me feel any different??

Someone help me LOL!!

Dont you know your cobra can be faster than most bikes/crotch rockets on the street? Put some REAL mods on that thing, and start REALLY enjoying it! These things are slow running stock boost/pulleys. I have smoked several bikes in my cobra, and all i have is a 2.8 upper, RAI, cat-back, and tune. Granted the bikes i beat were 600s...but still. The look on the bike riders face when they get spanked by a heavy ass car is priceless. :rockon:

jdgt03

Established Member
Do like i did, ive owned several sportbikes over the last few yrs and the last was an 07 zx14 that loves so much and was super fast, but ive wanted a 03-04 since the day they came out, so i finally found one last yr and jumped on it, but i got the itch for another sportbike also recently, so i bought a wrecked 05 zx10r from a salvage insurance auction and am in the process of fixing it, ill have a little over 3k in it and it will look as good as new. Alot cheaper than goin and buying one already done. Also do a pulley swap, tune, ect...and when you start outruning 600's you will feel alot better.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
+1 on Jimmysidecarr comment - open track racing. This interest me as well, I have a friend that has been doing this for years and loves it. He still enjoys the Drag strip, but is always saying its nothing compared to the open track. He's raced in formula-v's, corvettes, hondas, and mustangs. He said it doesnt really matter what he's driving on open track, its all good.

cobracide

Established Member
My conclusion is you are very fickle. To keep interested in one thing, you have to change it. Put an upper on, get excited about the project. Get a port and a lower or add a TS.

Or just sell it and wander off to the next thing that catches your eye.
:shrug:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Start driving the Cobra more, and you will remember why you wanted one for so long. Plus, adding the mods you have planned will make it even MORE fun to drive!

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread