How many race on here and how many dont.

What do you have your car with that much power for?

• Race?

Votes: 68 40.5%
  • Performance?

Votes: 76 45.2%
  • Show?

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Bragging?

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
I was just thinking about both ways of looking at something.Which way do you guys see it. The guys on here that have Whipple,Twin Turbo or KB Cars.

Do you have your cars setup that way for show?
Setup for bragging rights?
Setup for just the perfomance and feel of the power going whether it be on highways or just driving?
Setup for racing against other cars?

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
yeah the polling options aren't accurate

I don't race my car, i bought it to own a kick ass sleeperish muscle car that can handle anything you throw at it power wise and keep up with most anything on the streets.

I also bring it to a lot of show's.

dirtydave289

Established Member
If I had to choose one I would have to go with race. I don't take it to the track much and I don't really run on the street a whole lot. Not saying I won't though when the opportunity arrises.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
I guess I am just Performance category. Take it to some local meets and fool around on the street every chance I get

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
This car is all about my enjoyment.

Other cars will be faster or slower, that does not effect the fun I have when it's time to go.

My most fun car activity(open tracking) more often than not involves developing my driving skill, over getting my automotive rocks off. Though they are still connected.

Is it fun passing much more expensive cars that should be faster? Yes! But that is less about my car and more about how my driving has developed.

This is something I could accomplish in a Miata or a 2011 V6 Mustang just as easily, but away from the track out on the streets, those cars would just not be as fun as my 04. The brakes, tires and gas would be cheaper though.:-D

GoatSlayer

Banned
To put all the douchie camaro fanboys in their place, which is in my rear view mirror while i give them 3 fist pumps as well!

SVTDice

Established Member
I voted for performance, I do not race, Nor show, I may one day. But I'm with Jimmy on this one, I drive this car because I LOVE to drive it. Not to show off, Not to think I have the most badass car on the road. But its because I love the feel, The performance and the sound of it. It just happens this is a very eye catching car, Happen to have the ability to race, And the very open ability to brag about it. Its something I can get home from work and drive To relax, Just to cruise around and de-stress.

Anyways thats my .02 cents on the subject. I'd love to hear what everybody else has to say though!

mrose75

Established Member
I voted for performance, I do not race, Nor show, I may one day. But I'm with Jimmy on this one, I drive this car because I LOVE to drive it. Not to show off, Not to think I have the most badass car on the road. But its because I love the feel, The performance and the sound of it. It just happens this is a very eye catching car, Happen to have the ability to race, And the very open ability to brag about it. Its something I can get home from work and drive To relax, Just to cruise around and de-stress.

Anyways thats my .02 cents on the subject. I'd love to hear what everybody else has to say though!

BINGO!!! When I drive it I definitely will at some point feel better about whatever. It's like the blower sucks in sh!t, anger, stress, etc and let's it fly out the ass as a sweet exhaust note. I've been toying with the idea of getting a 2011 5.0 and realized I'd let that sit In the driveway and my beloved Cobra would reside in the comfort of my garage. My wife once asked me if we got divorced what would I want. My answer: the Cobra, my clothes and my son.

Not getting a 5.0 and I'd only want my clothes because when I leave my house after a divorce I'd have to put on clothes. My son goes without saying, as does the Cobra!!

Edit: I'm not twin screwed or Turbo'd and my ported Eaton isn't even on yet, but it'd still stay the same if I were.

Last edited by a moderator:

hiimdrummer03

Established Member

Man i could not agree with the post more.Exactly how i feel.

This car is all about my enjoyment.

Other cars will be faster or slower, that does not effect the fun I have when it's time to go.
My most fun car activity(open tracking) more often than not involves developing my driving skill, over getting my automotive rocks off. Though they are still connected.

Is it fun passing much more expensive cars that should be faster? Yes! But that is less about my car and more about how my driving has developed.

This is something I could accomplish in a Miata or a 2011 V6 Mustang just as easily, but away from the track out on the streets, those cars would just not be as fun as my 04. The brakes, tires and gas would be cheaper though.:-D
Totally agree.Although mines not hitting the track :)

I guess I am just Performance category. Take it to some local meets and fool around on the street every chance I get
Thats how i plan on doing.

Shows and just having a badass car

Exactly.
yeah the polling options aren't accurate

I don't race my car, i bought it to own a kick ass sleeperish muscle car that can handle anything you throw at it power wise and keep up with most anything on the streets.

I also bring it to a lot of show's.

I knThose are the words i was looking for :)

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
I got mine specifically so I COULD go to the track. I want to try opentrack. Other than that for doughnuts and sideways driving and boiled tires and headbanging stress relief.

StevemcQueen

SVT MVP
Established Member
Bought it to have fun. Maybe ill race it if the right opportunity presents itself. I'm going to be taking it to shows this spring and summer. Btw it's got a procharger f1a.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Just a plain pullied car, but I picked performance and if I had a twinscrew I'd still pick the same thing. I have a grin on my face everytime I drive it.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member

I honestly could not have put it any better (except I will run the 1/4 before parking at a show) because it is exactly how I feel every time I go for a drive in my Cobra. I am a driver and this is what I enjoy doing. The Cobra may not be the best in every performance category but sure does put a smile on my face!!!

KILRSVT

Established Member
I voted racing since I do Road Course once in a while...I like having the power ....ain't nothing like easing on the throttle after a turn and having guys tell they couldn't catch up or hang on. I don't think I'll have as much fun in a miata as I do in my car... Plus it's more challenging to drive ...But overall it's fun to have the performance

Users who are viewing this thread