How many race on here and how many dont.

What do you have your car with that much power for?

• Race?

Votes: 68 40.5%
  • Performance?

Votes: 76 45.2%
  • Show?

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Bragging?

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
The main reason I picked up my car is to have a helluva street car that can hold it's own on the drag strip. It can be daily-driven when necessary, but for me it's just a toy.

-Eric

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
All of the above. Most anything halfway fast wont mess with it. The few times I have got on it have been on empty road with just me in the car. 98% of the time I am driving like a grandma, and making everybody around me feel like a peon.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
i couldnt select more than one so i picked race. but i bought my car for the looks and the ability to take it to the track and run it any time i wanted without having to worry about breaking all the time. i agree with the blower just sucking everything bad in the day out and shooting it out the exaust.

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
I got the car because I can drive it 9 hours from san diego to sacramento raceway, click off a 11 sec pass with 2500 in mods, come back to san diego with the AC on, wash it and enter it into a show...all while getting 21 mpg and lookin badass with absolutely NO drama

believe me, ive done it before :)

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
If your into the track thing i could see racing.Although racing cars,your more likely to break.Not a fan of fixing expensive things when they break because of abusing.

chitowncobra

Established Member
i pretty much love the attention i get from people!!also i love racing my car on a rare occasion!! i get nothing but thumbs up all the time,it still is amazing to me this car being already going on 9 years old the compliments i get!! they love the sound and the way the car looks!! its still looks brand new!! i never knew the day i bought this car new 9 years ago it would give me this much fun!!( i truly believe these terminators are going to be a timeless classic 1 day, as it is evident now with these cars only had a 2 year run verse the GT500s and now the 2011 5.0!!Ford hit a home run with this car/ and of course John Coletti for President!! just my 0.02 cents!!:beer::beer:

Last edited:

haskett

Established Member
With this much power and with this good of handling, the ONLY way to fully utilize those capabilities are on the racetrack. Let's face the fact that we can only use half the power on the street. As for looks, it's a good-looking new edge Mustang, but there other generations of Mustangs out there that look better.

That's my two cents. :)

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
i pretty much love the attention i get from people!!also i love racing my car on a rare occasion!! i get nothing but thumbs up all the time,it still is amazing to me this car being already going on 9 years old the compliments i get!! they love the sound and the way the car looks!! its still looks brand new!! i never knew the day i bought this car new 9 years ago it would give me this much fun!!( i truly believe these terminators are going to be a timeless classic 1 day, as it is evident now with these cars only had a 2 year run verse the GT500s and now the 2011 5.0!!Ford hit a home run with this car/ and of course John Coletti for President!! just my 0.02 cents!!:beer::beer:

Exactly man.I get thumbs up all the time now.Also people stare like its a racecar :)

Last edited:

Spoolx

Established Member
The poll is confusing.

If I like to race should I put "Bragging?" or what... I dont think you should have put question marks.

cobracide

Established Member
What do you have your car with that much power for?
[ ] Race?
[ ] Performance?
[ ] Show?
[ ] Bragging?
[x] ALL of the above : )

Digital

Established Member
I'd say def racing. I had a serious issue with being really fast, to the tune of almost 20 grand a year in parts. Now it's more about longevity and performance vs being the fastest.

03_Cobra_Coy

AWESOMENESS
Established Member
I voted for performance, I do not race, Nor show, I may one day. But I'm with Jimmy on this one, I drive this car because I LOVE to drive it. Not to show off, Not to think I have the most badass car on the road. But its because I love the feel, The performance and the sound of it. It just happens this is a very eye catching car, Happen to have the ability to race, And the very open ability to brag about it. Its something I can get home from work and drive To relax, Just to cruise around and de-stress.

Anyways thats my .02 cents on the subject. I'd love to hear what everybody else has to say though!

i agree with everything you said. and plus street racing tickets are really expensive. after that if another car tries to race me i just laugh.

nooner

Established Member
When I tell people how much power my car had, or will have once I get done with my new Whippled engine, they inevitably ask what do you need that much power for? For a long time I struggled with a good answer to that question. :shrug:

Race? No, I don't race.

Performance? Well, sure, but if I don't race, where can I actually use all that "performance"? ...legally?

Show? Yeah, I show it, but ridiculous amounts of power isn't required for a good show car.

Bragging? When I joined a car club I learned that bragging rights is the only excuse I need to justify that much power! :rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread