How many race on here and how many dont.

What do you have your car with that much power for?

• Race?

Votes: 68 40.5%
  • Performance?

Votes: 76 45.2%
  • Show?

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Bragging?

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

black 10th vert

Established Member
I never race my car, mostly just for cruising, and the occasional cruise night/show. I build cars specifically for my own entertainment, and not to impress others, though. That is one of the reasons I eventually sold my '65 Cobra replica. It was a gorgeous, cool sounding, and extremely fast car, but drew way more attention than I cared for. To me it was fun at first getting all the questions everytime I so much as stopped for gas, but after awhile, I found myself only wanting to cruise with it after dark, so I could enjoy it on the back roads without all the fanfare. This car is definitely a lot more stealth, because the only people that will ask about it are usually true car guys, because they know what it is. To everyone else it's just another nice Mustang. I went through the engine mods step, by step, so that I could enjoy each and every improvement along the way. That being said, I'm finally going Whipple, and I can't wait! Every year brings a new change to keep my excitement, and anticipation there!:rockon:

Last edited:

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
As i mentioned i agree with have a musclecar,driving and having a badass sleeperish car.Some of my friends thing its rediculous i have such a beast and dont race.

Spoolx

Established Member
I think its pretty lame to have a 5-600hp car and never race it, but thats just me.

rudycobra

Established Member
Deff. Race every chance I get ! Something bout the feeling and the look on other peoples face after u just smoked their ass ! No offense to some but wats the point of having all the power if don't race . U can have 600 + hp on street and if u can't hook then u loose and theirs no point . Sometimes I feel like it's just a hp war ! Just cause people have 700 hp doesn't mean they are gonna beat u . I wanna get mine to 500 then think that's it . Any more on street is almost pointless unless racing 60-150 which I don't do

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Racing is just too much fun not to do it. It's even better when you have a group of close friends that run similar ET's and update the combos each off season to "compete" with each other. That's the most fun for me. Nothing like a little friendly crap talk between friends to make it more interesting. Parts will break, but you know that going in. That is why you take the if it breaks, replace it with better parts mentality. I'm getting the itch to run as we speak. Only 8 more days!!!

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
how can you not race a car that was specifically designed from ford to be raced?

you dont wanna break stuff? you cashed out at least 20k for your cobra, whats a 400 dollar part in comparison to a few months of racing and enjoyment

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
Stress relief, enjoyment purposes, racing (street, track, doesnt matter to me)

the whole reason I have spent the 10k that I have in parts on this car is for sheer enjoyment and the conquest on the 10 second/135mph trap car lol

Not to mention its badass, who wouldnt want a terminator?

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
For those of you who have never went down(or around :D) a track.

You should at least do it ONCE.

:beer:

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
Deff. Race every chance I get ! Something bout the feeling and the look on other peoples face after u just smoked their ass ! No offense to some but wats the point of having all the power if don't race . U can have 600 + hp on street and if u can't hook then u loose and theirs no point . Sometimes I feel like it's just a hp war ! Just cause people have 700 hp doesn't mean they are gonna beat u . I wanna get mine to 500 then think that's it . Any more on street is almost pointless unless racing 60-150 which I don't do

Your saying just cause you have over 600hp you cant hook?
Also take your car at 500hp and go against a KB car and see what happens.

how can you not race a car that was specifically designed from ford to be raced?

you dont wanna break stuff? you cashed out at least 20k for your cobra, whats a 400 dollar part in comparison to a few months of racing and enjoyment

1.Cars are worth that so why does that mean you need to race?
2.Also when you have as much money as some do on the cars in upgrades,you only wish that if it breaks it was 400 in parts.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Some might consider Open Track racing, technically it is not.

The car doesn't know the difference, and the Adrenalin levels are not much different.

But the paint and body can tell.:-D
No rubbin = much cheaper than actual racing.

rudycobra

Established Member
No some can but wen u get to 600 gonna b lot harder to hook on the street . Thats y everyone wants and gotta start from roll . I'd race one anyday ! If loose oh well ! I'm not scared to loose ESP to car with way more hp . Lots of people on here sigs. say 600 and 1/4 mile in the 12s ??? No point in owning a bad ass car if not gonna race it

nooner

Established Member
I think its pretty lame to have a 5-600hp car and never race it, but thats just me.
You can still have fun without racing someone. It can be fun taking that on-ramp onto the freeway, the rear tires at the edge of adhesion as you come around the corner, trading lateral grip for forward bite as the car straightens out and you smoothly merge into 80 mph traffic. Or it can be fun dropping it into 3rd and tromping on it to pass those 3 cars ahead that refuse to pass that RV when the way is clear. Or it can be fun pulling out and feathering the throttle to minimize wheelspin as you merge into traffic, looking over to grin at the wide eyes and open mouths of the people in the car next to you as you match their speed in just a few seconds.

That's whats nice about having so much power. You have all that you need. You have so much available you have to finesse the gas pedal, not just mash it all the time. And just because we don't race it doesn't mean we never have. Besides, if you were going to buy a Cobra, would you want to buy one that was regulary raced? I think most people would not, so why would you want to own one that was regularly raced? But thats just me. :poke:

No, that's not really me. And I know plenty of you do own cars that are regularly raced, and are fine with that, but I hope I made my point. Everyone is different. I would race on a road course given the opportunity, but convertibles without roll bars aren't accepted for racing in most places and I am NOT putting a roll bar in my vert. :)

Last edited:

SVTFAN09

...its it fast?
Established Member
I modded my car for my personal preference basically to sound good and look good, however if someone steps outta line i have no problem racing them...well sometimes.

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
I modded my car for my personal preference basically to sound good and look good, however if someone steps outta line i have no problem racing them...well sometimes.

Thats sounds like most racing i would think.Constant racing= abuse.So more unneccessary to spend.

You can still have fun without racing someone. It can be fun taking that on-ramp onto the freeway, the rear tires at the edge of adhesion as you come around the corner, trading lateral grip for forward bite as the car straightens out and you smoothly merge into 80 mph traffic. Or it can be fun dropping it into 3rd and tromping on it to pass those 3 cars ahead that refuse to pass that RV when the way is clear. Or it can be fun pulling out and feathering the throttle to minimize wheelspin as you merge into traffic, looking over to grin at the wide eyes and open mouths of the people in the car next to you as you match their speed in just a few seconds.

That's whats nice about having so much power. You have all that you need. You have so much available you have to finesse the gas pedal, not just mash it all the time. And just because we don't race it doesn't mean we never have. Besides, if you were going to buy a Cobra, would you want to buy one that was regulary raced? I think most people would not, so why would you want to own one that was regularly raced? But thats just me. :poke:

No, that's not really me. And I know plenty of you do own cars that are regularly raced, and are fine with that, but I hope I made my point. Everyone is different. I would race on a road course given the opportunity, but convertibles without roll bars aren't accepted for racing in most places and I am NOT putting a roll bar in my vert. :)

I totaly agree.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Is it ok to brag about a 10 second, trophy winning vert that will outperform most cars on the road? :shrug:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Thanks for the comments. I'm not much into bragging, but I'm pretty pleased with the way the car has turned out. Lots of trial and error and I sure didn't build it to make others happy.

P.S. to racerat, your 03 is SICK! Nice drag times too! What power is that thing putting down?!
Around 700. She's a bit on the portly side at 4200lbs. Those times are with an idle launch, 17" drag radials and lazy shifting. I prefer to drive to and FROM the track. LOL

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
So you saying your car is a pos? From what i have heard, and going by your username and profile, your the same guy. All you do is buy cars with lots of power for bragging rights, which is fine and all, except when you talk trash. I have heard all you do is talk trash to other people, say your car has more money in mods than others and that you can beat all these people and when someone calls you out all you do is poos out. Buy a car with lots of power, never race it, never get on it, drive under the speed limit and im fine with that. Just dont talk trash about others cars and other members cars and say your better than them and faster than them but you wont ever prove it. I think its time you start backing up all your sh*t talk or shut the f*ck up.

Sorry i dont put anyones car down.Never have never will.I havent said i could beat anyone.If i mess with anyone they understand as i let them know.

as other posts have said i havent bashed any members.Look at my post.

Well guess it doesnt matter obviously its jealousy.You wouldnt know i have commented others as jimmyssidecar has stated.

You wont see that since you have been a member for two days.

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
So you saying your car is a pos? From what i have heard, and going by your username and profile, your the same guy. All you do is buy cars with lots of power for bragging rights, which is fine and all, except when you talk trash. I have heard all you do is talk trash to other people, say your car has more money in mods than others and that you can beat all these people and when someone calls you out all you do is poos out. Buy a car with lots of power, never race it, never get on it, drive under the speed limit and im fine with that. Just dont talk trash about others cars and other members cars and say your better than them and faster than them but you wont ever prove it. I think its time you start backing up all your sh*t talk or shut the f*ck up.

Spend some money go fast.More chance to break.
Spend more money on reliabilty.Dont go as fast.
Spend even more money go faster and when you do break.Its alot more money.

Things break.Doesnt matter when they have that much money in them.Especially when these cars were not intended for this much power.Then again high performance race cars never break.

Users who are viewing this thread