How many race on here and how many dont.

What do you have your car with that much power for?

• Race?

Votes: 68 40.5%
  • Performance?

Votes: 76 45.2%
  • Show?

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Bragging?

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spoolx

Established Member
So post him talking shit or gtfo... I don't like it when people spend a ton of money making power only because they want Dyno numbers to brag about, unfortunately I am learning that most people that build their cars never race em so as long as they are cool peeps I just deal with it.

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
Im friends with some people who know you, and they want to race you because all you do is talk sh*t and never back it up. They are not jealous of you and none of of them like mustangs. So why would they be jealous of you? Ill gladly copy and paste all the trash you talk on facebook and how you put down others card on there, for everyone here to see. So you may want to rethink what you've said about never doing any of that because all most every post I have seen on there from you is either you talking trash and not backing it up or, putting down others cars.

Make a fake name and come on here.your a big man hiding behind computer.

SVTFAN09

...its it fast?
Established Member
i got the car because i can drive it 9 hours from san diego to sacramento raceway, click off a 11 sec pass with 2500 in mods, come back to san diego with the ac on, wash it and enter it into a show...all while getting 21 mpg and lookin badass with absolutely no drama

believe me, ive done it before :)
^ dam

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
You better be freaking done! because the ban hammer is poised and ready.:nonono:

Jimmy its cool.Im glad you captioned it.The going on is over after this.Then lets mods this thread after he responds.Also i delete this one when hes seen it since he obviously has me confused.

Heres your proof "why?"

This is the link and insert from where you got that from. Notice the name Travis Sparks. Which is not my name.

Its the 34th post down at this link.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...php?story_fbid=10150104298396939&id=510601938

The status update about owning dream car.

Travis Sparks LMAO....kids are funny...not enough power difference??? its 10hp per 100lbs....the camaro weighs 3600 and a sti weighs what???? 3200 maybe..means id only have to have 40 more hp...but its funny..i like getting you kids all worked up over your "fast cars"

Last edited:

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
This car is all about my enjoyment.

Other cars will be faster or slower, that does not effect the fun I have when it's time to go.

My most fun car activity(open tracking) more often than not involves developing my driving skill, over getting my automotive rocks off. Though they are still connected.
thats same here :rockon:

i open track, auto-x , drag race , car shows & cruise inn`s i also daily drove mine for 2yrs but now i have a d.d. so it only comes out on nice days or the events i described above

mach1033

Established Member
No some can but wen u get to 600 gonna b lot harder to hook on the street . Thats y everyone wants and gotta start from roll . I'd race one anyday ! If loose oh well ! I'm not scared to loose ESP to car with way more hp . Lots of people on here sigs. say 600 and 1/4 mile in the 12s ??? No point in owning a bad ass car if not gonna race it

I did my 1/4 mile time on street tires spinning right to 4th. Lets just say that when I went and put on DR's I was kicked off the track and I was forced to spectate lol. I have a vert and no cage as of yet. Also there are members that lie about what they make by about 200hp. How do I know you ask? Cause I raced one member with a mach 1 that only made "495" hp to my 588 at the time and he walked on me lol. I raced my buddy that I knew for a fact made 476 and I walked on him so someone is lying and it aint my driving lol.

black 10th vert

Established Member
You can still have fun without racing someone. It can be fun taking that on-ramp onto the freeway, the rear tires at the edge of adhesion as you come around the corner, trading lateral grip for forward bite as the car straightens out and you smoothly merge into 80 mph traffic. Or it can be fun dropping it into 3rd and tromping on it to pass those 3 cars ahead that refuse to pass that RV when the way is clear. Or it can be fun pulling out and feathering the throttle to minimize wheelspin as you merge into traffic, looking over to grin at the wide eyes and open mouths of the people in the car next to you as you match their speed in just a few seconds.

That's whats nice about having so much power. You have all that you need. You have so much available you have to finesse the gas pedal, not just mash it all the time. And just because we don't race it doesn't mean we never have. Besides, if you were going to buy a Cobra, would you want to buy one that was regulary raced? I think most people would not, so why would you want to own one that was regularly raced? But thats just me. :poke:

No, that's not really me. And I know plenty of you do own cars that are regularly raced, and are fine with that, but I hope I made my point. Everyone is different. I would race on a road course given the opportunity, but convertibles without roll bars aren't accepted for racing in most places and I am NOT putting a roll bar in my vert. :)

^ very well stated, and sums up my sentiments on owning this car perfectly!:beer:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I don't track it, but am used to having a badass DD, (last one 95gt w/687rwhp), and to smoke an occasional vette /maro :)

Sent with Riddla's massive johnson

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I have raced my 1990 GT but not the Cobra. I really have not had the opportunity to. The 2nd year after I bought it FFW shut its doors and that was the only time I ever made it to a track. The closest ones around here are 3 - 4 hours away.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I don't have a KB or whipple yet, so I didn't vote. But to be honest I dont race mine anyways. I barely drive it and when I do I don't really drive it too hard. Don't get me wrong I like to feel the power every once in a while but typically I'm satisfied just knowing its there. Eventually I will make it to the track though and see what she has in her.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I enjoy turning wrenches and working on the cobra just as much as I do driving her. It is nice to reap the rewards and performance of countless hours building my car from the ground up...it feels fulfilling [probably also why I am an engineer, lol]

So I would say the closest option would be 'performance'..there is no substitute :]

Users who are viewing this thread