Noob on the Termi side.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I've been on the SN95 Cobra forum for awhile now. I bought a Termi Vert about 2 weeks ago. See these threads:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/sn95-cobras-24/745563-newbie.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/sn95-cobras-24/759927-2-stable.html

The owner bought it and had it for a year. He bought it with all the mods done. Thank god because he installed a flowmaster catback on it to quieten it down and installed it upside down. So he didn't know what all the mods were. He just drove it. Mods I have found on the car: BBK long tubes, 4# lower, 3.1 upper, spec 3 clutch, high flow cat midpipe, brake rotors, SCT maf, short throw, QAI shocks, red Diff brace, Eibach springs. The blower may be ported. It's loud and I can tell the bolts have been taken off before. I need to pull it and find out.

So heres the thing. I need to go thru this car bit by bit to make sure it is running 100% correct. I've made a little short list of things to check and I want your opinions:
1) See if blower is ported
2) See if there is a KB BAP on it
3) Stock injectors?
4) Evenflow mod done?
5) IC pump working?
6) Pull the ECU and see what chip is in it. Guy didn't know
7) Pull plugs and install new ones
8) change oil
9) put oil in diff for now...small leak...this will get me by til I have time to pull it and reseal it. Work has he swamped right now.

Isn't there a mod to the spark plug threads? How can I tell if that has been done. What other safety/must do mods should I see if it has? Right now the fans are always on. I am sure that was just done in the tune.

thanks in advance,
Aric

Blueline

Established Member
1) See if blower is ported Should be engraved in the front of the blower, either posi, steg etc.. should not have to remove it to verify. Call the company and give them the serial number engraved on the blower and they should be able to tell you what port was done.

3) Stock injectors? Are they blue? If not what color

4) Evenflow mod done? If the Evenflow mod was done, you should see the fitting in the upper radiator hose where the cooling mod tees into. If the one behind the head was performed, you should be able to squeeze a flashlight b/n firewall and engine behind driverside head and see. You are looking for a black fitting with a hose going to the passenger side head.

5) IC pump working? Bring the vehicle up to operating temp and open the IC tank. You should be able to see fluid moving. However, this does not guarantee it will work at all times, these pumps go bad often.

6) Pull the ECU and see what chip is in it. Guy didn't know. You could pull it to see if there is a chip installed.

7) Pull plugs and install new ones. I would pull them to check them, If they look ok you can leave them, if not change them.. up to you.

8) change oil.. ok

9) put oil in diff for now...small leak...this will get me by til I have time to pull it and reseal it. Work has he swamped right now. Ok a small hand held pump will work great for this.

Isn't there a mod to the spark plug threads? How can I tell if that has been done. When you pull the plugs try to look down and see the thread count. either 4 or 9.

What other safety/must do mods should I see if it has? Right now the fans are always on. I am sure that was just done in the tune.

thanks in advance,
Aric[/QUOTE]

:rockon: Goodluck!

Last edited:

earico

Established Member
Thanks for the reply! The injectors that are on it are black.

earico

Established Member
Well the eaton is not engraved. Maybe it had a KB or whipple on it once and the owner decided to sell it with the stock eaton.

I'll pull the fuel hat then and see what pumps are in it. I looked in the trunk and didn't see a BAP. I doubt it would have 60s and stock pumps or is that common?

Here's a injector photo:
DSC03576.jpg

Last edited:

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Thats either a 55 ( i think ) or a 60... I would get the car on the dyno and check the air/fuel if you have no info on the car.

earico

Established Member
Beautiful car Bro. Congrats!

Rule number 1 though, please don't call it a "Termi". :beer:

Thanks.

LMAO Sorry. Why will Cap'n Jimmy make me walk the plank?

Or worse....spank me with his Whipple?

;-)

Last edited:

Terminated03

Established Member
Was this car in an accident and/or totaled? I remember seeing this one on eBay a few weeks ago, but it had an accident listed in the history.

earico

Established Member
Was this car in an accident and/or totaled? I remember seeing this one on eBay a few weeks ago, but it had an accident listed in the history.

Yep that's it. It was on Ebay twice. Didn't hit reserve either time. 1st time it hit around $14,500 but his reserve was too high. I called him 5 minutes after it didn't hit reserve the second time and worked out a deal on the phone. I flew to Tuscon for $150 and looked at it. He had a lift at his place so I was under it for awhile. It was hit in the rear. I think it was a sandwich job because of the aftermarket fenders. Everything was straight and replaced proper. Radiator support and etc are perfect. Drives straight as a arrow when you let go of the wheel. It's a Salvage/Restored title.

I bought it to have fun with. I work from home so it's not a DD car. Got it for $13.5k For all the mods it has and 60k miles thats a deal for a fun car. The great part is that if I break something I'm not out a lot of $$$$

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
Beautiful car Bro. Congrats!

Rule number 1 though, please don't call it a "Termi". :beer:

+1000

no, no, NOOOO. :bash:

1st push away from the realm that is noob-dom... DO NOT call your car a "termi." you WILL catch mad crap from some of the older members of this forum. I speak from experience.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a beautiful Terminator vert. Congratulations. I think you did well on the price. And it was great that you were able to check it out on a lift before you made your final decision. Good job!

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
The fenders and side skirts gotta go tho. The stockers look MUCH better!

Looks like someone jacked the SVT plate off of the engine (that sucks!!). The "hand built with pride"- Then engraved with the 2 signatures to the team that built that particular car.

Congrats on the purchase tho! these are really fun cars! You're going to love er'!

earico

Established Member
Thanks for the nice comments guys. I do want to get some OEM side skirts ASAP. The fenders have grown on me a little...

My car also already had these subframes on it:

HansRace_Products_Subframes.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread