twin screw guys....... how does it feel?

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
So if you have upgraded to a twin screw (I don't care what it is KB, Whipple, 2.2, 2.3, etc. etc.) I would like to hear your stories about the first time you got to do a hard pull after the install and how it felt and how hard it felt / feels like when its pushing you back into the seat. All I am running is a ported Eaton with a 2.76 making 476 whp and my car feels "alright" I guess but I wish I knew what the pull of 550 + felt like. So take a trip back, post up and brag a bit guys.:thumbsup:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
LOL I don't have a Twin screw but I've beaten a few so I can post.. It feels like the first time you stick your big D in a wet and warm and tight V.. That is all lol.. It's effing awesome man.. the raw power is sooo sick

mach1033

Established Member
I went from a NA Mach 1 to a 2.3 whipple cobra. Granted it was with the stock pulley but man oh man what a rush when I stepped on it!!!! :burnout:

cobracide

Established Member
So if you have upgraded to a twin screw (I don't care what it is KB, Whipple, 2.2, 2.3, etc. etc.) I would like to hear your stories about the first time you got to do a hard pull after the install and how it felt and how hard it felt / feels like when its pushing you back into the seat. All I am running is a ported Eaton with a 2.76 making 476 whp and my car feels "alright" I guess but I wish I knew what the pull of 550 + felt like. So take a trip back, post up and brag a bit guys.:thumbsup:

You got 25 to 50hp left in that Eaton, come on! Get a TB/Plenum/Tune.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i went from a stock cobra with stock eaton pulley ... to a 600 rwhp whipple setup

on the way home from the tuner i got on it around 70mph in 3rd gear and went through 3rd and 4th to around 120 ... i was :banana: :-D :dancenana: so much

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
It's a pretty awesome feeling the first few times...unfortunately I'm used to it now.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
To be honest i was a little dissapointed. I went from a 02 V6 Auto Mustang to a stock pullied eaton w/ some supporting mods and I was just blown away at how fast it was!

I thought i would have had the same reaction with the new blower adding like 150rwhp/trq... I just thought it would have thrown me back a little harder. I love the new setup though!!!

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
It's a pretty awesome feeling the first few times...unfortunately I'm used to it now.

Thats what I'm afraid of! I know it'll happen eventually though, I just can't wait to install the KB. Funny thing is my wife rode in a 2.3 whippled cobra and I still haven't rode in a TS cobra...kinda backwards (she was filming a race with Zyborg.)

2FNFAST

Shinin' and Whinin'
Established Member
Went from a 2.2 Kb 2v last fall to a 3.4 whipple 4v... Uhh Yeah. I have some traction practice to do.. :rockon:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Freight Train..[/QUOTE
+1

I went from a h/c/i 1995 cobra that I thought was fast (16yr - 21yrs). Now I've stepped my game up, the guy I bought it from drove it with me riding shotgun and I instantly fell in love. To this day (almost 9 months later of daily driving) it still puts a smile on my face. If you can afford it do it.

evil 03

THE 700 CLUB
Established Member
I went with my eaton at 575rwhp and jump to 751rwhp and it felt like a whole new car, breaking the tires loose at a 90mph it's a little scary

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
It's an awesome feeling. I compare the feeling when I went from a stock Terminator to an Upper Pullied/Tune Terminator, X100

my98stang46

Established Member
When I had a KB on my lightning the first time I stepped down on it I screamed like a little bitch from excitement! It's a rush no doubt. To me the power felt more linear as opposed to just pulling up top. There was power under the curve

Users who are viewing this thread