twin screw guys....... how does it feel?

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
it feels good. it's the best when you don't warn your passenger... They freak out lol

^^^^Jesus christ man! Your making that power with a 2.2L!? That is impressive. I wish I could get E85 around here. Actually I can't wait to see one of these 2.9L whipples on an E85 tune.

Keep em coming guys. I love hearing everyones intepretation of "the feeling" LoL.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Here's a couple of old videos i put together which show a shot of the speedo with a count timer..

The first one is from stock to pullied.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHKWorX76x0"]YouTube - FAsnakes Dyno @ Racers Edge Tuning /Corvette vs Cobra Speedo[/nomedia]

The second one is with the whipple.. You can compare the times.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6tdhGlLetA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]YouTube - 2003 Mustang Cobra Debut[/nomedia]

Just skip near the end for the speedo shots.

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
Pretty sweet feeling. But I went from pullied and all bolt ons, unported eaton, to KB 2.4. And now it's a fully built auto/SRA Twin 70MM Turbo monster.

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
Broski... I have it covered.. 2.9L sittin in my livingroom right now... just to F'ing broke to buy all the supporting mods for it:cryying:

You and me both brother... Except my dad kinda messed with my car and tore up the motor.. I didnt have an MMR1000SE motor in the budget. Gaskets and labor for this car is a MF. :cryying:

But you live and you learn :rolling:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
best way i can describe it is that with a pullied eaton the car feels like the car is being pushed from behind, but with a twin screw car you feel like the car is lifted off the ground and being pulled from the front HARD!
sounds like a weird description but you'll understand when you drive one....

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
2.2KB before the turbo swap.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMcn78R4Z0I"]YouTube - sonic blue termi tunnel run[/nomedia]

liedenfrost

Established Member
Take a ride in one, and it will ruin you and make you upgrade to a twinscrew. My ported eaton car feels like I am dragging an anchor, or left the parking brake on after taking a ride in an E85/2.3 Whipple car.

Termin8rRob

Established Member
I just got my 03 termi last December and I did not know what I had got myself into, about 2 weeks after I got it my cousin was nagging me to take him for a ride so after all the crying and whining I took him for a cruise, we were on the freeway coasting when he told me to punch it, I put it in fourth and punched it...now remember I was in fourth doing about 70... Damn did I screw that up, tires broke lose and I headed towards the median, avoided that then went towards a truck that had just passed me... Luckily I straightened the car out, I nearly died cause I didn't know the power the car had....damnnn

-2.3 Whipple charger 140ax 3.0 pulley (car makes @16 lbs of boost)
-Crower Stage 3 cams
-FRPP 373 rear gears
-KB BAP with all supporting fuel mods
-aftermarket idler pulleys
-Accufab single blade throttle body
-BBK long tube headers
-Custom catted X pipe
-Magnaflow cat back
-Full length Subframe connectors
-FR500's black with polished lip (knock offs) 315's out back
-Tri-ax shifter
-Liberty 26 spline input shaft
-Centerforce DFX clutch (light slipping in 4th)
-Corbeau CR1 seats
-Simpson 5 pt. seat harness
-4pt. bolt in cage
-rear seat delete

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
To be honest i was a little dissapointed. I went from a 02 V6 Auto Mustang to a stock pullied eaton w/ some supporting mods and I was just blown away at how fast it was!

I thought i would have had the same reaction with the new blower adding like 150rwhp/trq... I just thought it would have thrown me back a little harder. I love the new setup though!!!

well, a pullied Eaton will probably pull as hard down low (or harder) than a twin screw.. it's not till you get over about 4000 rpm, and run into the inefficency of the "heaton" that the better design of the twin screw takes over.

mach1033

Established Member
I just got my 03 termi last December and I did not know what I had got myself into, about 2 weeks after I got it my cousin was nagging me to take him for a ride so after all the crying and whining I took him for a cruise, we were on the freeway coasting when he told me to punch it, I put it in fourth and punched it...now remember I was in fourth doing about 70... Damn did I screw that up, tires broke lose and I headed towards the median, avoided that then went towards a truck that had just passed me... Luckily I straightened the car out, I nearly died cause I didn't know the power the car had....damnnn

-2.3 Whipple charger 140ax 3.0 pulley (car makes @16 lbs of boost)
-Crower Stage 3 cams
-FRPP 373 rear gears
-KB BAP with all supporting fuel mods
-aftermarket idler pulleys
-Accufab single blade throttle body
-BBK long tube headers
-Custom catted X pipe
-Magnaflow cat back
-Full length Subframe connectors
-FR500's black with polished lip (knock offs) 315's out back
-Tri-ax shifter
-Liberty 26 spline input shaft
-Centerforce DFX clutch (light slipping in 4th)
-Corbeau CR1 seats
-Simpson 5 pt. seat harness
-4pt. bolt in cage
-rear seat delete

With great power comes an even greater responsibility. You have to learn to respect what you have. It's not like having a 300hp car where you punch it and nothing happens lol.

ruthless

Established Member
well, a pullied Eaton will probably pull as hard down low (or harder) than a twin screw.. it's not till you get over about 4000 rpm, and run into the inefficency of the "heaton" that the better design of the twin screw takes over.

Sorry but I am going to disagree. Even is you over spin the hell out of a ported eaton its not going to hang.

Here is how my race when down with a built engine ported eaton car. We were on the highway heading to a big car show when we wanted to play. He started a gear lower than me. He got the punch and held a car on me for a few seconds and then it was lights out even with him WOT shifting. We where just screwing around so I didnt bother down shifting but for a twin screw to make up a gear and still pull on a car is unreal. He was pushing 500 and I was at around 600 at the wheel.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Sorry but I am going to disagree. Even is you over spin the hell out of a ported eaton its not going to hang.

Here is how my race when down with a built engine ported eaton car. We were on the highway heading to a big car show when we wanted to play. He started a gear lower than me. He got the punch and held a car on me for a few seconds and then it was lights out even with him WOT shifting. We where just screwing around so I didnt bother down shifting but for a twin screw to make up a gear and still pull on a car is unreal. He was pushing 500 and I was at around 600 at the wheel.

It depends on how much boost the ts is at. I suppose we are talking pump gas twin screws, which are in the neighborhood of anywhere from 580 to 620
How many cars did you put on him?

I had alittle bit a of a different outcome. I raced a ported stage 4 car with full exhaust (longtubes, 2.7 pulley, bolt ons) I think he made around 490-500rwhp or so. He also has a solid axle (which helps I suppose with weight savings and 1 passenger during the race). My mods are 2.2 KB @ 17PSI around 590-600rwhp. I had 2 passengers (big boys haha I weight 240lb muscle and my buddy is 250 not muscle lol). Anyway, we got it from a 40 punch and we were head to head until around 80 when I started pulling on him, and ended up pulling on him maybe 1 car max (he was right on my tail) This can be from a couple of things, my torque is really low (like 540rwtq) so it explains why he hang with me and my car uptop is obviously faster. Could also be the weight difference (I had 2 passengers, he had 1 + he has sra) But the difference wasn't that drastic considering I have around 100rwhp on him. I think the outcome would have been alot different If we did it from a 1st gear roll (where I feel the most torque in my car) and with no passengers.

Here is a perfect example of ported eaton car vs a kb car. Now of course, the KB is in mid boost here, if you pulley this beast to 21psi with some good gas obviously the KB would probably be ahead of these cars. But I give the props to the eaton here (530/570 obviously he has ported the shit out of it with a big lower) and the driving is pretty good as well. It would be really close if the two cobras raced here

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Q5JJqhovQ"]YouTube - 2.2kb cobra, ported cobra vs Cammed C6Z[/nomedia]

ruthless

Established Member
^ Sounds like we had the same race but I didnt have passangers and either did he. To bad he sold his Cobra because I would like to try it again this year with the Turbo and th400. lol

Users who are viewing this thread