twin screw guys....... how does it feel?

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
They are ok but then you want more and more. The next thing you know you are selling the twin screw and going turbo while eating ham on hand sandwiches. LOL

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
It's like stepping up from an accord to a Mustang GT, only way better. Ever drove a chipped Diesel? It's a lot like that only better.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
It hauls ass! Especially first gear punches in my car, feels like you left your stomach back about 5-10ft!! However as some already said, you get used to it quickly, and I did too. I want more now, my goal is to be around 700+rwhp! (currently around 600rwhp)

But just to let you know, a ported upper/lower eaton car can pretty much hang with a 2.3 or 2.2 kb at mid boost (I've raced a 2.8/4 car and I only got him top end maybe 2 cars max) but then again my kb is only at around 16-17psi and my torque is shit, not to mention i am not the greatest driver either, but those ported eatons especially with big lowers have torque (but 21psi on the kb can be deadly :)

Last edited:

liedenfrost

Established Member
You clinch your teeth, put your head back and hang on. Then your ass puckers, and it feels like going down the first hill on a roller coaster. Absolutely awesome! That is why I'm saving for a 2.9 Whipple with 21-22 psi in the future.

Last edited:

JStrib

No SVT for me
Established Member
You got 25 to 50hp left in that Eaton, come on! Get a TB/Plenum/Tune.

Yeah, because 50hp will make a big enough difference for him to forget about a twin screw. :lol:

I went from a twin turbo RX7 to a 2.2KB Cobra. Wow. I forgot that I even liked RX7s on the spot. :rolling:

cobracide

Established Member
Yeah, because 50hp will make a big enough difference for him to forget about a twin screw. :lol:

I went from a twin turbo RX7 to a 2.2KB Cobra. Wow. I forgot that I even liked RX7s on the spot. :rolling:

So what your saying is you've never had an Eaton? I see.

JStrib

No SVT for me
Established Member
No, but I've driven a few. I'm just making a point that if someone is wanting that much more power and not talking about nitrous, a more efficient twin screw like originally intended would probably be a better answer for them.

Also, the lol smiley on this forum looks really mean sometimes. Sorry lol

jimbob8915

Established Member
I was around 480hp with my 2.8 pullied ported eaton an now at 566hp with my twin screw 2.3 Whipple. Meh, not much difference in feel. It spun tires up pretty good before in first an second, 3rd an 4th feels better because the boost does not drop off. But my ass dyno cant really tell all that much. I should have ran it at the track but since I am a track novice it would be hard to say any improved times would be from skillz gettin better or massive hp increase because both should be true. Dont think I am talking you out of it cause now I am fiending for 600+.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
well it will def put one big ass smile on your face. i love the scream from the blower. also your friends will all want rides....

lastly enjoy it while you can, you only have one life to live. thats what i tell my wife all the time :D

chet3310

Established Member
Feels pretty good, here's a quick pull...

[ame=http://vimeo.com/16146131]2.2KB Cobra No lift Shift WOT Box on Vimeo[/ame]

03cobra5485

Established Member
^^^^^^ whaaat that sounds nasty lol i thought my ported eaton was loud...HOLY SHIT i want that now

derockgt

Established Member
ive road in my buddies 2.8h kenne bell and it pushes you in the seat hard :) even when your expecting it. now when you dont know its coming its like oh SHIITT

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I went from bone stock cobra to 2.3 whipple making 620. Wow what a difference! I couldn't see how any thing could be faster! Hahahah

THEN

It felt slow and I was getting bored quick...... It came off and now the 3.4 is on!!!!!! Getting tuned in a couple weeks and I'll be happy again! For a little while atleast...

lukabrozi

SVT *****
Established Member
there is no description

1. You will NEVER know all of its power and what it can truly do because the OH SH*T fear factor kicks in around 50% of its ability.
2. The cop/arrest factor kicks in around 30% of its ability.
3. You are not a professional driver so you, (me too), only use about 25% of its ability, if that.
4. It's great knowing that you have it but don't use it. Sort of like having a lottery check for 20 million and can't figure out how to spend it.
5. The look on others faces when you as a Cobra owner with 600 HP accept a race with someone. You just worry the shit out of everyone without really trying. Nobody knows, including you, what this car can do.
6. When you try to show off the power, you can never get enough of that 'rocket- F-18 launch to satisfy you. Somehow you missed the RPM limit or something.
7. You and your passenger have 2 entirely different perspectives. Your passenger and their knuckles have turned white or green and you are wondering what went wrong.
LOL

Last edited:

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
This thread is great, some very funny posts fellas. I just upgraded last summer to a Gen II Whipple 2.3 and there are days when I say "it wasn't really worth it" and there are days when I say "holy shit this car is a blast and a MONSTER". Thankfully there are more days when I say the latter. However, my car was plenty fast with just a 2.8 upper/tune/CAI/CB. I just became bored after 7yrs owning the car and wanted to see what all the fuss with a TS was about.

First SOTP impression was "it's not 'that' much different", i don't think the difference felt as dramatic as when I first pullied/tuned my car. But to tell you the truth I'm still getting to know the power of my blower. I always run out of road too fast LOL! I know one thing the power is more ferocious and broad than before. I picked up 120hp50TQ with some clutch slip when I added the Whip. My car pulls and pulls, the upper RPMs are like hyperspace! In the end I realized horsepower lust is a disease that I thought a TwinScrew would cure, I was wrong. I'm already turning up the boost this spring!

Only cons: I can't get that money back and my Whipple is so quiet, I miss the obnoxious/infectious scream of my pullied eaton!

Users who are viewing this thread