• "Yes I do!"

Votes: 127 59.6%
  • "It's not a mustang! It's a Cobra"

Votes: 86 40.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deric

Established Member
Just wondering what the common reaction is for Cobra owners when the less informed call your Cobra a mustang. Though it technically is a Mustang, what is your reaction?

Last edited:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
What do you say "Sweet, you have a 'Mustang'?"

Yes i do!

It is not a mustang, its a Cobra!

I call mine a Cobra. My kids call it the Mad Cobra. LOL

My neighbor went for a ride in mine for the first time yesterday. He said "I've never been a fan of mustangs but this car is just plain sick". LOL

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
When someone says what car I drive. If they look like a car guy I will say a Mustang Cobra, if it's someone who doesn't car or know. I will say a Mustang.

mnewxcv

Established Member
if someone says they drive a cobra, i wouldnt know if its a mustang cobra, ac/shelby cobra, kit cobra, etc.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
just them them it's a basically stock Mustang.. if they ask more, I'll tell them just a pulley, CAI, intake and tune on a V8.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
"Yes I do!"

If they find out later on that it is a little bit more than that, that's OK too.
The next conversation if it is about the car being a Cobra not just a Mustang, will be of an entirely different nature since I sand bagged the whole deal, and they brought it back up.

Depending on the questions, I will find out what they know about cars in general and also Mustang knowledge.

If they ask how much that paint job cost,:nonono: that will tell me they are just casual observers and not really that deep into the Ford gear head scene.

I am not going to bury everyone I talk to about the car, with every last detail.

If I get a question similar to... "you put Brembos on this thing?", Or.."Has it been pullied?", then I pretty much know I can get into the nitty gritty with that person and they will understand most of it.

John Q Averageguy normally doesn't know one Mustang from the next let alone the differences between all the Mustang Cobras.

Last edited:

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
I call it a Cobra to most anybody, unless I can tell they know their stuff and then its a Terminator.

Half the local car guys call it either-or. A few just call it a Mustang.

A woman I work with informed me the other day at the office, the mail guy came to make his rounds and asked her 'who owned the sick Mustang'. To which she replied 'its not a MUSTANG its a COBRA' lol she was all proud to tell me she corrected him =)

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
"Yes I do"

If they ask what kind, I.e. GT, Mach 1, or just a V6 then ill let em know it's a Cobra. Now if they're looking at it and asking me what it is, then obviously they know nothing about cars so I just say an 03 Mustang.

stangaholic280

Established Member
The people who I'd want to call it a Cobra, already know it's a Cobra. The people who I don't care what they call it....well, I don't care! :lol1:

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
It's a FORD MUSTANG COBRA. Anybody that denies that or cries about ANYBODY calling it a Mustang is a typical 'holier than thou' Cobra owner.

f2hatch

Established Member
I call it mustang to most people .Couldn't Care less if other people call it a mustang or cobra. At the end of day its still a mustang. The only time I correct them is if they have the balls to call it a shelby. Then I say it's not a shelby its a cobra. I hate shelby's so I take as a insult. They usually come back with oh shelby is the rare one. I just roll my eyes and say there is a lot more shelby's then there is cobras. Just go to any show I guarantee you see less cobras. I think at this point it seems like there is more shelby's on the road then GT's.

Deric

Established Member
Haha ya the SRT4-ers are bad for that. I know it is a mustang. Just wondering if people get excited to say "Its a Cobra." I think thats something to be proud of.

Users who are viewing this thread